on 12 July 2015
In some places the instruments somehow sound different - even unpleasant as for violins.
on 10 December 2014
Just what I was looking for. Mostly one finds that the Spring or Winter sections are freely available but Autumn and Summer seem to be left out. Here they are presented together and played by the same orchestra.
on 21 January 2014
Highly recommend. Excellent great execution music at it's very best.
I fell in love with classical music at school. I was a second violinist in the school orchestra. I now listen and remember the good days.
on 9 November 2014
What is there to say? Vivaldi's music is so beautiful ( I particularly like 'Winter'), but I don't have the experience or training to compare one version to another. A must for anyone's collection though
on 29 December 2012
If you don't like classical music you should listen to this, it may change your oppinion as it did mine. It looks out of place in my collection but often gets played, relaxing and inspiring.
on 15 June 2013
This has to be the classical masterpiece of all time. It captures the moods of each season to perfection. I have been listening to it for over 40 years and i'm still not tired of it.
on 15 August 2015
A bargain, that I havent heard since the days I bought this on a vinyl record label....great for relaxation or for doing chores around the house, one of Vivaldi's timeless works.
on 11 May 2015
An excellent cd for the money. The performance and recording are first class with all the instruments nice and clear. The London Festival Orchestra have done a fine job.
on 7 January 2014
Let me first say i love the Four Seasons its been part of my music background for a long time. You dont have to be a 'Classical regular to love this BUT i have to say i have learned that not all Interpretations come up to the mark, to me this one lacks the passion and the power demanded by such a wonderful work, mediocre would sum it up.
on 5 May 2013
To be honest I do recommened this album for everybody. I was about 13-14 years old when I first listened to it, and it just remained in my memory.