4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible with Pros and Cons on the Kindle platform
Don't get me wrong. I Like the ESV (Anglisised because I am a Brit). In fact the ESV is my preferred 'Word for word' translation of the Bible and I use the print version almost every day. But to the Kindle version, on a Kindle, there are Pros and Cons.

Pros.
1) It is FREE. That is amazing and warrants it 5 stars! (American version only, the Anglicised you...
Published 7 months ago by Believing Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars Great text implemented inelegantly
I really like the ESV text so why the 2 stars? Because of issues to do with formatting and navigation. I use Kindle 3 (I do not know if my comments apply to other Kindle models) and here is what I have found:

- It is hard to know which book of the bible you are in. The chapter headings consist of chapter and verse number only (e.g. 5:1) and if you press the...
Published on 18 Jan. 2011 by JC64

‹ Previous | 111 12 13107 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing free gift!, 26 Jun. 2014
I've actually been looking for this Bible and when I realised that it was free I could not believe it. Many thanks. It's a great Bible and so good for serious students of the Bible. Excellent cross-referencing system. I would recommend it to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 31 Jan. 2013
Not very easy to find my way around it, it doesn't read like a conventional bible at all, am finding it very difficult to find a chapter or verse that I need, I don't think I will be forsaking a conventional hold in my hand Bible any time soon

4.0 out of 5 stars HOLY BIBLE ESV, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (without Cross-References) (Kindle Edition)
HOLY BIBLE ESV
iI wanted a copy of The Revised English Bible on my Kindle and this version is the nearest I could find.
Not quite what I wanted but near enough.
Recommend to anyone who wants an easy to read version of The Bible

4.0 out of 5 stars It's very clear and relatively simple language & in church ..., 17 April 2015
It's very clear and relatively simple language & in church if you read a very familiar passage people recognise that it is different and it promotes dicussion. Often differing bibles when viewed together give a clearer picture of the event.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic work of fiction by, well, who knows really., 12 Nov. 2014
Kevin J. Sharpe "giblet" (houston texas) - See all my reviews
Mark is quite a fun read. Interesting to note the discrepancies between the different authors. Written from the third person and not an eyewitness account but is written as an historical account. I'm not sure if that approach really works.

3.0 out of 5 stars ESV Bible, 23 April 2012
This is an easy-to-use bible. As a UK English speaker though, I did find it slightly irritating to find it to be American English. Why are there so few UK English online bibles?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version!, 9 Oct. 2013
I really like this text. Really clear, but not too loose. And sticks to older familiar phrasing, but sharpens up translation where needed.

Also, it finds a reasonably happy balance as far as inclusive language is concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars free book, 14 Mar. 2013
This was downloaded for nothing, so cannot complain. The books that are available for free download are not up to date or best sellers, but there are some good classics and books of interest. Worth looking through for what's on offer !

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest story ever told!, 28 July 2013
What can you say about the Bible? Essential reading for all Christians, Jews, and all others who wish to understand the root of modern civilisation. In a handy and accessible format which is great for reference any time you need it .

5.0 out of 5 stars This is God's breathed Word. It doasn't get better than this.><>, 9 April 2013
This is not one book, it is 66 books written over about 4000 years. The same theme is carried throughout, and details God's relationship and demonstration of His love for mankind dispite our sometimes terrible conduct.><>

‹ Previous | 111 12 13107 | Next ›