on 14 September 2000
My seven year old and I barely managed to get through his reading homework we were laughing so hard. The funniest book I have read in a long time. Short, wicked, delicious.
on 3 October 2000
My three children -- ages 7, 9 and 11 -- all laughed out loud when they read this, and so did I. Our copy has been misplaced, so we're ordering another.
on 13 March 2004
I recommend this book to everyone young and old. It is funny and entertaining, and gives you live from a cats point of view. It will help any child to enjoy reading. Can not wait for The Return of the Killer Cat. Notso Hotso is also a good read from a dogs point of view.
on 10 January 2007
This book starts off with a cat called Tuffy who kills a few animals such as birds and mice. His owners think this is very bad, but then Tuffy brings in a rabbit. This rabbit belongs to their next door neighbours and they think Tuffy has killed it. So, they clean the rabbit up and the dad sneaks next door to put the rabbit back in it's cage!

The next day the cat flap is nailed up, so that Tuffy can go out but not in! Then Tuffy is taken to the vets to get a jab, but he causes a lot of trouble and gets sent home. In the car park they meet their neighbours and are told about the how the rabbit reappeared in it's hutch after it had died and been buried in a box in the garden!

This book is written in the first person style in the form of a diary that is written by the cat, Tuffy. I would give it 10/10. I really enjoyed reading it.

Matthew Sargeant aged 9
on 25 September 2007
The Diary of a killer cat is just such a lovely book.
I read it over and over again when my (now 16 year old) daughter was younger, I have read it to my nieces and nephews and I now read it to my children at school.
It never fails to make little ones (and bigger ones) smile as dear old tuffy get into mischief just being Tuffy.
If you love to read children then this a defiantly a book to read to them
on 24 January 2000
My favourite book of all time has got to be A Diary of a Killer Cat. It is hillarious. The Author of this great book is Anne Fine. It is about a cat who almost tells a diary. My favourite bit is when he kills a bird and everyone goes bananas and are very angry with him.My favourite character has got to be the cat himself, or should I say killer cat. I think this is a really good and funny book.
on 17 March 2006
Diary of the killer cat. Author Anne Fine. Reviewed by Luka Aged 7.
What would you do if your cat kept bringing dead animals in your house?
Tuffy the cat keeps bringing animals in the house, a bird then a mouse then next a rabbit. Ellie's parents take Tuffy to a vet and find out what happens. The characters are Mum,Dad,Ellie and Tuffy. Ellie is a real wimp.Tuffy is a excellent killer.
I like the part when Tuffy brings the rabbit is dead but the parents think Tuffy killed it.
I would recommend it to people who have got a really naughty cat.
on 27 August 2001
THIS BOOK CAN MAKE ANYBODY LAUGH. IT GETS FUNNIER PAGE AFTER PAGE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LIKE THIS CAT HE HAS THE CHEEKIEST MANNER AND FINDS HUMANS HARD TO UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU ANNE FINE I NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD WHILE READING TO MY KIDS.!!
on 1 July 2003
We have 2 children - like chalk and cheese. The little girl loves reading and devours books. Our little boy however needs dragging, kicking and screaming each time he has to open the cover of a new book. That was until he read "The Diary of a Killer Cat" to me.
It so matched his own wicked sense of humour that he got caught up in it so much that he forgot he hated reading and read it with gusto.
He now wants to read more books by Anne Fine - great!
Fabulous book and a wicked sense of humour, nice one Anne!
on 27 May 1999
I thought that Diary of a Killer Cat was one of the funniest books I have ever read. I especially like it when Ellie had funerals for the little animals but the best part of all was when the family went to the trouble of making the rabbit look good to put back into its hutch. I liked the way it was set out like a diary - it made it easy to read.