on 29 July 2011
Jonathan Graves is a freelance rescue-specialist with exceptional but informal links to people in power. The family of a former military buddy is kidnapped by a sect intent on changing the American order and Jonathan and his small team gear up to carry out the rescue.

The action is non-stop from the opening pages and Gilstrap is a capable writer who does well with his characterisations even though readers may not warm to all the players.

I can live with the scenario he creates as the plot, but I'm less sure about the detail, including the fact that the team is just so well-resourced. Also, the team locates the sect's rural hideaway half-way through the book, rendering the second half very one-dimensional (i.e. the rescue battle) despite a twist and new story thread towards the end.

The book is a true page-turner, even if somewhat predictable, but I'm not convinced that it has either the depth or intrigue that some readers would like to see. 7/10
on 22 October 2013
My first ( but not my last) John Gilstrap book. This is a cracker that rattles along at a great pace. Great storyline that keeps it's pace right through from start to finish. Strong and memorable characters too. I am half way through another 'Jonathan Grave thriller' now, I'm hooked !
on 29 August 2013
My first read of John Gilstrap books. and what a pleasant surprise, a real page turner, I could not put it down.
all I can say is this, if you like Brad Thor and Vince Flynn books then you will love this.
on 4 July 2015
Love Jonathan Grave, my kind of hero. What can I say another page Turner. I love this series of books the characters are so well formed And all to human
on 21 July 2011
One of the best books I've read in ages. Filled with suspense, but a huge amount of heart. Can not recommend strongly enough.
on 27 March 2015
This is the first book I have read by John Gilstrap. I enjoyed this thriller and look forward to reading more by this author.
on 15 March 2014
A great page turner. Well written, full of action and intrigue. More please, as I've now read of your published novels.
on 29 October 2014
Hard to put down once started and too exciting in parts. Had the heart pumping as if you are there with Digger!
on 28 December 2013
Great read lots of twists and turns. Just going to down load Mr Gilstraps next book and start reading, thanks
on 11 March 2014
This my first bilateral book and I am quite impressed although not vince Flynn it was a good read in all