5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it.
The book starts off with the apparent suicide of a Priest after leaping off a building. One of the Priests from the local Parish, Father Garrity decides to take on at least one of the late Priests duties and that was to visit and provide counselling and repentance to a convicted serial killer, waiting on death row.

After reading the Exorcist I decided to read...
Published 10 months ago by Gary Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story line
Usual good over evil, but with a bit of a twist. The thing that let it down for me, was the endless (and I mean pages) conversations between some of the main characters, regaling how bad today's world is yawn.....
Apart from that, which I skipped through, I enjoyed the plot, and, as somebody has already stated, quite a rushed ending.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs Kindle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it., 13 July 2014
Gary Anderson (Sunderland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banished: A Demon, an Exorcist and A Battle of Faith (Kindle Edition)

After reading the Exorcist I decided to read something similar and this popped up on Amazon so I thought I'd give it a read. I loved it. I love how the main two characters, Father Garrity and the Demon develop over the course of the novel. I loved, if that's the right word to use here, the feeling or sensation that society was crumbling, not just in this local area of Chicago but on a much wider scale. And I loved the little twist at the end, which I must admit, I was so engrossed in the novel, I didn't see it coming.

This was the first book I read by the author. If you enjoy it you might want to give True Haunting a whirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exhilarating, Eye Opening and Exciting!, 19 Feb. 2014
Trying not to sound too cliche, but, this book was amazing. It was a true page turner and left me yearning for more! Being of Roman Catholic nomination, Beckers perspective adds depth to this book. Creepy, horrifying, with the added element of dry (and even, dark) humour, a definite recommendation!

The character descriptions and overall portrayal of interpersonal relationships and various dynamics are written in a truly entertaining , yet enlightening style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banished: A Demon, an Exorcist and A Battle of Faith........, 16 July 2013
Although I am not a religious person, I really enjoyed this book. It could easily be seen as one of those "Based on a true story" very easy to believe something like this actually did happen?!! Gripping story that I looked forward to reading before I went to sleep & couldn't wait to get back to it the following evening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read and very thought provoking, 15 Mar. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book , as a Catholic with certain views on the politics of our church , I found this book fascinating . It addressed so many questions of faith and the world we live in while also telling an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable read !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 22 Nov. 2014
DarkAngel 1892 (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
What could have been a very silly book turned out to be a very well written piece. Nicely rounded characters, all who were believable with a plot that breezed along.

A fine novel which would encourage me to seek out other work by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb read, 4 Sept. 2013
Without doubt one of the best books I have read of this genre. You cannot put this book down from the minute you pick it up. Very well written, intelligent and knowledgeable with great characters and emotions. Cannot recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banished: A Demon Story., 22 July 2013
What a story it is! Once started I could not put the book down. The confrontations between the priests and the demon Furfur was both fascinating and unsettling, it creeped me out more than once. A well recommended book and a very promising author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 20 Feb. 2014
I could not stop reading this book.I went through many emotions and gained valuable insight.Edwin F. Becker is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors.Absolutely without a doubt a fantastic knowledgeable piece of literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Dec. 2013
Found this book by accident and I'm glad I did! Fantastic story that I had to keep reading. Very believable characters and a storyline that keeps you hooked until the end! Will definitely be reading more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab read, 14 Nov. 2012
This book was really quite good if you are in to demons, paranormal etc. I think the only thing that let it down was the end it was a big build up for something that was over very quick.But still a good book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›