5.0 out of 5 stars just a copy
When I was emailed to say this video was due to be released March 14th 2011 I presumed it was a new DVD. To my disappointment it is an exact copy of his Live In Dublin DVD with a new cover. The DVD is exactly the same. The quality is of course superb, but if you already have Live In Dublin you do not need to purchase this one!
Published on 13 Mar 2011 by jp12

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a happy customer!
I agree with "jp12" comment. This DVD is not new at all, just a copy of the original live in Dublin concert with a different cover/title (the original was brilliant). I am not very happy, particularly as Amazon had sent it to me as a recommendation. I purchased it as a gift for my father and he was very disappointed (as I am) that this is a duplicate performance!
Published on 14 Mar 2011 by Sandra

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a happy customer!, 14 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars just a copy, 13 Mar 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Double Standards, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
As previous said by different reviewers,this is not a new Dvd but the old Live in Dublin with a different cover.Amazon should know this before recommending this to clients,as personally it is a waste of money as it has been Re-Badged with a different cover. This is due mainly to overseas firms making the dvd and badging it with the original cover as they do in Holland. My copy of Live in Dublin was made in Australia about 6 years ago,now they bring it out as The Last Rose. Shocking standards Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling cheated, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
I, in common with other, purchased this DVD assuming it was new. How disappointing that I already had seen the entire DVD as I had bought "Live in Dublin" a few weeks ago - again from Amazon. I cant believe Amazon are still advertising the DVD as "2011". The concert was from 2003!! I feel very cheated.

2.0 out of 5 stars Old concert re released, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
To anyone thinking of buying this DVD please take heed. Being a Andre Rieu fan I eagerly placed my order three weeks before this disc was released. When it arrived I was very disappointed that this concert had been released before in 2003 with a different cover, Titled as Live in Dublin in 2003 but now called The Last Rose 2011, the track listings and bonus features are exactly the same.
I cannot fault the concert and think it is in the running for being one of his best, but I have played it many times before. So if you have not seen Andre Rieu Live in Dublin I recommend it. If you have save your money.
Sorry for the bad review Andre but feel a bit cheated.

5.0 out of 5 stars the last rose, 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
if anybody has the dvd live in dublin,this dvd is the same just a different cover and name,i think this is because the original was only available outside the uk and if you wanted it,it had to shipped to you until now, as andre is getting more more popular in the u.k,his previous dvd,s are slowly being being released here,so if you have been following him for a while you might already have some of these re-released dvds! but as for this dvd its excellent as always,if you dont have the original,this is a must have!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Last Rose, 20 Mar 2011
D. M. Mouat (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
I didn't think this was new. The orchestra is a lot smaller and some of the original members look differant.
The credits at the end of the DVD say 2003 - so it's not new.
So why did Amazon send us all e-mails saying it was ??

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Rieu, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is superb. When his music isn't making me get up and dance with my long-suffering partner around the room, I'm sitting there blubbing at music like "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. He is truly amazing and a joy to watch. The costumes of the ladies in his orchestra are beautiful and everyone is full of fun at the same time. Watching the faces of the people in his audience, and their reactions to what is in front of them, is great. Go on and treat yourself - you'll never tire of listening and watching anything by this man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andre Galore in Dublin!, 15 April 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
At first The Last Rose didn't impress me in the way Moonlight Serenade did in a very big way from the first notes! But the more I saw it the more it grew on me. Of course Andre and his orchestra are tremendous. Carmen Monarcha in 'O mio babbino caro' and Carla in 'Song of Olympia' are sensational - Carmen so cute yet convincing and Carla petite and impressive - both with such beautiful voices. I loved the touch of humour during Espana Cani and the Chianti Song. As an opera lover I enjoyed the pieces from Opera Potpourri and Merry Widow, and the Irish audience lavished in their singalong to these tunes. Of course I never tire listening to the waltzes and marches and I must admit I simply loved Andre and the Dubliner John battling it out on their violins - most entertaining. I just love the way Andre Rieu and his JSO make music. I really enjoy his DVDs because they emit that good feeling factor and The Last Rose is no exception!

1.0 out of 5 stars Feel misled!, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
Again like some other purchasers was recommended this by Amazon and sent for it for my parents only to find it was exactly the same as the previous DVD just different packaging. Considering I purchased the other one from Amazon as well bit cross it wasn't made clear that this was a duplicate. Learnt my lesson now, won't pre-order in future!!

The Last Rose: André Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD]