on 16 July 2012
My son is a budding magician and he just loves every one of these Bicycle Playing card packs. To the uninitiated they just seem like another pack of cards but he says the finish means they glide through his hands as he performs his latest tricks. All his magician friends have them.
It is my son's aim to collect as many as he can.
The Bicycle Vintage "Dragon Back" Deck is a really smart looking pack.
The Court cards have a great look with a toned metallic green which looks- well regal.
Of course the big attraction is the card backs which it is reputed is an old design filed and forgotten for years then rediscovered by a worker at Bicycle.
They liked the design and chose to release it to the public.

This is an attractive and impressive deck for magicians the sheen looks really professional.
Certainly when I use it for tricks it really gets the trick off to a good start if you have a great looking deck like this.
The red dragons give and Oriental air of mystery so to speak.

There is an additional 'Gaff' card.
It's double backed so nothing to write home about but an extra which is always welcome.
The back includes a couple of 'Trade' cards which are always useful if you need to make your own Gaffs.

In actions the cards perform well.
They fan out and are easily manipulated as are all Bicycle brands. The airflow ensures the slide easily.
I used to used 'Bee' brand for many years. Bee are a subsidiary of Bicycle but I must admit I prefer to use Bicycle.

A really smart looking deck that performs well.
The cards are also available in Blue.
on 10 May 2012
There's something about these cards that really give off an aura of magic. I perform mainly in the street at night, around the clubs, so tricks need to be hard hitting, basic, and not too flashy. The secret to these is that, their presentation in the box is not too elaborate, all the magic comes from the moment you pull them out. The dark reds, copper greens and gold accents breathe life into these cards, but the suits are still the same design everyone knows, just with the alteration of added colour to the robes of the court cards. The more I look at them the more they want me to use them, and here was me thinking I was the one casting spells.
on 12 November 2011
These cards are fantastic,they look and feel great.I really like the red pips as they are a dark red and give the deck a classy look.They come with a double backer which is handy for tricks and I've noticed a very subtle one way up marking to the cards.They are probably my favourite cards.
on 13 June 2013
Right out the box these *feel* special, they have a classy kind of finish that is the right side of stylish. The design is casino oriented. They handle superbly, if anything when brand-out-of-box-new they're so slick I found some moves easier to do, and others slightly trickier; hopefully they settle into a middle ground when worn in. They arrived bang on time, and they appear extremely durable.
They come with a gaff card that I immediately put to good use, devising a couple of unusual tricks to use it, both of which worked to great affect. I have rated these higher than the Guardian deck, based purely on the very solid, durable feel of each card.

In summary, worth every penny, especially if you play poker with friends and fancy a 'vegas' deck.
on 12 February 2015
Bought those cards for magic tricks.
I really love them. The stock and finish are amazing. They fan well and feel really nice. People always say they look amazing.
Unexpectedly, while riffling through the deck, I discovered the deck was a one side deck(this is not a marked deck !) (it might be just a factory second, though). It is really subtle and no one can ever tell. It can help in certain magic tricks as well :).
on 31 December 2013
Bought as a gift so I can't comment in detail, but the recipient, a fanatical card player, is delighted with the design and high quality, and would recomment them to anyone interested in playing cards.
on 27 February 2014
This is a great pack of cards I have been practicing magic for a while now but I have only be using waddingtons cards these cards came within only a couple of days and I can honestly say they are great they fan really well and I can do all my tricks and flourishes more smoothley would definatley buy again
on 19 May 2013
Bought these for my boyfriend on a whim because the design on the back is gorgeous. He loved them and I agree with him, they're very nice to use as they're smooth and glide nicely when playing fast paced card games. Definitely a good quality brand.
on 1 May 2013
Bicycle are a well known card company that is dedicated to making magnificent playing cards. If you know who they are you'll buy from them straight away.

If not, well lets say these are the "rolls Royce" of playing cards, the cards are sturdy, smooth and easily mallable to perform card and sleight of hand tricks.

The pattern is a very nice touch and I love how it's detailed.

I gave it 3 stars cause it's a 'pack of cards' if you want a normal pack of cards for games with friends then move on, if you want to learn to be a magician or sleight of hand, these will be for you.

See one answered question