5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMP-BD75
Panasonic DMP-BD75EB-K Ultra Fast Booting 2D Blu-Ray Disc Player

Purchased this player as a second Blu-Ray deck to go in the bedroom, I have another Panasonic deck in the front room hooked up to my Onkyo amp as such simply wanted a reasonably priced unit for watching movies in bed.

This player ticked the boxes - I had no requirement for 3D Blu-Ray...
Published on 27 April 2011 by D. Walsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice player, real shame about the noise ...
Published on 25 Aug. 2011 by DaveL

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMP-BD75, 27 April 2011
D. Walsh (Lancashire, Great Britain.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMP-BD75EB-K Ultra Fast Booting 2D Blu-Ray Disc Player (Old model) (Electronics)
Panasonic DMP-BD75EB-K Ultra Fast Booting 2D Blu-Ray Disc Player

This player ticked the boxes - I had no requirement for 3D Blu-Ray (mainly because that is a fad) and have faith in the Panasonic brand as they consistently turn out well made, well performing reliable players.

The player arrived swiftly and was a breeze to setup, connect to the TV via HDMI cable, turn it on, run through the set up menu and it's all done.

Load time from the player is very quick - blu ray players have a tendacy to be a bit sluggish when loading a disc but not this, nice and quick - nearly as rapid as a DVD. It's also very responsive to commands from the remote.

Picture quality is fantastic hooked up to my 32inch samsung, images are vibrant and full of detail, motion handling is top notch. Sound quality is first rate too, though it is only hookd up to a pair of stereo speakers - no 5.1 setup in the bedroom.

Overall this is a fantastic Blu-Ray player which is well priced and is of great quality. I'd easily recommend it and it gets 5 Stars without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMP-BD75EB-K Ultra Fast Booting 2D Blu-Ray Disc Player, 15 Oct. 2012
This Blu Ray Player is a good value for money item.

The Player itself is slim and looks stylish with a fairly robust remote.

Looking at the other reviews, the only negative comments were that it is noisy when playing Blu Ray Discs. I bought it to play DVD Discs so this did not put me off buying it. (I have recently bought a Blu Ray Disc.)

I can confirm on my model, DVD Playback was quiet. With Blu Rays the nise form the player was 'audible' but was not overly loud at a distance of less than 1 metre. If you are watching a Blu ray Disc and sitting more than a 1 meter away from the Player, the noise will not distract you from the movie.

Please note due to the 'value' of the player, the only connection it has is an HDMI connection and the cable is NOT supplied!

The Blu Ray Discs compared to the DVD discs do seem to take a while for the machine to operate! It took so long that I thought it was broken at first but you have to be slightly patient for the Blu Ray disc to start.

(If you stop the machine (playing a BR/DVD) and switch it off, the machine will start the BR/ DVD disc from the point you stopped it next time you switch it on and press play.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Blu-ray player, 20 July 2011
This player has shown to be an excellent purchase. It loads the disk considerable quicker than previous generation blu-ray players, and provides an excellent picture and sound.
It is almost silent whilst running, and the build quality is excellent, like all Panasonic items. My only niggle, is that I have not found a way to run a movie with
the correct aspect ratio, from a USB stick. It insists on running in 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Player, basic features but brilliant value for money., 21 July 2011
D. V. Breckell (Stranraer, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
Easy setup, fast Blu-Ray load times, DVD Upscaling and good solid build quality.

I personally found the player to be quiet in operation.

If your looking for an entry level (non 3D) player then this ticks all the boxes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice player, real shame about the noise ..., 25 Aug. 2011
Having owned a decent DVD recorder/player for quite some time now, I decided to venture into the world of blu-ray by purchasing the Panasonic DMP-BD75 entry-level player. It was very important for me to get a player that does a fair job of upscaling DVD, and I wasn't disappointed by the excellent picture quality this model gives when playing standard def. DVDs. Blu-ray picture quality was also extremely crisp and rich. BUT. having said this, I'm only giving it three stars and won't be using it due to the following MAJOR issue.

I returned the device to Amazon for a refund, due to an unacceptably high buzzing noise from the player, evident during blu-ray playback. This wasn't too noticeable for DVD playback, but it really did spoil enjoyment of blu-ray discs. I believe this kind of noise-on-disc-read is not uncommon among lower-budget devices - it has been mentioned in other reviews - a real shame, because without this really off-putting hum, it would surely be a killer budget device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Bit Of Kit, 25 July 2011
G. Davies "Evo" (Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this cheapish - in price only - machine just because I wanted a bluray player for the bedroom.

It's ended up in our lounge hooked up to the Onkyo sound system because it's fab. Also through the usb connection it will play any file except mp4 that I throw at it including music and movies.

It also reads nfts disks fine.

All in all a lovely player and well worth the £65.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for the Latest, 25 Nov. 2011
MerC "MerC" (Hastings, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After messing about with my Samsung DMP for half a day, trying to get it to play the BluRay version of Conan the Barbarian, I eventually gave up. When I upgraded the firmware (as advised) it stopped playing ANY BDs. I had always found problems with certain titles - it would not, for instance, play all the Godfather movies unless the region were changed between discs. Loading ANY BD took ages. It will probably need an engineer to reset it and even then it probably will still have problems, being yesterday's technology.
Searching Amazon I came across the Panasonic DMP-BD75EB and could not at first believe the price. I ordered one and as usual with Amazon it arrived almost as soon as the email telling me it had shipped. Power lead in, HDMI cable out of the Samsung and into the Panasonic and away we go. Conan played immediately and so did all the Godfathers. Loading is very quick. I didn't even bother at first to change any of the factory default settings. The Menu for doing this, if need be, is reminiscent of Windows Media Centre and very easy to use. The audio capabilities appear to be impressive, but not having a proper audio system I can't comment further.
The unit will connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable (no WiFi), so you can enjoy features such as automatic firmware upgrades and BD Live. There is a very convenient front USB port, which will accept USB sticks. It also takes my Integral and Belkin card readers (with the cards in place) and displays all the photos on it, something it does not mention specifically in the instructions. The Remote has larger than normal keys, very clearly labelled and very convenient to use.
All-in-all a decently priced BD player with the extras you'd expect from a modern budget unit, and then some.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to set up, 1 Aug. 2011
D. Pass (Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a no nonsense plug in, attach an HDMI lead (not supplied which is the only down side) and off you go it is a easy as that.
Great picture,sound etc through tv ,it also upscales dvds which is a plus all for the price of a basic dvd player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, Very Quiet and Intuitive to Use, 12 Sept. 2012
Christopher Hession "Chris H" (Ballinfoyle) - See all my reviews
A good looking ultra-slim player. Very intuitive to operate - I haven't opened the manual yet. One result of the slimness is a much smaller outer package.

For all my discs it had very fast loading times. So fast that those annoying pages of text that no one wants to read just whizzed by!

The blu-ray picture quality is superb. The DVD picture quality is superb. Viewing some ancient DVD-Rs (of varying original quality...) I reckon it really is making the most of ANY home recording. Some were done using a scart connection to a Toshiba RD-XS34 (SD of course) and still, if the original was halfway decent, this machine achieved incredible results.

NOISE. I have sensitive hearing and cannot detect that it's running unless my ear is right up close. I can only assume that the issues mentioned by others are down to faulty machines. After testing this out, I placed it on the empty box to unfairly amplify any noise - and still nothing.

Check it on arrival for noise and reject it straight back if it's noisy! However, definitely ask for a replacement as this very useable machine is too good to miss out on at this excellent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 13 Sept. 2012
I bought this a couple of months ago, and I'm very happy. It's very small, both width and depth wise, so it fits perfectly in front of my TV. The remote is reasonably small and easy to use as well, which is always a bonus.

I haven't noticed the "loud buzzing/whirring noise" as reported in some reviews here, so I think that must be an individual issue rather than a product-wide fault.

My only problem with it, so far, is the USB connector. My external harddrive and USB stick are apparently incompatible. However, this does not impede my enjoyment, as that feature really wasn't my primary concern when I bought the player.

It plays both blu-rays and DVDs, quickly and easily. That's all you really need from a blu-ray player. :D