5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read
One of the first books of mills and boon to read and was not disappointed! the story has a more realistic element compared to other storylines. the author went straight into the core elements on the first page and was hooked from there on end. would recommend to anyone wanting a change of scenery from the usually straight forward romance.
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by ibiza318

2.0 out of 5 stars stop whining
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by London looks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 30 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought: Destitute yet defiant, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Bought: Destitute Yet Defiant (Mills & Boon Modern) (Kindle Edition)
I only realised this was a Mills and Boon book after I'd read it and I was surprised at that. This is without a doubt the best book I've read since I got my kindle for Christmas 2010. Jessie is in limbo since her brother Johnny died 3 years ago and she's still paying off the debts he accrued as a drug addict. One of her jobs is to sing in a backstreet bar where on this particular night one of the audience happens to include Silvio Briannza a sicilian. When she leaves the bar 6 men are ready to attack her as she isn't paying off the debt quick enough until "The sicilian" steps in. Initially he helps as he's trying to face up to his mistakes which include giving money to Johnny that enabled him to continue to take drugs. Jessie blamed Silvio for his role in Johnny's debt so he's not her number 1 choice for helping her out of her fix. With the strong storyline you see how Jessie's life changes when Silvio takes charge but is there a happy ending? and does than ending involve Jessie and Silvio? You'll need to read to find out. This was a bit light on the sex scenes but I think quality rather than quantity prevails here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 13 Mar 2011
Julie Browne "jules" (england south staffs) - See all my reviews
Julie Browne (England)
Love a story thats grips from page one as this does. First Sarah Morgan book will be looking for more. read this inside 24 hrs as i found the book funny, romantic, compelling and sexy without being expicit. a very well written story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good For A Free e-Book, 18 April 2011
Z. Meyer - See all my reviews
I found this book to be surprisingly good. Having read another free romance that was distinctly sub-par, I wasn't expecting much but was very happy to be proved wrong with this story! The start was very gripping and pulled you in. I would concede that the heroine probably does cross the line slightly into 'For goodness sake, stop putting yourself down so much woman!' territory - but it's part of her character, so it doesn't jar, it's just the only down side in a very good read, which is easy to overlook for the sake of the rest of the story. I have a baby & thus sleep is at a premium & I still stayed up till 2:30am to finish this. Always the sign of a good book I feel!

2.0 out of 5 stars stop whining, 1 Mar 2011
OK - the price was right - picked this up for free on the Kindle. Liked the hero, very hot. Decent love scenes, but had to skip pages and pages of the heroine's whining. Good Lord - we all feel inadequate, but best to keep that as INTERNAL dialogue and not constantly saying "I'm not good enough" And I couldn't suspend my disbelief on the whole fab singer/ owes money to loan sharks front.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for free, 22 Mar 2013
Short punchy novella with betrayal at its heart, and how love can conquer all.

There were some bits that lagged a bit in the telling, however all all it was well written, and I'd certainly choose something by this author again.

All in all a 3 star read, a shame it wasn't slightly longer with a bit more jeopardy woven in as it could have garnered more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought: Destitute yet Defiant, 24 Feb 2010
This is another excellent book by Sarah Morgan.
Description from the book

Ruthless sicilian, virgin mistress

He's scarred, sexy, and unashamedly Sicilian...
Silvio Brianza dragged himself out of the slums, but his scars run deep...

She's defiant, desirable, and utterly disobedient!
Jessie still scrapes her living, scrubbing floors by day and singing in seedy bars by night... Silvio turned his back on that world, but now he's found Jessie he's going to make her his!

Jessie may be powerless to resist Silvio's raw sexuality, but no amount of dresses and diamonds can change their history. He's her enemy, he's shunned his past - he'll never love the street girl she is...will he?

I could not put this book down so it was cover to cover read - Im sure you will enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STAR TREAT, 24 Feb 2010
Karen Davies (Port Talbot) - See all my reviews
Sarah Morgan is one of my favourite author's, and boy, she doesn't disappoint with this book.

Silvio is your perfect 'knight in shining armour', everything you could wish for is wrapped up in this gorgeous package of a man. I know I'm being sexist and silly, the politically correct amongst you, might object to such an old fashioned idea, but I don't care, he is fab!!

The whole book is crafted so well, the balance works fine, and the whole story just flows, to the happy ending we all secretly crave for in life.

I loved Jessie, she is so brave and courageous, but in the end, Silvio was there for her, against all odds.

I'm off now to dream of finding Silvio for myself. A girl can dream can't she?

xx Karen

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab indepth story, 14 Dec 2010
I have never come across Sarah Morgan's books before and bought this second hand on the off chance and I am glad I did!

I liked the fact that her story was not light in terms of theme and was a very realistic read.

Both main characters are realistic in that the story is not all about living a millionaire lifestyle.

I have already ordered some more of her stories for the Christmas hols at home.

You wont be disappointed - A Great Read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Destitute yet defiant, 11 July 2014
Since I started reading mills and boon books at 18 Ive always enjoyed reading them, this book is another classic which I enjoyed reading and so will all mills and boon fans.