5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-vis or red
Ordered a Hi-vis strap 'cause I've lost a few pairs of sun specs when out fishing. This is a really good strap, long enough to let my glasses hang out of the way when tying on a new fly, comfortable to wear and fits tight onto glasses. I'm so impressed I've just ordered a red one for my other pair of sunglasses.
Published on 16 July 2011 by Hoarsefly

3.0 out of 5 stars Make your own mind up...
Mixed feelings about this one.
Product looks and feel robust enough to last a few seasons use - however, in my opinion the material is a little on the heavy side and will im sure not be suitable for light weight glasses. like most things, its a personal thing so i wont get hung up on this aspect.

The ends secure very well onto my glasses, and there's no...
Published 1 month ago by Hot Tub Time Macine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-vis or red, 16 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, very bright and good fittings; however, be aware it's quite chunky, 13 Jan 2014
A little more expensive than most options, the retainer is nicely made. It's not too long, the fabric is good quality and is extremely bright. The plastic length adjuster is thick enough to last and secured in such a way that it cannot fall off.

Do be aware that because they are floatable the retainer is relatively thick, about 1cm, as it's filled with a soft and squishy foam.

I found it was light and didn't impact my sunglasses' position, and my glasses are quite light, but others with very light glasses said it can affect their balance.

Pros
- Good quality materials
- Very bright
- Lightweight

Cons
- Thicker than non-floating retainers (~1cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright. Does the job., 31 July 2012
The retainer is a very bright fluorescent yellow. Seems floaty enough for my glasses. The only thing is that I wish the rubber bits that slide over the glasses arm end was longer. Whilst it hasn't come off yet, doesn't seem like it will take much to do that. However it does do the job and it's unlikely both would get pulled off. I'm hoping I don't have to test it for real!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what was needed, 25 July 2012
On only my second ever go in a canadian canoe recently with school I was capsized and lost a very expensive pair of glasses.
Dispite this, I thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted to make sure it didn't cost me so much next time.... I bought these items (2 sets to ensure I always have a spare), and they do exactly what I needed - stop my glasses from falling off if I capsize. Can't say much more really, they work, reasonably priced, and hard to miss given the bright colour. If I had to put a negative, it would only be that they are quite long and so there's quite a long sticky out bit behind my head - they must be designed to fit anyone from king kong down....

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 28 Jun 2014
Bought these to keep my glasses in place when playing badminton.
Does the job well, possibly a little on the heavy side but overall would buy again

3.0 out of 5 stars Make your own mind up..., 21 Jun 2014
Mixed feelings about this one.

The ends secure very well onto my glasses, and there's no sign of stress or fatigue in the material.

The adjustable toggle is made of hard plastic and does look brittle enough to break with a knock or two. A softer rubber based compound would have been more practical.

Overall a good product and in my view shapes up better than other similar cheaper items.

perhaps naively, i did think i was getting two retainers. This was because of the image used for the item. It shows a black and green. I accept I could have explored this before buying - i didn't, i based my decision on the image. One could argue it's misleading, but equally insist that it's down to me to determine what the offer comprised of.

I've raised this politely with the seller, but so far no response.

My advice if you are looking at this item thinking that its for two retainers, its not, so do not be misled.
Otherwise happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 19 Jun 2014
I got these in a hurry for a sea kayaking trip despite some of the poorer reviews. So far I haven't had a problem with them, I bought the florescent ones because they are nice and bright meaning that it would be very hard to misplace them! I haven't checked to see if they do make my sunglasses float yet, but they should do considering the length of them (as mentioned by others, they are quite long.) They are quite thick as others have mentioned but I haven't found that that impacts on their job at all, if anything I think these are more comfortable than my previous sunglasses retainers (last pair got stolen along with my sunglasses), because if you do it up tight it doesn't dig into your head. I haven't experienced my sunglasses being lifted off my nose yet like some other people have mentioned, but this could be because I am using a cheap pair of sunglasses which where not designed to be really light. Although personally if using these for outdoor pursuits I would get a cheap pair of sunglasses and put these on them rather than risking a good pair. Overall I really like these and would recommend them to anyone looking for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Perfect., 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gill Floatable Sunglass Retainer (Misc.)
I bought this with the intention of use for whitewater kayaking.
I've been on several rivers now and it has never failed me. Great product.

One thing you need to watch out for is the size of the rubber used for attaching your glasses. Size of the hole on the rubber is about 5mm diameter. They do stretch to some extent but if the ends of your glasses are too big or small, it will not work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retainers, 9 Jan 2014
I have never used sunglass retainers before and when I use these I find it alot easier when travelling, worth buying

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for light sunglasses/specs, 6 Dec 2013
This item is quite bulky and heavy compared to, say the shoelace-like type. The upshot is that if your sunglasses/specs are quite light, the weight of the retainer tends to lift them off the bridge of your nose. This quickly gets annoying.

If you have nice swanky solid Oakleys you'll probably be fine, but I won't be wearing this again, I'll be looking for a shoelace-type.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›