5.0 out of 5 stars nikon L23
Published on 23 Sep 2011 by dougal

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon -not quite so cool pix
I wanted a decent, cheap, pocket sized compact camera that doesn't skimp too much on features/focus/mpixels etc, that I can take to parties and events and not have to worry about too much compared to my Dslr.

Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Ealdwine

5.0 out of 5 stars nikon L23, 23 Sep 2011
excellent little camera and really excellent delivery. The camera was (apart from inserting the batteries) set to go, and I was very impressed with the results (and enlargements). Knowing a bit about 'old fashioned photography' it was nice to see the cameras settings coming on screen automaticaly and there are a lot of options for more advanced picture taking. Only one small niggle and that was the cover over the mini usb connector. With short nails it is not easy. One last thing, make sure you download the camera manual, I was amazed at how much this little camera can do. Well worth the money,
Dougal Mid Wales.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon -not quite so cool pix, 29 Nov 2011

I saw this one, thought the spec for the price was one of the best around, to be honest I've been fairly happy with it but it's not quite as good as I thought it would be and I am sadly a little disappointed.

The biggest disappointment is not picture quality as I wasn't expecting it to be as good as my Fujifilm S4000 although for 10 mega pixels and rave reviews it could be a little better, no the biggest problem is the stupid flash, huge delays between the camera being ready to take the next picture and the fact that it eats batteries :(

I use rechargeables - always have done but whereas they would last absolutely ages in my old fujifilm - they barely last through an evening in this little thing! It's actually so annoying I might disown this little nikon and buy another different make, my friend was using a little compact Panasonic and I was very impressed by the quality of his pictures, just need to ask him how long the batteries last.

Anyway, with the big whinge out the way I'll try and offer a fair over view

It is cheap (but maybe there is a reason for that having bought one) It's very simple to use out of the box, has a very good Zoom and lots of (maybe too many) shooting modes - I tend to just keep it on auto. It takes 2 AA batteries _ liked this cause it means you can always buy them anywhere if you forget your charger or they run out unexpectedly! However it would be great to have an optional in built LION battery too.. (but maybe not for this money) It looks good, not too flashy, nice weight, easy to hold, big clear screen on the back, takes SD cards. It's very hard to accidently turn on with the slightly sunken switch which is good.

In summary - good outdoors in good light

Terrible on batteries and not good images if you want to be taking pictures indoors under artificial light

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera overall for price!, 8 Sep 2011
This review is from: Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Red (10MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7-inch LCD (Electronics)
I had a nice canon camera before this, which I lost in Magaluf (definitely no finding it there!!), and really wanted a new camera for the rest of summer and for freshers week at uni. When I came across this one, I was pleased with the price and the reviews seemed fine so decided to purchase. It did take a while to come, as they were out of stock for a while, but I didn't realise this and thought the company had just taken my money. In fact, when I contacted the seller they were very nice and helpful, and even offered me another colour choice. I'm actually impressed with the quality of pictures from the camera. There's loadssss of different settings which is great, cos I mainly use my camera when I'm in clubs, and theres settings for that. Also, there's portrait settings where the camera softens your skin or automatically takes it when everyone is smiling, which I think is a nice touch and quite clever. I'm really happy with this camera and would recommend it to anyone who is just interested in a relatively simple to use camera which takes pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Red, 20 Aug 2011
This camera was bought for my 9 year old son by his grandparents. It is a wonderful camera, easy to use and looks great. The photos are brilliant and my son is extremely happy with it. I am so impressed I might even get one for myself! I would definitely recommend this camera. After ordering, the camera was delivered within the timescale and I was very happy with the service from the supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great Camera, 31 Jan 2012
The camera itself is a reasonable price and aesthetically pleasing as it comes in a variety of colours. The pictures themselves are of a good reasonable quality but nothing special. Its a great camera for its price and is light weight and easily stored in small bags etc. Its major flaw and let down is the fact it doesn't come with a rechargeable battery pack. AA batteries must be used. While rechargeable AA batteries can be bought the life span of over the counter batteries is not as good as a battery pack and this lets down the product which is the main reason why it didn't get 5 stars. Other than that its great value for money and if price is your major concern you can be comfortable that this product will give you great quality pictures for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 17 July 2011
A. Parsons (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Purchased as a present - recipient is very pleased. Having taken a few photographs with it, I can see why - an excellent camera, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix L23, 17 July 2011
D. Robinson - See all my reviews
Works like it said on the box. Small, very portable good range of options. I have had no problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 July 2011
Fantastic camera bought this for my 14 year old Granddaughters birthday so easy to use and the choice of colours were lovely just popped the batteries in and away she went taking photos of everything. We were on holiday in cyprus at the time so she has lovely memories now to keep. Well worth the money and Amazon was the cheapest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 May 2011
This small and stylish nikon, is good value for money and really easy to use. great zoom and macro for a small camera. light and portable i take mine everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix, 22 Sep 2011
Elaine J. Moore (uk) - See all my reviews
I brought this for a holiday. It is great. Very lightweight, very easy to use. The pictures are good. I keep it in my bag all of the time now, just in case.