5.0 out of 5 stars R review, H Helpful :)
I wanted this product a long time and I would have paid full retail for it but it came on a lightning deal for £4/5 which is amazing value, this is a Christmas present for our twins so it's not been put through its paces yet but we quickly demonstrated it to them to see there reaction for this review and they were overjoyed with the animal noises and nursery rhymes...
Published 3 months ago by christina love

3.0 out of 5 stars X for EXIT !!!
I can't understand how they could make such a mistake to put Exit for the letter X so I e-mailed them and this is the response they gave....
Hi,

Thanks for your recent correspondence!

Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by Dani1980

5.0 out of 5 stars R review, H Helpful :), 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)

1st impressions is its well made strong and sturdy, 2 kinds of plastic a smooth purple on top then the soft rough plastic on the bottom in green and purple base. The letters are coloured red, yellow, green and blue but it seems to be that pattern from A to L but M should be red and is yellow ( as in picture advertised ).

The dinosaurs head swivels 180* and locks in when pushed all the way left or right also has a blue button on head which sings the alphabet song and lights up red when speaking or singing.

There are 3 modes, you change the mode by moving a little orange dragonfly left (music mode, letter mode, colour mode) and right ..
Music mode which plays nursery rhymes if you click on any letter and 1 song each letter so no repeats ! :)
Letter mode which clicking a letter will pronounce that letter a sound and word affiliated with that letter.
Colour mode which pronounces the colour of the button clicked.

It's got some shapes with patterns up and down the back. Next to the mode selector is a switch for off, quiet and loud.

Requires x2 AA batteries (included) but does state for store use only and should be replaced.

Sound quality is superb and the animal noises were authentic.

Overall I can see a lot of educational use from this toy but it's generally just a fun toy, not the brightest of toys but has many uses to keep a baby entertained also the ability to have this toy associate the letter to your babys first letter of there name, how you do this I do not know as I have not taken it out of box but once opened and I have read how to do it I will update this review. Also in British voices so Z is pronounced as Z and not Zzzz.

Hope this review helps, happy purchasing and thanks for reading.

UPDATE

I forgot to mention as many others have about X to be honest I'm tired of hearing xray and xylophone I wouldn't exactly say is interesting either, exit made me and my partner giggle as much as it's wrong, I have no problem with it my children are gonna learn from so many sources that I doubt they will even notice and if they did it wouldn't be a hard thing to remedy. I see how it could be a problem for some parents but my personal opinion is I'm not bothered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Lettersaurus, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I am aware that Leapfrog market this toy for 12-36 month old children but my 6 month old daughter loves it! I really like the three different modes, when you press each button along Lettersaurus's spine, mode 1 - a different nursery rhyme is played, mode 2 - letters, mode 3 - colours! You can adjust the volume to medium or high and when you press the button on Lettersaurus's head it flashes and plays the alphabet song. I think that my daughter will get a lot more out of it when she is older and is learning the alphabet, colours and words but even now she loves it. I am aware that you can personalise the Lettersaurus so that when your child presses the letter corresponding to the first letter of their name Lettersaurus does some special, but I haven't got around to doing that yet. I would wholeheartedly recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our son love it!, 7 Sept. 2011
Just_Lily (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
This is really a good buy. Keep my baby boy busy, he just sit on the sofa and keep pressing the buttons for different songs. I'm not sure how many different songs but I think it's more than 3 and the most important thing is keep my son happy. Two thumbs up for LeapFrog! and Thanks to Amazon for the speedy delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this toy!, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I bought this upon seeing the reviews of other parents and I absolutely love it. There are many melodies and it keeps my baby interested. She also loves the dino for its colors. Would recommend it to any new parent

3.0 out of 5 stars X for EXIT !!!, 22 Jan. 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your recent correspondence!

Your concern has been reviewed by both our Marketing and the Educational Advisory Teams. All our products are vetted by United Kingdom educational experts to ensure the highest quality and customer satisfaction.

They have informed me that we use the most common words to illustrate the pronunciation of the letter. This is regardless of the location, we also make sure that the audios do not state that the word ?starts or begins? with a particular letter.

While there are some words that start with the NAME of the letter (x-ray) and there are words that start with a less common sound for x (xylophone), there are no words that start with the most common SOUND for X (ks). This is why Lettersaurus uses a word with the X sound in the middle.

We hope this alleviates your concerns surrounding the content of this particular toy,

Regards

Leapfrog

3.0 out of 5 stars Good... Whilst it lasted..., 12 Jan. 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
This was a really great toy. My little girl loved playing with it and it was also one of the toys that was not too irritating and had a lot of variation.

However, it now repeats the same thing over and over again, even when the toy hasn't been touched. It has to remain permanently off and can no longer be used as it seems to only want to play one thing. It isn't the batteries - it simply doesn't work any longer - which is a real shame :(

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
my son love it so much .its good quality and i highly recommended .the price is excellent .look no more ..

5.0 out of 5 stars a hit with the boy wonder, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
bought this for my sons first he had many toys but this seems to be his favourite he goes back to it time and time again, its pretty educational and entertaining its brill val for money & arrived pretty quickly

1.0 out of 5 stars lettersaurus, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
I'm not happy at all with this product I don't care if its just sounds or not EXIT begins with an E not an X I got this for my daughters first birthday and I'm not happy I have called leapfrog to complain about this and I was told its just sounds leapfrog are suppose to be the best educational toys out there but X is for EXIT not when I went to school

5.0 out of 5 stars Supersaurus, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
My six month old adores his Lettersauraus. He can just about manage to press the buttons to set off the music by himself. It is great that there are three settings for colours, music and letters for a bit of variety. The voice recording is quite sweet and hasn't got on my nerves yet! The two volume settings are also perfect. It is a robust, colourful toy which has kept him entertained for a good while already. I would recommend this toy.

LeapFrog Lettersaurus