Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 3 March 2012
For 99p this is great little reference.

A it's certainly MORE than just a timeline.

I expect some scholars will sneer at it for lack of depth, but I think it's very handy.
on 4 January 2013
I found a few errors but it is fascinating to be able to examine in one go a lot of history. It is always surprising how long ago some things happened and how slow some other t
on 16 December 2011
Purchased because at 99p you can afford some folly. Fortunately I was rewarded as it gives a very extensive timeline from -literally- the big bang all the way up to 2007.
Far, far more detailed after entering the AD|CE period, which is a shame as I bought it for a timeline of BCE era empires. Probably a fantastic reference volume for high schoolers with an eReader, and at 99p a bargain at that.

Avoids 5 stars purely for the fact that only 14% of the book covers all of BCE era history.
on 17 April 2013
Both this timeline and the timeline of British History are complementary and extremely useful references to have in compact Kindle form . If you enjoy keeping abreast of historical events then you will find these invaluable .
on 29 May 2013
This is one of those 'fill five minutes' books and a great read to prior to dropping off to sleep at night. Who knows, maybe some of the interesting facts will stay in my head. really enjoyed scrolling through this book.
on 22 February 2013
The detail is a devil in this attempt at making a precis of world history. It lacks enthusiasm and punch. It is dry, boring and uninteresting. It may be the authors were conceptualizing a dictionary type book which you could dip into, but even dictionaries are more interesting! Two ideas come to mind to change the book into something more acceptable. The first is to make come live a few of the characters listed and the second is to explain, in simple terms, why any listed fact was important to humanity.
on 12 December 2013
In my opinion this is a gem of a book and most unusual. It is great to be able to look up events of the past and to learn of
their position in history.
on 12 May 2013
I have read the parts of this book I am most interested in it seems to have some very reliable information however it has no pictures of the events it is showing however I would still recommend it as its only 99p
on 8 November 2012
This looked like a good buy, so I looked at the preview. Unfortunately this claimed that the battles of Thermopylae and Salamis took place in 486 b.c. (in fact 480 b.c.) and that the "Acropolis" was completed in 429 b.c. (surely, the Parthenon). These things have put me off.
on 28 March 2016
I have found two errors in history which I am familiar with, so do not feel I can trust the rest of it.

Samuel in the Old Testament was not a king. He was a prophet and the last of the Judges. He was a KING-MAKER.

St Paul did not "revoke" his Roman citizenship, but rather used it to claim his right to a proper trial. Should it read "invoke"?