5.0 out of 5 stars And So It Ends: a look back at why Harry matters
When all is said and done - when the eye candy special effects of Quidditch matches and fantastical creatures has been superseded by advances in technology in Hollywood blockbusters yet to come - it is the little moments that this viewer and his wife will return to.

When a friend one time bemoaned the fact that `Half-Blood Prince' gets bogged down in pointless...
Published on 16 July 2011 by Paul Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
After watching DH 2, I feel that in some way or the other I have to get rid of my disappointment with this movie. Having always preferred the books, I nevertheless enjoyed the movies to some extent and I was really looking forward to the last of the series.

The first 90 minutes or so, the movie is okay with a few great moments like Maggie Smith fighting Snape...
Published on 26 Nov 2011 by Virgi;ia

‹ Previous | 161 62 6370 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter fizzles out, 30 Dec 2011
The Harry Potter franchise fizzles out in this final installment which lacks the emotional charge of the third and fourth movies. Whoever chose to remove Cuaron after his brilliant change of direction in the third film (after Columbus' overly-childish interpretation of the first two films and the sheer incompetence of not having Harry knowingly perform any magic in the first film at all) needs to have their head examined, as the great pace and dark mood needed to be continued right up to the end. Everything is done too quickly in the final film, with the director trying to compensate for lack of emotion by having Neville make a silly speech during the battle which was not in the book. Altogether too quick, with some great moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars least satisfying, 27 Dec 2011
Steve (Weymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife and I found this the least satisfying of the Harry Potter movies. It was not as exciting as we expected and felt rushed compared to the book.It is not a bad film but we expected better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Film in a broken box, 18 Dec 2011
I pre-ordered this item as a gift for a close friend and it was just given to the recipient and the main disk was loose in the DVD box due to broken centre clip.
I have had a lot of purchases from Amazon and this is the first time it has happened but the funny thing is that the same delivery contained another DVD and it too had a broken centre clip.

One hell of a film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Dec 2011
First off, thank you to Amazon for the fast delivery of a replacement copy as my original would not work properly.

I've been a fan of the books and the films for years, I'm very pleased to own the final chapter. It shall be watched many times.

A must for any Harry Potter fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film!!!, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I pre-ordered this Blu-ray and it arrived a day before its initial release. I don't no if a mistake was made but I'm not complaining about it! The film is incredible and my favorite of the entire harry potter series, watching it in blu-ray however, really made the picture crisp and worth the extra cash for the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing.., 5 Dec 2011
I am a dedicated fan of the series and have followed it from the release of book 4 as it appeared in the news with lots of children lined up waiting for the bookshops to open. I have to say, as an avid reader, my interest was piqued. I bought the first 4 as a set and thought I'd read some of the first one then watch a film but as the story got going I was hooked! I read the first and powered through the second and started the third before my alarm went off for work! I fell in love with the characters and have tried to encourage my family to read them. I was so excited to learn that there were to be films made of the series but was quite dismayed at the thought that there is too much that couldn't be shown on screen without looking a bit fake, but was again pleasantly surprised.

There are some mistakes in the books and films but I find it easy to ignore them. The characters are so real that they can make you feel for them. I must confess to shedding a tear or two during this one as I did when I read the book (you'll know which part) and that can only be because of the brilliant acting from those concerned.

I recommend this film as the best of the series.
So sad it had to end.

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Harry Potter Before Release Date, 1 Dec 2011
The film, I don't want to go into too much detail rather than it is the best Harry Potter to date. The effects are phenomenal. I haven't opened the product yet as it is a birthday present but wanted to comment how the package was delivered by Amazon the day before shop sales. Rather impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazed!, 1 Dec 2011
M. Houghton "Molly Rocker" (Herts, London, UK) - See all my reviews
so i wont go on about how good the film is because everyone knows this one is by far the best, what i would like to say is thankyou to amazon for their exceptional delivery, i recieved this item on the 29th november :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brilliance, 30 Nov 2011
Harry Potter is on of the world most loved and well known film series in the world, so filming the final film would be on of the gratest chanlances in the history in movie making but I have to say that it lives up to all the standards of the pervious 7 films and it also lives up to the standard of the book which some of the films have not. In conclusion this DVD is on in a million and would be a perfect gift for anyone because I know it would be loved by all.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 30 Nov 2011
I haved recieved these dvd yet. I saw it at cinema and I got all of his films he did on dvd because i loved them

‹ Previous | 161 62 6370 | Next ›