5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible
This bible is a great size and colour.

Finally they have begun designing and selling these good looking Bibles. Thank you Amazon.co.uk for supplying these that are from the USA.

The ESV translation is fantastic, accurate clear and easy to read. The maps in this bible are very good and the concordance is brilliant. The print is good and clear - though...
Published on 6 Oct 2009 by NONE

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
I bought this Bible as a replacement for my old one which my dog partly ate :P
The old one was given to me as a present, and it was about the same size as this one. This price of it was much like this one (give or take a few pounds), but I had much more satisfaction from my old one, and this is mostly because of the binding.
My old one was of a nice, soft...
Published 9 months ago by Jamie Lieberkind

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Bible English Standard, 25 July 2012
This Bible was very good value for the money.

Very easy to read and just what we wanted for our 16 year old grandson.

Highly satisfied and would certainly recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bible, 23 July 2012
We're very pleased with this bible. It was slightly larger than I expected, and the cover is a bit cheaper than the equivalent study bible tru-tone edition, but overall it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a graet bible!, 7 May 2012
A lovely, 'rustic-style' bible! I had tried the christian bookshops that I knew for a bible and was disappointed I couldn't find 'anything special'. Then I thought; "AMAZON, of course!" And I found this - with the help of other reviews about it - I love it so much I am thinking of ordering two more copies of it: one in black or my dad,and another burgundy for my brother. Very posh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Sep 2014
Alan Thomas "Mr T's reviews" (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (without Cross-References) (Kindle Edition)
Perfect for my Kindle and fairly easy to navigate at home. Not easy to find the passage, chapter etc. quickly enough in a meeting. But, hey, this is free and very well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressed, 1 Sep 2014
Lovely looking bible, was very happy when this item arrived. Excellent service. Would definitely recommend this item and the price was very good. X

5.0 out of 5 stars ESV "The Bible For Life", 6 Jun 2010
What I like about the Thinline Floral Bible:

1. It comes in a presentation box, with a nice pink flower design on it, which is pretty and pratical i.e. to protect and keep the Bible in good condition over the years. It also has a presentation page in the front - great if you are buying as a gift!

2. The Trutone (high quality imitation leather) is very good, it's bright in colour and intensity, and the floral design is very nice indeed.

3. It has a 9.5 point type, which makes it very readable. It has full colour maps at the back.

4. It has a double column text page, with references horizontally at the bottom, which I prefer - not like other editions where the references are in the centre, going down vertically.

5. It has the words of Christ printed in red, which I like, as when I want to read the words of Jesus, I can easily see them while flicking through the Bible.

6. The pages are silver-gilded, and the Bible has a silver ribbon marker as well. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. It is smyth-sewn, so the binding is top quality.

Furthermore, Crossway Bibles have a website 'esv bible online' where you can look at all the editions of the ESV Bible. They have detailed descriptions i.e. point type size, size (W X D x H) of all Bible editions. Even better, they also have PDF sample pages of each ESV Bible edition so you can check out which type would be best for you. You can also browse the ESV Bible online i.e. type in a word and it will show you passages of the Bible which feature that word. It also has free software, available online as a new ESV Bible owner. Coupled with the many designs available by Crossway, I think the ESV is the one to beat.

Now on to the translation........English Standard Version.

I find the translation very accurate, and much easier to read. Previously I had an old KJV that I had bought from WHSmith many years ago. The KJV is very good, but sometimes the 'thees' and 'thous' and 'giveth' and other Olde-English words can make it a bit hard to read.

What I like about the ESV is that they have made it easier to read/understand than the KJV, but they have also kept the Word as literal as possible, and in many cases still use some of the same words in the KJV. The main improvement is grammar and syntax, but they have also kept it as close to the orginal texts as possible. The Bible also has 12,000 concordences in the back. Overall I think Crossway Bibles have created a quality finished product.

My only gripe? I would have preferred it if the cover was hardback......but other than that I am really chuffed with this Bible and feel very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars the word of God in a easy format, 27 Aug 2014
I have enjoyed reading this version of the bible. It has easy everyday language which makes it an easy to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible, 22 July 2011
This is a beautiful book in every sense. A bible is a bible, but the makers have produced something that would be kept a lifetime and passed on through the generations. It is just the right size to read, unlike those huge, heavy ones found, because the pages are very thin. Because of this, I don't think it's something to be handled by children; it's obvious that it's for adults and as long as it's treated with care and respect it should give pleasure for many years. I wanted a Bible that I would always keep for its beauty as well as for the information within, and that's exactly what I got with this. I'm extremely pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sep 2014
K. C. Smith (Long Eaton, UK) - See all my reviews
A useful modern text Bible - available for free on your Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
Basic bible, has everything a bible would have. No problems.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›