5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Fortunately I didn't read the reviews before I bought this thermometer, if I had I would have missed out on a really first-rate thermometer.
Having recently bought an oven thermometer that was 50 degrees centigrade in error I was looking for something that was accurate. I recently watched a video with Heston cooking and saw that he used this thermometer, and with his...
Published 21 months ago by scotty

1.0 out of 5 stars thermometer
this was badly made,it fell to bits the 2nd time i used it.i wouldn't advise anybody to buy this product
Published on 27 Nov 2011 by john walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Heston Blumenthal Precision Digital Confectionary Thermometer (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic prouct, easy to use and clean, easy to read and accurate.

I will definitely be buying from the Heston Blumenthal range again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!, 28 Dec 2013
Used it to make Turkish delight for a Christmas present and mid using it the ink started to disperse so the temperature was unrecognisable which then resulted in not set turkish delight really disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 30 Oct 2013
Does what it says clips on well to pan doesn't move around . However will need glasses to read instructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Jam making, 15 Sep 2013
zingaro (North Wales) - See all my reviews
I now now using this for my second season of jam making. Works every time in telling me that the setting point is reached - the manual way of taking a sample and seeing if a skin formed on it was terrible for me. My setting point is 104.5C. The thermometer shows 99.5C in boiling water.

I have to press degrees Centigrade each time as it defaults to Fahrenheit but OK. Easy to clean. On some pans it does not clip so well on the side but it works well enough and the dial ican be moved to point at me and is easily readable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure as yet, 13 Aug 2013
I don't know if it is me or the instrument but it could be better. I was making fudge and had it clipped to the side of the pan but the probe kept getting in the way also It never did show as reaching the soft ball stage although my mixture did as the fudge came out beautifully after I ended up checking the stage with dropping it in water as the thermometer just wouldn't register. I think reading other posts that it maybe needs calibrating but it seems wrong that they are being manufactured with the wrong calibration. In this case the cost does not represent the item as this was expensive for something that, although I've only used it once so far, doesn't seem to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 20 Feb 2013
Recommend. Easy to use and very accurate. Works very well for what it is intended to do. Worth the buy

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and a disappointment, 13 Feb 2013
Battery change requires the skills of a neuro-surgeon combined with the patience of a saint. Temperature read-out innacurate. Pan grip not to be relied on. Glad it packed up - back to the good old brass and glass sugar thermometer for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 30 Jan 2013
very fast and affected has a chart about temperture and very arucret readings evry thing you want from a prope :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great jam, 22 Jan 2013
a product i would recommend to any one who wants to make the perfect jam easy to use and clean. top marks

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well but........, 22 Jan 2013
Was bought this for christmas 2011 by my son who is a chef, for me to use mainly for jams, preserves and confectionary. It was excellent to start with but since changing the battery (which when removed showed signs of corrosion) it will not work. I am very disappointed and would not recommend the purchase of this item. I am now on the look out for something more robust and am considering going back to the original mercury type sugar thermometer. Would appreciate any helpful suggestions as my previous mercury type was also a failure as all the numbers were stencilled on and floated off into my jam. The one priot to this was my mothers and worked well for over 20 years between us but can't remember the make.

Heston Blumenthal Precision Digital Confectionary Thermometer
Heston Blumenthal Precision Digital Confectionary Thermometer by Heston Blumenthal precision by Salter
12.99