5.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Secret
This is without a doubt the biggest load of jingoistic, sabre rattling American guff I've watched for a long time and I love it. Just don't tell anybody I told you so.
Published 6 months ago by Jaksenpollock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as Starship Troopers...
Battle L.A is an OK film. Someone gave it to me for free so in that sense it was good value. Basically, a group of over-confident twits go charging head-long into battle, get their butts kicked, then spend the rest of the film trying to get away again. The marines make a variety of basic errors. These are - one of them saying "the aliens haven't discovered flying"...
Published on 15 Oct 2011 by Bonemonkey

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Really, really BAD!!!, 27 July 2011
read.a.book (Redcar, Cleveland UK) - See all my reviews
Although this film seemed to be made for the boys, I was hoping for some kind of 'Independence Day' type movie which I loved. So I kicked off my shoes and was comfortably sat on the sofa waiting to be entertained after reading the reasonable reviews on Amazon.

The reality couldn't have been further from what I was expecting.

For starters, the poorly done hand-held camera work really made me dizzy and gave me a headache to the point where it completley put me off even listening to what anyone was saying. The acting was extremely bad and the dialogue was laughable from what I saw. After half an hour or so, I fell asleep it was that boring. My husband informs me that it didn't get any better after that. He said the special effects were good, but also commented that the acting and storyline was poor at best.

So all in all I definitely wouldn't be recommending this film. I would put it in the same catergory as District 9 and Cloverfield which were also very disappointing too.

1.0 out of 5 stars sci fi, 21 May 2011
Yee haw. The Americans are here once again to save the world. No different to the other garbage that was made about Alien invasions......Independance day. Poor acting poor special effects poor acting...Ehm poor acting. Please do not waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pooor Film, 15 Jun 2012
This I Brought Thinkin It Wos The New Battle Los Angles But This Is Poor Actinn Dont Buy Dis It Ent The Newish One
If You Ask Mee The Acting Wos Pooor It Look Fake And IT Was Stupid Noo Story Line Its The Wost Film Ive Every Seen
And Looks Like a Game Graffics But If you Wonna Buy The Really Film Much Betta

1.0 out of 5 stars Like watching paint dry (whilst being shot at), 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Battle: Los Angeles [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Constructed entirely from cliches, I'm afraid. It was like watching someone else's clips from a "first person shoot 'em up" game that they've saved off to relive their 'glory' (or, as it's more commonly known, boor the bejayzus out of their friends). By the time I'd managed the first hour and a half with my teeth gritted (it was a very thoughtful present from my wife so I wanted to watch it), I resorted to fast forwarding in the end just to make the pain stop...

Instantly forgettable nonsense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, Really Really bad, 12 Aug 2011
Well too confirm what most sensible people have said this was one of the worst films I have seen for years, in fact I didn't see the end, couldn't bear it any longer, ejected the disc and threw it away. If the budget for this film was more than $10 k I would have been suprised. Most of it was filmed in a building site and filmed from different angles, the acting was appalling and that marine sergeant was such a stereotype it was laughable, he must have quoted every cliche from the book of mean things a marine sergeant would say. Alien machines had furniture castors for wheels..I could go on, but basically don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars not 4 stars, not 2, 3 for trying hard...., 17 Jun 2011
Jose Juan Garcia (uk) - See all my reviews
ok!!!!... background....

have you watched most alien invasion movies from the last 20 years?

if no, you are going to like this film very much,

if yes(like me) , you are going to feel you seen it all before, the plot is average the acting just ok, and the script..... not good.

the special effects are ok but is mostly you looking at people under fire and explosions, yeah feels a bit like a first person videogame.

It isnt a bad film , just not very engaging, they must have spent a lot of money on it, but visually is not very exciting.

you never feel the terror of skyline ( a bit better movie overall than this ), or much affection for the actors....

is an ok movie but is not a masterpiece, you keep waiting for something amazing to happen but the twists are not very exciting, and it feels a long movie.

pity , i wanted it to be good, but is just ok, 3 stars, no more no less

1.0 out of 5 stars Another central command alien invasion blunder...., 12 July 2011
Have the aliens not watched Independence Day? Oh dear.
Hoorah! for the US Marines. Plenty of cheesey speeches and dialog to go all around. If anybody can see any similarities between this movie and A Black Hawk Down - one must wonder just how far their imagination has been stretched by watching utter trash. You would have to be a die-hard geekoid UFO spotter with no friends but a goldfish called bubbles to get any joy from a film like this. Aaron Eckhart will one day look back on this movie and bow his head in shame. All the other cast will hope nobody holds this film against their careers. One dimensional acting - even if you watch it in 3D. A plot so flimsy it could be summised in little more than two words. Aliens aplenty, a mentally tortured staff sargeant and a platoon of kick-ass marines, armed to the teeth. If you don't mind losing a couple hours of your life then watch it - but I'm sure there are far more interesting things you could be doing like erm ... learning to knit.
Good work marines. Outstanding. Hoorah.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rotten !, 22 May 2011
I was expecting a good action movie with great special effects from this .I knew I was watching a turkey from the start when female jet fighters get scambled to face a giant flying saucer, the boredom crept in immidiately. Think of the worst movie you have ever watched! double it! and thats only halfway to describing this flick, this movie is about as exciting as a ride on a milk float.

1.0 out of 5 stars So American..., 25 Aug 2011
R. Tomas "Laser HD" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Come on, this movie is so predictable and basic!
.."We cannot loose Los Angeles"....AHAHAHAHAH...LOOOOOL

Like the rest of the world is lost and they have the capacity to fight for LA... And why LA?! AHAHAHAHA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Mar 2013
E x c e l l e n t C h e a p Fast d e l I v e r y

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 | Next ›

Battle: Los Angeles [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Battle: Los Angeles [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] by Jonathan Liebesman (Blu-ray - 2011)
7.50