5.0 out of 5 stars Ezio's story continues... in Rome.
Published 23 months ago by Emrah Abdurahman

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old.
As my title says, this is pretty much more of the same. I have owned - and played to completion - both of the other Assassin's Creed games on the 360. While Brotherhood is very good by its own merit, it isn't much of an innovation on the previous games. AC1 was okay, but very repetitive; AC2 refined the experience, cut back on the downfalls of the original, and improved...
Published on 8 Aug. 2011 by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Ezio's story continues... in Rome., 19 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Da Vinci Edition: Includes DLC (PS3) (Video Game)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood continues to follow Ezio Auditore's story and is set in early 16th century Rome. Not a lot has changed from the previous game but it does have a different feel to Assassin's Creed II. Instead of having a number of different locations to explore such as in Assassin's Creed II, there is only one location you can explore which is Rome. Even though it is only one destination, the map is huge with a lot of densely built up areas and surrounding countryside to explore. As you would expect from an Assassin's Creed game this one is cram packed with a lot of beautiful historical fact for its time. Certain areas of Rome have been stunningly realised in the game such as the famous Coliseum.

The story continues where the last game left off in the Vault beneath the Vatican. I'll try to sum up the plot of Brotherhood without having any major spoilers. Ezio journeys to Rome in pursuit of the Apple of Eden which is in the hands of the Borgia. The story is divided into 10 main memory sequences which can feel a bit on the short side. However, there is a wealth of side memories to indulge in which will give you a good 30-40 hours of gameplay. I was impressed with the sheer amount of side missions and challenges to do in this game. They ranged from the usual Assassination Contracts, killing Borgia captains and blowing their towers down in order to gain control of each different area of Rome, as well as something that is similar to rebuilding Monteriggioni in AC II which is rebuilding Rome. Rebuilding Rome includes renovating places like doctors, blacksmiths, art merchants, horse stables, as well as landmarks. Much of the same mechanics from AC II have been incorporated into this game such as the money chest deposits which are accessible through banks located throughout Rome. There is a lot here to keep you entertained for countless hours on end and it is a very good game, maybe not as good as Assassin's Creed II but really good in the series.

I purchased the Da Vinci edition of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which I am glad I did because it comes with all the extra content. I made a mistake with Assassin's Creed II where I bought the standalone game which had none of the additional content so I was forced to waste more money in order to purchase an edition (GotY edition) to be able to experience the additional sequences and Templar secret locations. The Da Vinci edition comes with the main game itself (there would trouble if it didn't xD) and it also comes with a wealth of additional DLC. There is a full single player mission called The Da Vinci Disappearance in which Ezio's best friend Leonardo Da Vinci goes missing and you have to uncover the mystery surrounding his disappearance. There are also Christina missions which I am not entirely sure if they come with the stand alone game, but the Christina missions shed a light on Ezio's relationship with Christina Vespucci. Also featured are the Copernicus missions which are particularly interesting as well as two more missions; The Aqueducts and The Trajan Market. There are many more additional missions and features but I can be here all days so it is best if you discover them for yourself. I will mention however one new weapon that I am particularly fond of which is the Crossbow. It's a silent and deadly weapon which I found myself abusing as it provided an easy way to dispatch enemies on rooftops at a distance. The game also introduces something introduces a new management system where after you destroy a Borgia tower (there are 13 in total) you can recruit assassins to fight for your cause. After you have recruited at a least one assassin you can send them off on missions and if their missions were carried out successfully, they will receive experience points and level up as well gain new skills and weapons. Training your assassins through their ranks will give Ezio a very special ability which can be summoned on other enemies. With your assassin recruits Ezio can summon them to aid him in battle with various enemies. Training your assassin to the highest level (known funnily enough as "Assassino" you conduct a very special ceremony for them back at your hideout. This all adds a nice touch to the game as a whole.

Something new which has been introduced to the game and the series is the multiplayer aspect which has a range of unique and interesting characters to play as. There are a number of maps to play around in as well as many modes which adds to the variety. The replayability of the multiplayer side of the game is exceptionally good since you earn XP for all the kills you make (depending on the way you carry out the killing on your target) and you can level up and gain new abilities. I have dabbled in the multiplayer side of the game and must say that I got used to it surprisingly quickly since I am not a huge fan of multiplayer. It has been fun so far and I will play it every now and then since it is fun.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is much the same as Assassin's Creed II but shorter. It is still a nice and spectacular game which advances the story of the series well with a wealth of enjoyable main and side memories to complete. The 100% sync system is still part of the game which is fine but can be annoying for perfectionists on some memories. This game is essential for any true fan of the Assassin's Creed series so if you haven't played it I suggest you do, that is after you have played AC I and AC II because of the chronological storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS GAME!, 2 Jun. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Sometimes a game comes along that ticks all the boxes! Assassins Creed Brotherhood is one of these, it has everything, the graphics are good the controls are good,
the story is interesting and it makes you look forward to playing it.
I did not like the first assassins creed and nearly did not buy the second, but this one is in my opinion the best, what makes this game good? Well I think it is because there is humour in it and the hero of the game Ezio gets to talk, a lot of games these days have a hero who does not say a word which makes the game boring in my opinion.
The success of games like Uncharted and its hero Nathan Drake I am sure owe much of its popularity to the fact that there is humour and adventure, something that is sadly lacking in a lot of games nowadays!

Buy it you will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After being a little slow on the uptake with the latest installment in the Assassins Creed franchise, I am literally screaming at myself as to why it has taken me so long to get this game. After having it for a week or so, I am running home from work every night to see what Ezio gets up to next. And it is not only the storyline which is fascinating, but the range of possibilities, new weapons, new characters, new moves, new locations. All improved. I was massively impressed by the ability to recruit and train assassins for your cause, this was a welcome addition which I sincerely hope is retained during revelations which I will be preordering soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Creed Brotherhood, 6 Jun. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is just amazing. the story the graphics the gameplay the online play is just all amazing. it has got everything that makes a video game so good. the story makes you wanna keep playing. i like how they made the loading screens when traveling around not take as long as in the first of the games. which i really hated but in this one its not as much of a problem. the DLC is great as it adds a extra bit to the story. the costume are great as it gives you more choice in multiplayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am becoming a bit of a Assassins Creed fan. I am pleased to add this figure to my collection. Great product, packaged well. Th, 20 Jan. 2014
I am becoming a bit of a Assassins Creed fan. I am pleased to add this figure to my collection. Great product, packaged well. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars always go for the full edition, 15 Nov. 2013
X. B. Liu "jerrycatlover" (Nottingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
i only buy full edition game like this. it includes all the DLCs with a very attractive price. I platinumed it already. I had some good fun with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars mint, 11 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Good game with good graphics and good game play.
Good storyline to it too. It would be good to collect the whole game series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 May 2013
I'm a fan of the series and I really liked this game. It was satisfying to a great extend, so I could only give it this score.

I was looking for this edition for quite some time, because it has the whole game, including the DLCs that came out after its release. It the fullest of editions and it's proven its worth to me.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes video games, but if you really want to get the spirit of the series, you'll have to start from the first Assassin's Creed game.

5.0 out of 5 stars YET ANOTHER CRACKING GAME, 25 April 2013
I JUST LOVE THIS GAME,FROM THE START IT HAD ME HOOKED,LOTS OF HUMOUR AND NOT ONLY DO YOU GET MONEY FROM THOSE YOU KILL OR MUG BUT YOU GET LOTS OF OTHER GOODIES LIKE POISON,MEDICINE,BULLETS AND MORE.THE GRAPHICS ARE TOP OF ITS CLASS AND THE STORY IS FIRST RATE. ALL I CAN SAY IS BUY IT TODAY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful game, 14 April 2013
This is just a beautiful game. I prefer Assassin's Creed II but this one is really enjoyable too. I'm from Rome and I can say it is well made. Of course it's much more small than it should be (the monuments are too close from each other), but I really like how the city is made. The story is very good as always and the gameplay too (not the fightings though). 4 stars instead of 5 for the framerate. It's just not good, there's a lot of lags and tearing everywhere.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Da Vinci Edition: Includes DLC (PS3)