5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Lettersaurus
I am aware that Leapfrog market this toy for 12-36 month old children but my 6 month old daughter loves it! I really like the three different modes, when you press each button along Lettersaurus's spine, mode 1 - a different nursery rhyme is played, mode 2 - letters, mode 3 - colours! You can adjust the volume to medium or high and when you press the button on...
Published 21 months ago by Baby Bloomer 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally very good but with one major issue!
Overall we love this as it has a lot of settings for songs, the alphabet and colours, volume settings and it seems well made and child safe.

Only issue is X, which when I went to school is not for Exit!
Published 6 months ago by frazer

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars X for EXIT !!!, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I can't understand how they could make such a mistake to put Exit for the letter X so I e-mailed them and this is the response they gave....
Hi,

Thanks for your recent correspondence!

Your concern has been reviewed by both our Marketing and the Educational Advisory Teams. All our products are vetted by United Kingdom educational experts to ensure the highest quality and customer satisfaction.

They have informed me that we use the most common words to illustrate the pronunciation of the letter. This is regardless of the location, we also make sure that the audios do not state that the word ?starts or begins? with a particular letter.

While there are some words that start with the NAME of the letter (x-ray) and there are words that start with a less common sound for x (xylophone), there are no words that start with the most common SOUND for X (ks). This is why Lettersaurus uses a word with the X sound in the middle.

We hope this alleviates your concerns surrounding the content of this particular toy,

Regards

Leapfrog

1.0 out of 5 stars This lettersaurus can't spell!, 10 Jan 2014
Simon Gymer "Shark" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
My nearly 2 year old son got given this as a gift at Christmas. The toy itself is quite nice, very solid and he quite enjoys it. When you press each letter it spells a word beginning with that letter. Unfortunately for some reason the letter X spells the word "exit". The people that programmed this toy should be shot. What is wrong with x-ray or one of the other many words that actually start with the letter x?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lettersaurus no dinosaur..., 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
Great toy that has simple functions but with more complex options as the baby grows and develops. Attractive colours, good shape, interesting sounds and lots of different features - I would recommend this as a first birthday present as it will continue to be enjoyed for years afterwards.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit dull...and x is not for exit!, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
My little boy was desperate for ths so got for Christmas, he has played with a few times for a few mins. Too dull, does too little, not inspiring and the x is for exit is just plain annoying. Wish I hadn't bothered, if you lose instructions and need to set initial letter think you turn off, hold down m and n (or l ad m!) and turn on to enter parent mode...spent ages looking oline...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for those alphabet preperations!, 18 Nov 2012
Composerman - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I must admit, i'm not always a huge fan of toys which require batteries to operate, and thus remove the need for an imagination, but I have to say that for this semi-educational toy, I can see the benefits!

I like the features available on the lettersaurus (more importantly, so does our child!) and the fact that you can adjust the volume - THANK YOU for this crucial addition! The fact that our child still has this toy at the top of the toy box is testament to it's appeal and longevity!

In summary:

Positives:
+ Volume control
+ Only 1 battery required
+ Plenty of options

Negatives:
None that spring to mind

Overall, this is a good starting point on the alphabet journey, and I award the lettersaurus 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
Great product, great delivery, very good

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I bought the product like everyone else in faith that it would provide a fun but learning experience for my daughter...much to my amusement initially then disappointment and irritation the choice of words became more and more ridiculous as I went through them. Namely "x" as already described being the most appalling. I contacted the company who said there's nowhere it says that all words start or end with the letter on the button. Cop-out. I replied suggesting if they were pitching a toy as an educational tool, they should design it to support basic phonics and spelling. Definitely not something I will use or recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Present so I don't know

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant toy thank you, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
Fast delivery, brilliant toy thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning toy, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
Tis is a lovely toy for the money. It does the alphabet, colours and nursery rhymes. My granddaughter loves it and it will last her for another two years as she is only fourteen months old. Recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›