on 11 March 1999
So often, patients have no idea why they have brought a certain illness into their lives. Heal Your Body A-Z is a small, easy to use reference book which explains our physical illnesses in a brand new spiritual or metaphysical light.
Each entry shows a problem, its probable mental or psychological cause, and a helpful affirmation for correction. We can then reflect or meditate in the suggested direction and eventually change our thought patterns or heal our faulty beliefs.
The book covers many specific symptoms (like anxiety, constipation, overweight, fainting); some illnesses (like AIDS, lupus, diabetes, cataracts, ulcers, arthritis); and parts of the body (like face, lower back, joints, wrists, and sinuses). Some of the more modern illnesses like fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are missing -- but their components are there, i.e. fatigue, pain, skin rashes or appetite problems.
Louise Hay touches us with her true story about overcoming cancer, concisely discusses how we manifest illness, and gives us a truly wonderful meditation exercise for overall healing.
Excellent "hint book" for solving those incredibly difficult personal health mysteries.
0Comment|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2001
Combined with common sense and ease of understanding this book is for anyone who believes that through dis-comfort and dis-ease the body talks and shows us where both spiritually and physically we are lacking in self love.It lists many ailments and gives the cause of the discomfort, offering an affirmation to help heal and add to the recovery process. In my opinion no surgery should be without a copy .
on 23 July 2009
Absolutely indispensable if you're a therapist who deals with people's physical problems. Louise believes that every physical problem has a mental cause and gives us the probable thoughts that could lead to such a problem along with affirmations to help us change those thoughts.

A great book. I use it all the time in my Reiki practise and with my coaching and EFT too. A very valuable addition to any healers bookshelf.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 April 2015
I am a great fan of Louise Hay and her books. I have many. This little book describes the possible mental reasons for some illness and the change in thoughts that we should undertake in order to get better. Be aware, this is not a medical book. Louise Hay does not diagnose, rather, she gives an example of our current way of thinking that could be the reason for so and so illness. It is mind over body. Do not buy if you are after a medical book or if you do not believe that our pattern of thoughts affect our daily life.
My only criticism is that it can be confusing at times. Some illness like alopecia/hair loss was not mentioned, which I found it strange, as this is quite a common ailment and at other times, the probable causes are written a cryptic style.
In any case, a good little book to have handy, especially to help others understanding their illnesses, but proceed with caution, not everyone would accept the simplicity of it.
on 26 June 2013
This book has lots of great information about the mental thoughts that can cause physical illness, as I read through this book its easy to use with clear well laid out info, the ailments are listed alphabetically. It does cover alot of common and more usual illnesses and it explains the mental thoughts that lay beneath the causes of these illnesses. It gives you new positive thought patterns to help you along your way to help you to move away from the negatives thought that intially caused the physical illness. Very uplifting little book. It's made me realise that if you think positive thoughts about yourself, you will physically feel better too.
on 7 April 2013
I brought this book because I do believe we create our own illnesses and we can heal ourselves. I was interested in looking deeper into the reasons for illness and why it's been so difficult to ease pain and disease. Although this book is short, it does look at each disease and looks closely at the reasons behind it. The affirmations are very useful and extremely important. A good book for all who want to heal themselves.
on 25 June 2016
Having studied under a new age teacher in the nineties I fell into this book in particular because it presents a better view of pathology than the not very whole physicalist view. I don't think if its a normal book then probably all of her intuitions about the causes of conditions are entirely accurate - how could they be, there's no such thing as a perfect book that makes so many unjustifiable claims (at least in scientific terms). Moreover I don't view her method of using positive affirmations to particularly work for most even, so people just have to try and tackle it the way they see best. Its so the right answer that it even chimes with old views of pathology but takes them forward in a modern way that has to be eventually recognised by everybody.
on 9 November 2006
I used the recommendations in this book when I was ill and it worked for me...worth a go for anybody!
on 18 October 2013
The content is interesting but it doesn't translate to Kindle - almost impossible to find what you are looking for in the A-Z on an e reader. You need to purchase this as a paper book to be able to read it and use it regularly.
on 18 August 2014
Loved this book. Louise Hay is so easy to read, and what she says makes so much sense.
I'd definitely recommend this book, however I do wish I had bought this in paperback rather than on Kindle, as it would be easy to flick through to check each ailment as they appeared (not so easy on a kindle application as there is no easy a - z route from the start of the book to go straight to the section you may need.
The book itself, however, fantastic!