on 15 May 2013
Buttons are easy to operate. Slim design makes it unobtrusive. Easy to set the analogue hands unlike some. A good budget watch with day/date, alarm and time but no light. Date is US format only.
UPDATE: I was resetting the hands at the end of BST and it froze up, I wondered if the battery had gone so I took took the back off and there is a plastic "carrier" around the mechanism with little tabs that transfer the button push to the mechanism's contact switches. The battery was OK but I had a VERY fiddly time with an eyepiece getting the plastic carrier back in between the buttons and the contact switches. The watch started working again, I think the hand set button had stuck as they often do in digi-watches so I lubricated it with some WD40 on the end of a needle. I then had a very long four letter word session trying to get the straps back on. Locating the little spring loaded bars into the holes in the case is extremely difficult because of the curved contour of the strap. I definitely put more personal time into the repair than the watch is worth but I hate to throw things out.
on 13 August 2012
I love this watch.
I was looking for cheap light watch.
This fits it perfectly.
It's comfortable to wear and tells time ;-D and that's pretty much I expect from a watch.
Extra feature is a digital display which shows either: time, date, stopwatch and dual time function. This allows to set any time you like.
I find dual time function very useful as my work involves dealing with countries from different time zone. So I have their time handy all the time.
on 15 November 2015
Used watch as an every day watch for about 6 months and its been very good. The watch has lots of useful features such as an alarm, dual time, stopwatch etc, which often come in handy and it is also relatively easy to setup. The build quality seems good, I keep the watch on when in the shower, and have used it whilst mountain biking and kayaking in bad weather and it hasn't shown any signs of water ingress. The adjustable strap makes it easy to get a secure fit, so its ideal if you are using it whilst doing sports. It has had a bit of abuse and has stood up well with no signs of the strap or materials breaking. The face is only plastic and does scratch easier than glass, but after 6 months of use and a fair bit of abuse there are no major scratches to the face. It is also quite a good looking watch, and whilst I have another watch which I use for more formal occasions, I don't think this would look too much out of place.
Slight gripes are: date is in US format MM DD rather than the preferred UK DD MM format and cannot be changed. The arms have a luminous coating on but it doesn't work too well and it is near impossible to read the watch in low light, for which I knocked off a star. If Casio made it with a built in light and the option to change the date format I think this would be a winner and would be worth a slight price increase.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2015
There are a few designs of this watch and they are great, I use watches like these for work and when I wouldn't mind them getting damaged.
On the plus side the face is great, good and clear to read, in any of the designs really.
Only cons. For me, are, the strap is a little annoying, it had a bulge on the end to keep it in the latching sleeve, but it sticks out a bit and tends to get caught on clothing etc and gets pulled, I find I am constantly adjusting the sleeve, retainer to try to keep the strap snug. Also a couple of times the mode adjust buttons must have got pressed as I find the date reading 1 1 sun...! Hence 3 stars, but it's less than £20 so great for purpose.
on 19 September 2015
I bought it for my boyfriend to replace his old school Casio and he loved it! Looks good, quick delivery. Only thing missing it's the light! But who cares!
review image
on 9 November 2015
Great watch! Has dual time (chronograph) an alarm and is waterproof.....all for under £20! I have tried replacing batteries when they run out (3-5 years) but they never seem to start again....so I buy exactly the same watch...again!
on 30 June 2015
The quality and look was great but I found the logos showing whether the alarm etc were active were so small I couldn't really see them. Due to this I returned it but the shock was it cost £6.01 to return it which seems to be excessive for a very small item.
on 4 July 2015
I bought this to replace a Casio Illuminator (with a white face that glowed brightly when the Illuminator button was pressed - very useful in the dark) that I'd had for many years and loved, but sadly Casio no longer make.
It's a nice enough watch, and very reasonably priced, but Casio has made the retrograde step of dropping the illumination of the well-designed Illuminator (the only down-side of that model was that the straps went stiff and eventually brittle, so had to be replaced every couple of years) and most of their other watches now are remarkably ugly. In other respects it's similar, but there's one annoying feature - when resetting the hands between time zones, the button, which as on the Illuminator only moves the hands forwards, unlike the Illuminator when held doesn't move to a faster speed, so resetting to an hour earlier is a slow process of going forward round 11 hours.
on 10 April 2013
Brilliant watch. I was looking for something smart and discreet to wear as an everyday watch under my sleeve. It does the job (all I wanted was the time and date) but still looks good and I know its reliable because it Casio. The only thing I was worried about before I received it was the wrist band size because my wrists are pretty large and that wasn't a problem; I still have an extra four holes on the band. Only downside is that it doesnt have a light. Overall I'm very pleased.
on 15 July 2014
I've had Casios for years, but this has one problem that means it cannot be recommended - the loop to hold the strap is rectangular and chafes against your wrist. I've had to wear it very loose and get used to it - very slowly. The other issue is more obvious, the buttons on the left would be ideal for left-handed people - but it's OK. Apart from that, the normal good timekeeping, stop-watch, date and dual time are all good.