Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.49

on 28 September 2010
This book gives an excellent introduction and follow-up reference to all of the current Sage 50 Accounts programs (I'm using it with Sage 50 Accounts 2010 but it is equally relevant to Accounts Plus/Professional and the new v2011). I had been using the previous edition of the book from 2005 ("Teach Yourself Sage Line 50" by the same author) which I had borrowed from the library, but found myself constantly renewing it so instead bought this updated version.

The descriptions are clear, concise, and easy to understand. Unlike some other books, there are not just endless annotated screenshots, rather, the concepts both of what you are trying to achieve and what implications that has in terms of the double entry bookkeeping system behind the scenes are explained perfectly. Screenshots are used where they add to the descriptions, rather than to simply bulk out the book.

If you are learning Sage, or have used it for a while and want to start doing more with it, I'd thoroughly recommend this book.
on 18 February 2011
I have found this book as easy to read, understand and follow; it is in plain English and is written so cleverly for someone who has hardly used Sage. I followed each step and now actually feel very proficient in this package. I also like the way the accounting termonology is explained and keep this book in my desk at work to refer to all the time. For anyone who needs to start using Sage, but does not have a great knowledge of Sage or Accounting, then this is the book.
on 8 October 2012
I bought this on the basis of 4 very positive customer comments, but feel I have to add my own. The text is OK, and has probably taught me what I needed to know, but there were quite a few inconsistencies in how windows/panes/ panels/ other parts of the screen are described, and quite a few typos. But the the quality of the illustrations is terrible. Some of them are completely illegible, and many of the others I really had to squint at to try and see. Any highlighted text is also illegible, which is often the command/option the author is trying to illustrate. It's something to do with the hatching on the screenshots.
I've had various 'Teach Yourself' books before with lovely quality paper and printing, so I'm not sure what has happened. It's an A5 book, 230 pages ish, so for £10.99 it should be better quality.
on 30 January 2013
Having to learn Sage at home as part of running a small business I opted for this book. I must confess I did read the other reviews regarding the poor quality of the images but I didn't honestly realise how bad they would be.

This is a very easy to read book with good explanations but the resolution of the screen shot images is appalling - even with my glasses on!
on 8 September 2012
This book is a handy accessory to the desktop tutorials as it allows you to read around the subject without being logged in. The text and screen shots are good quality.
A good buy as a reference book for any level of user.
on 18 January 2014
Thank you for writing this book. If I only got a few hints they help me with my daily slog through the world of Sage. Basic information but useful. Diagrams could be a lot bigger - they are very hard to see and cannot be enlarged on Kindle.
on 3 August 2013
very good book a d step by step instructions given and easy to follow, only down thing is the paper is printed and looks a cheap quality. Overall i like this product
on 25 November 2012
This book its helpfull for people who haven't got a clue what is going on in Sage 50 program. Easy written, quick study.
Glad to have it
on 3 June 2010
An easy to read volume with good examples and problem solving techniques, ideal for amateurs
on 20 December 2014
The contents of the book is useful, however you have to have a magnifying glass to be able to read the tables.. It's a bit annoying..