5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone repair kit
This product was fantastic, it done the job and brilliant price and delivery.. I nearly gave up with my iPhone and it saved the day.. Recommend sellier.
Published on 8 Feb. 2012 by stella

1.0 out of 5 stars Product didn't match image and was faulty
I chose this particular item from the variety on offer because the photo of the battery shown looks exactly like the one I wanted to replace.
But the one sent to me was different. Presumably a cheaper compatible product.
The installation isn't straightforward. No instructions enclosed, but none were promised.
However, with the help of a youtube clip and...
Published on 3 April 2012 by P. Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Product didn't match image and was faulty, 3 April 2012
P. Mitchell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Replacement Battery for Apple iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB (Electronics)
But the one sent to me was different. Presumably a cheaper compatible product.
However, with the help of a youtube clip and the tools provided, I was able to compete the process of removing the old battery and installing the new.
But the phone then dropped power and reset itself, erratically but repeatedly, some 3-10 minutes after turning on.
I removed and reinstalled, but the same problem recurred again and again.
Finally, I removed and reinstalled the original battery, and the problem went away.
Conclusions. My guess is I was sold a cheap and faulty product.
Seller's response ? .... I haven't bothered. After spending two hours getting back to where I started, with a phone that has a short battery life but doesn't power down unpredictably, I can't waste more time dealing with a company that doesn't even supply the same product they show in the photograph. Life's too short !

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone repair kit, 8 Feb. 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars i phone battery, 4 April 2012
i bought this item on the 12 march 2012 it is now the 4th april 2012
and the battery is now no good do not buy this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine replacement, and good customer service, 29 Mar. 2012
I ordered this and after installing the battery I guess I didn't leave it charging up for long enough or didn't seat the battery quite right.

So it appeared to go from full charge to empty in just a few hours.

Neewer dealt with my curt/rude emails quite professionally.

After refitting the battery my old iPhone is back to its normal self. I have not timed how long a full charge last me as it is now days rather than hours. I'm more than happy with that.

Replacing a battery on an iPhone is a fiddly and time consuming affair. The tools included aren't top notch but I didn't need to use any others. They're designed to last a few replacement sessions, and that's fair enough for me.

Five stars for both the product and the supplier.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 26 April 2012
The battery is really rubbish i got it this morning and i tryed fitting it and it wouldnt fit (to big) and when the battery died after 3 hours it wont charge back up i recomend you dont buy the product waste of money!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars pretty poor, 25 April 2012
Mr. M. Casey - See all my reviews
Phone keeps turning off from time to time when left around, faulty battery? or poor quality..... do not recommend, sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 16 April 2012
This battery fitted the iPhone 3G I ordered it for exactly. I used a variety of YouTube clips to work out how to actually do the job and it was all pretty smooth.
Not a job for the fainted-hearted or fat-fingered but certainly manageable by most. For the price, I've recovered an iPhone that would never charge to more than 20% and run out in minutes, so I am delighted.
Happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The battery met all expectations. It was very cost effective., 18 Sept. 2013
The supplier did an excellent job delivering in a very short time.
There was a problem of my own making. I did not do enough research on the replacing of the battery into the Apple Iphone 3G
I followed youtube instructions to enter the iphone but damaged the strip connections. The iphone is in need of further and of course more expensive repairs. Obviously this was totally my own fault.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rip off, 18 Mar. 2014
I bought this for a mate as his battery had died. After fitting the battery the phone behaved very oddly and I thought I'd broken his phone so had to get him another one. It turns out the battery didn't work and my worries and agro from my mate were unnecessary. Only buy this item for people you hate or don't want to receive calls from.

3.0 out of 5 stars iPhone battery, 29 April 2012
P. Emerton "pemmo" (Leighton Buzzard, UK) - See all my reviews
Received the battery and toolkit in good time. The replacement took about 30 mins following instructions available online. The phone booted up OK after a full charge, but the overall battery life doesn't seem massively longer. Perhaps the original battery wasn't as bad as I thought. Overall pleased with the product and service.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›