on 14 May 2011
This is a great overview of a duo (firstly Jon & Steve, then Jon & Helena) who's music was the underground hippie-trippie sound of the late 80's and the hi-energy electronic sound of the early 90's. So underground in fact that mostly they passed the mainstream by with pretty much a whimper. This is a great shame as much of their music is almost perfect whilst the rest is... actually perfect (and beautiful in parts too). If you've not heard much of them this is a cheap and cheerful way of looking through their back catalogue. I'm STILL hopeful that Jon might put out a new album. Check out his myspace page for (newer) stuff or go to their website for numerous remixes of their recordings BUT you need to get this CD too. Well done to the record company for putting together a cracking double CD!
on 18 February 2012
This CD shows how The Beloved become so amazing with his unique sound making dance music without be stupid. I bought this CD only for the rare tracks not available elsewhere since I already have all their releases, but it's their best compilation with really ALL their hits and all their best tracks, even the less known like "dream on" which is one of my faves. If you want to know this band, this is the perfect album to buy first, but I bet you will get the rest soon as possible.
The Beloved are a little remembered dance/pop duo from the late Eighties and early Nineties. Their biggest hit was the litany of popular culture single 'Hello', whilst the sublime 'Sweet Harmony' and trancey 'The Sun Rising' were also strong hits. After three albums the group petered out, but this collection provides a reminder of just how underrated they were, even if Jon Marsh's fey, uninvolved vocals aren't to everyones' taste.
on 1 April 2011
A superb overview of this truly underrated band. This comprehensive BEST OF has been a long time coming, but now it's here, it's been well worth the wait. Every song you'll need from this band on a crammed double CD, with a revealing essay too that makes interesting reading.

Full credit too must go to The Music Deluxe label (part of the Demon Music Group), who have produced a great selection of music at a very affordable price. It's great to see that there are still some record companies who care about the music and the fans at the same time. BRILLIANT!
on 23 May 2011
Excellent compile of The Beloved - a truly underrated band. Now can we please get a DVD with all their clips? And perhaps then a remastered, reissue series of all the albums with bonus material, 12"s, remixes etc etc?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2011
I love this album. After a long stressfull day at work, I just pop "Sweet Harmony" in the CD player, put the top down and take the long way home. There is a nice video out there as well.
on 16 January 2015
Love The Beloved, I still hope they (or him) make a new album, this has a good selection of my favourite chill out tracks for the car.
on 25 February 2013
Very enjoyable, good back-ground music, in the main. I now have it on my IPad for walking the dogs, as well as in the car.
on 1 January 2013
Just had to have this on CD as only had it on Cassette from my college days and loved it then
on 22 September 2014
Took me right back to my student days! Every track a hit. Love it.