on 22 October 2011
I found this the perfect item for my setup (4 inputs: WD TV, PS3, XBOX360 and Digital TV Box, connected to a LCD and projector through 10 meter HDMI cable). The only small complaint you can have is with the audio, as you can never be certain which audio outupt is selected on output A(digital versus stereo) and you just have to press the audio button on the remote until you get the right one - don't ever lose the remote).

Anyway, since I have an old model xbox and no HDMI input in my amp, this is the only way I can get the 5.1 digital sound from the xbox, and it does the job perfectly - I just manage all my sound input from the 4 sources with a single optical cable from this device to my amp.

There isn't any significant imagem degrading through the 10 meter HDMI cable to the projector, at least any that I can tell.

I consider it very good value for money, and would definitely recommend it to anyone connecting several different HDMI sources to 2 different outputs.

Possible con (not significant for me) - connecting HDMI cables on the back and both sides of the device, instead of only in the back like some other models
on 8 August 2012
I wanted a device that gave me an HDMI connection to both my Plasma TV and my Projector so that I didn't have to keep switching cables about. This little device, with it's two output ports, does just that. I have my Blu-Ray player/surround sound system plus my Cable box connected via two input ports.It has 4 input ports so I could connect two further devices to it if I wanted to. It comes with a nice neat little remote control so that you can select the required input/output from the comfort of your arm chair. It's great to be able to watch the TV live on the big screen then switch to your DVD player and watch a DVD movie in excellent quality. There is no loss of quality whatsoever and I have my projector connected with a 10 mtr HDMI cable. The splitter is quite small and neat. It is also of very strong construction with the outer case being made of steel. The two outputs are labelled as output A and Output B. The inputs are marked 1 to 4. The little remote has two Columns. They are labelled A & B with buttons 1 to 4 under each column. The device has it's own optical audio outlet and a 3.5 mm Jack Audio outlet.
I'm very pleased I purchased this splitter. Delivery was lightning fast and it certainly does the job it is designed for.
on 4 July 2012
I bought a projector and occassionally hook up my HD recorder or ps3 to it but got fed up of swapping all those hdmi cables so I looked around and saw this. Not only does it allow me to watch either the ps3 or HD box on the projector, but I can also watch either one on the TV!

So that means no more tv arguments as I can play my ps3 on the projector while the missus watches the HD box via the Tv!

Now the bad bits:
The connectors are not situated on one side but from 3 of the sides! That means we have cables coming from either end and the back, but we have the box hidden round the back of the boxes slightly out of sight so this doesn't affect us.

Audio is a little low. I tried connecting the phono audio out and found the volume to be low. I have not tried the spdif but we did find it was a little puzzling on what audio will be outputted! Gladly we don't use this feature but if people do then this might be worth noting.

Overall, we found this product fitted our needs very well and can only award it top stars due to the fact there doesn't seem a similar product close to this price range!
on 10 March 2012
This was the perfect link for my media center setup.

Not only it allowed me to have all my devices connected via HDMI it also allowed to have the best sound quality from them.

I have a LED Monitor and a LCD TV, each one with only one HDMI input and a 5.1 Home Cinema with a TOSLink input.

Before I bought this matrix, I had my PC connected via VGA to the TV and via HDMI to the monitor. My IPTV(meo) Digital Box was connected to the TV via the only HDMI port available and finally both my Home Cinema via Scart.
This setup had too much cables and didn't provided the best video / audio quality.

This 4x2 matrix now provides the best quality with less cables. Definitely a recommended product!
The IR receiver is built-in the matrix and not external like some splitters out there. That may present a problem if you want the device to be hidden like me. However rest assured, because the receiver has a very good range - my device is behind a desk and catches the signal from the remote without any problems.

This little metal cased device needs a 5 Volt AC adapter (bundled, UK plug - if you live on mainland Europe make sure to get an adapter) to work however it consumes very little power. But if you are a hard energy saver there is a power switch that turns off the matrix.

In conclusion, I'm very satisfied. Definitely a recommended product!
on 23 January 2013
An earlier reviewer experienced the same problem I have.
When I use the navigate-right button on my Humax Foxsat HDR (freesat) remote control, the splitter's input source changes, so it's completely useless when trying to navigate through the EPG.

Otherwise I'm happy with it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 November 2012
I bought this to have a switch for hdmi and toslink. 2 screens, the ability to put whatever video input I wish on either screen, switch them from one screen to another, mirror the same image, and pick either TV's audio I wish for the toslink/headphone output.

This switch does half of that. You can pretty much do whatever you desire with the video. But the audio is not switchable in the same way. The toslink and headphones are only ever going to output the TV A audio. You cannot switch the audio to output device B, at all. This is a real pain, and the description was misleading to me, I understood you could only output one device at a time as there is only one audio output port, but I did not understand that it meant you can only ever TV A's audio. It's no different than just plugging the toslink into the TV's toslink port.

This is a real pain, as audio switching was the primary reason for getting this. Having the ability to output whichever screens' audio to the surroundsound or headphones, saving having to manually go behind the devices and switch loslink and headphone jacks around.

I'm really quite dissapointed, it's a great device, it's so close to doing what I wanted, I love being able to put Sky on one screen, and xbmc on another, then switch them to the opposite screens with a couple of buttons. I love being able to mirror video to both screens, and take 3d signal and put it out on the 3d device, but always being limited to having the TV A's audio outputted to headphones and surround is a real pain.

2 other issues I've found: despite the manual saying the device will autoswitch no signal video, it does not. Also when changing what is output on TV B while keeping TV A the same, there will be loss of signal on both TVs for a few moments.

For the money I paid, I am regretting this purchase, and as I ordered it for a gift, am now a few days over the return window. Absolutely gutted.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 October 2011
Ok, a lot of info in other reviews, but the killer feature for me,
Was this little box also removed some cables from my setup!

It has an onboard audio HDMI to optical converter of of sorts.

I have three sources (sky, blu ray and apple tv) and two outputs, plasma and projector.

HDMI cables run from the sources to this box, and then two HDMI cables each run to the proj and plasma. I have a single optical audio cable from this box to my amp. No optical cables from sources to amp required.

Otherwise, remote is small and friendly, picture quality is very good if not perfect, audio is perfect, changing between sources takes about three seconds.

All in all, wish i had bought it, even before i had two display methods!!!
on 15 November 2013
Overall I'm happy with it, was a breeze to set up in minutes and is a lot smaller than it looks in the pictures, so hides nice and easily behind the TV.

Finally I can get 5.1 Dolby Surround sound from my HDMI devices (mainly SKY HD) to my SONOS Playbar using the optical out. The only issue is that now when I power off the TV, the Soundbar no longer mutes and is constantly taking a feed from the device. Previously turning the TV off would mute the Playbar at the same time. I can't turn the Sky box off as it also feeds another room.
I could get round this using my Harmony all in one remote BUT the supplied remote control does not have an on off switch so no way of programming it. The only way to switch the matrix off is the psychical button on the unit but in my case thats not accessible as its a high wall mount.

Such a shame as otherwise would have given it it an easy 5 stars.

EDIT - To be fair have since found out that Sky boxes basically have HDMI always powered on so given it an extra star as not it's fault and does its job really well. If they added a power button on the remote it would be a 5
on 1 August 2014
this box does exactly what is says on the tin.

the audio out does not perform too well, it cuts out for a second randomly every 5 mins or so which made it unusable which others have commented on. it also only outputs the audio currently routed to output A. this didnt matter to me as i feed the optical through my home cinema bluray player and initially when i used it i set up the projector on output A.

this did not matter to me as i do not use it and i was aware of this when i bought it and didnt care as i use this box to split videos between a tv and projector.

its not a good point that some of the inputs/outputs are on the sides of the box, keeps the box form factor small but makes it look awful had to hide it in the back of the unit.

i have virgin, bluray player, and xbox 360 all wired in with a free port to spare for my xbox one when it arrives.

would definately recommend this but if your hoping to use the audio optical port be aware that it does cut out audio which is a pity
, and also only outputs whatever output A is on.
on 9 May 2011
I wanted a splitter to send HMDI to my TV and to my Optoma 3D XL box to show 3D on my Optima HD 600X projector. I needed 3 inputs at least and with this having 4 inputs I can now also connect my PC if I want to do so at a later date.
It carries the 3D signal fine, a previous 3 in and 2 out box would work for 2D OK but not pass 3D. Its working through a 10 metre HDMI cable from the 3D XL to the projector without any problems.
I can definately recommend this product.