Format: DVDChange

on 27 March 2012
I watched this movie with expectation that it wasn't going to be very good. Although I was slightly more impressed than I expected, it really isn't great. If the first film had never existed, then part II would be better received because in effect, this is the same film.

Don't get me wrong; it's not boring, just not original. It's perfect for a Saturday night when all you want to do is relax and have a (bit of) a laugh. The acting is fine and the script is ok- it's just the fact that the plot is pretty much the same.

I just wish the original could have been left alone as I feel that the sequel has damaged part ones reputation a bit.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 September 2013
There is a certain amount of predictability in this film, which is not really bad. The movie picks up 2 years later. Ed Helms is getting married in Thailand (pronounced Thigh-land). His future father-in-law hates him. His wife has a 16 year old brother who is pre-med. Ed wisely chooses not to have a bachelor party or invite Alan (Zach Galifianakis) along. He is talked into inviting Alan who worships the time the "Wolf Pack" was together. Of course once the guys get back together and raise their glasses in a toast...

The movie uses the same formula as the first one. It takes a seemingly impossible situation and reconstructs a humorous story around it. Their mission in this episode is to locate Teddy, the pre-med student. On par with the first film.

F-bomb, nudity, she-male nudity, crude humor, n-word, Ed Helms bent over and taking it up the...
on 28 October 2013
We went to the movies to watch Hanover Part I and absolutely loved it. My husband laughed that much and that loud I kept missing parts of the film so when I saw it on DVD I purchased it. We watch it over and over as we seem to miss so much. When I saw Hanover Part II for sale I had to buy it after enjoying the first one. I do think this one is funny but not so good. We love the actors, they all seem to fit together so well but the humour doesn't seem to be there as much as in the first one. Still worth purchasing and have to admit the more I watch it the better it seems to get because you hear things for some reason you missed before.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When I first heard about this film, part of me worried that the second movie wouldn't live up to my expectations and wouldn't be a successful movie as many sequels to movies have been less than brilliant, but thankfully, this movie is just as exciting as part I.

The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredibly funny tale which although follows the same concept as the previous movie, is still completely unique. This time, the boys are off to Thailand for Stu's wedding and though he is adamant that they don't have a bachelor party and keep things low key with a 'Bachelor Brunch', somehow, mayhem still ensues.

If you've seen the first movie, then you're definitely going to enjoy the second, with more crazy antics and blank memories. This is just as thrilling as the first movie despite what other people say. I was sat in a cinema full of people laughing their heads off the entire way through, and in my book, that means it's a damn good movie. It may revolve around the same concept of the original but the suspense as they search for Teddy, Stu's fiancee's little brother, and clues as to their antics of the previous night still keep you interested the entire way through.

I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for an hour and half of laughter and banter.
on 17 July 2013
I have to say yes the film was funny not as funny as the first film but still funny. But the film is let down buy the fact that it is just the same film all over again. It could had been very different but just didn't almost a shame as I'd don't think I could watch this film again as I have the first film as well. Now before I go into spoilers I will say that this film is worth watching but I would not suggest buying if you have the first film.

FROM HERE ON SPOILERS...........................

The film follows the same plot almost identically to the firs film and if that's what they are trying to do then we'll done.
So once again we are at a weeding but this time it is stews wedding and once again they get drunk and wake up in a hotel with no memory of what happend. Know once again a character has gone missing but this time it is the brother of stews wife to be. And also once again his location is right under there noses but this time in the elevator of the hotel. And also once again they think the person missing has been stolen.
But there are even more Similarities. Alan has drugged then again. Instead of losing a tooth stew has got a tattoo and instead of getting married he has had sex with a lady boy. Instead of the baby there is a monkey and chow is back again.
Also the film just follows the same plot rushing around to find out what they did the night before and taking the hole film to realise we're the missing person is then fussing back and only just making it back in time to the wedding.

NO MORE SPOILERS...............................

So in conclusion a ok film that could of been a lot more if they had changed the plot a bit more. If you don't have the first one get it but if you do I wold suggest renting it. But all to there own Thanks for reading
on 22 November 2012
If you listened to the critical press you could be mistaken in believing that `The Hangover Part 2' is going to be one of the worst films you have ever seen. The film was blasted for following almost the exact same beats as the first film in the series. Remember, this is the sequel to a film that was the most profitable R rated movie of all time and also one of the few genuinely funny films to come out of the USA in recent years. `Hangover 2' is certainly more of the same, but when something is good, having a little more is not the worst thing that can happen.

The Wolfpack return and this time they wake up in Thailand - cue revisiting all the places they forgot about. It is lazy on the part of writer/director Todd Phillips to do almost the exact same stuff as the last time around, in a different locale, but at least he knows what works. It is the three leads that make this film and extorting their chemistry is key to the film's success. Ed Helms is the most likable and funniest person in the film, with Zach Galifianakis once more playing Alan. This is the one film in which I can stand Galifianakis' creepiness. Bradley Cooper also returns, but he is even less likable than before.

`Hangover 2' is a road movie set within one city as the trio go from comedic set piece to comedic set piece. As vignettes many of the moments are very amusing, although you do constantly get reminded of the previous funnier film. As a whole the series of unfortunate events is a mess, there may as well be no plot. However, the sparks that fly between the mismatched trio is enjoyable and you have a warm feeling towards them built up from the last film. I found `The Hangover 2' laugh out loud funny in places, but nowhere as much as the first film. This does not mean the sequel is abysmal, just a little disappointing. View it on its own merit and you have a perfectly decent US comedy.

The exotic setting of Thailand should make the HD pop, but Phillips is not a visual director and shoots the film as if it were a series of sets. The DVD is perfectly fine to watch. Extras are decent, especially if you like seeing the actors' adlib alternative dialogue.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 December 2011
A couple of years after the Las Vegas incident, the guys, Phil (Bradley Cooper -The A-Team), Doug (Justin Bartha -National Treasure) & Alan (Zach Galifianakis -Due Date) have recoverd & are reunited once again. Reunited that is, to fly to Thailand for Stu's (Ed Helms -The Hangover) Wedding to the beautiful Lauren (Jamie Chung -Sucker Punch) much to the dismay of her unapproving father Fohn (Nirut Sirichanya -Ong Bak). The group are joined by Stu's soon-to-be 16 year old brother-in-law prodigy, Teddy (Mason Lee -The Hangover 2), and they are all determined, well mainly Stu really, for things to be a lot calmer & no repeats of Vegas.

Everything is going well up until the evening before the wedding, where the group of guys are enjoying a warm fire on the beach & having just the one sociable beer each, while Alan brought some marshmellow treats. What could go wrong ?

Overall, basically what we have here is the same recipe as the original film, just a new location & story line. It has some funny moments in it , in places , albeit a little more predictable this time around as we know the recipe, so it doesn't quite have the same shock/fun value. Certainly Helms running around, shouting "whats going on!!" all the time took some of the gloss off things for me, and Bradley Cooper looked out of sorts, like he just didn't want to be there. The story managed to hang together, but seeing things in flash backs was the most fun imo. The acting overall is okay, Paul Giamatti (Lady In The Water) popping up for a small cameo role was the acting highlight.

In conclusion, more of the same shock comedy that fails to consistently hit home this time around. The snapshots of the forgotten night's events at the finish were a highlight. Watchable.
on 4 May 2014
I liked the first one, and this is JUST EXACTLY like the first one , scene for scene except set in Thailand.

However Teddy **SPOILER ALERT** the 16 yr old pre med student who is also a cellist loses a finger, and you spend the entire film hoping that he is in fact OK and intact....only to find out that he really did lose a finger and no-one is very sorry.

Is that funny ? Stu's missing tooth was hilarious, because he was a dentist, but this to me is in poor taste. Even when Teddy's own father finally sees him and notices he has an injury to his hand, he doesn't demand to see it or know what happened. The boy was supposed to be a surgeon. The father would at the very least want to see the injury.

They should have castrated one of the Wolfpack instead.
on 20 December 2011
If there was ever a shining example of why NOT to make a sequel... this is it. Its appalling.
First one was funny, this one is just crude and nasty. The characters have totally lost their loveability.
We didn't laugh once throughout the whole film.
Sorely disappointing.
on 10 July 2014
I can not understand all the poor reviews before me...This is the funniest of the trilogy. The first was all right but once ye got over the fact there's a Tiger in the house...Its not all that funny...And the Vegas scene is generally typical and dull...THIS film however, while stylishly repeating the story telling of the first somewhat completely blew my mind with the unbelievable and stupid events that transpired. The addition of a drug monkey, a silent Thai monk, a tattoo and the lack of ones hair was a dramatically genius start to the film. There is more too... So I haven't spoiled much of the famous oddities!