Read a few reviews around the net regarding this chain and lock and was pleasantly surprised when I bought one!

First off there are a few sites that slate the lock as being not up to the job but upon reading these in more detail it becomes apparent that this is because they are basing this on using it as the sole lock and nothing else..

I on the other hand am using it as my secondary lock in conjunction with a Kryptonite Evolution series 4 D-Lock

I use this Knog chain to lock my front wheel to frame and then to bike rack only after securing the main hub of the frame and rear wheel to the rack using the Kryptonite D-Lock, if you do this you will always come back to your bike!

An excellent chain that is very strong and thick without being to heavy in the bag to carry around and coupled with the D-Lock gives you serious prevention security, it comes with a 55mm padlock (not the stated 38mm) encased in a lovely lime green protective plastic cover, the chains links are actually 8.5mm X 8.5mm which I measured using my micrometer which is overkill really to protect front wheels, the chain has a lovely thick canvas covering in a rather fetching lime green and black colour scheme which again tells thieves to look elsewhere at a glance

I have added a couple of pics to the front page so people can see just how well built this chain and padlock is

Comes with 3 standard keys that are not to big or carkey like..

A serious chain for the price and I am very impressed with it!
on 23 March 2014
Helps me feel a little more secure whilst bike commuting to work. Its very heavy though so take that into consideration. I use it to bind the rear wheel to the frame then use another lock to secure the bike frame to stand/pole/etc.. My reasoning is that if they manage to cut the longer lock securing the bike to the pole then they still are not going to be cycling it away.
on 20 July 2014
Great lock! Since I bought it, somebody tried to steal my bike with a bolt cutter and it only left a dent. Best lock I've bought in ages!
on 9 February 2014
Lovely lock, but my bike was stolen after a couple of months of locking it with this one. Cut right through. Clearly not much protection against bike thieves.