5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review
Published on 11 Nov 2011 by Mr Squid

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the gym
Published on 5 Dec 2011 by mister_jd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review, 11 Nov 2011
I am very pleased with these earphones, they seem good build/sound quality but only time will tell. When listning to music they do block out outside noise a bit, which I like. These seem better build quality than my Skullcandy Ink'D earphones, and I will test the sound quality for a while and update. They also can fit any ear size as it comes with various sized earbuds. I bought them for 14 which was a bargain, so I highly recommend.

*UPDATE*
They are still working great, (its 22/12/11 at the time of update) awesome sound quality, build quality seems fine, no visible change from when taken out of packaging and have been used basically everyday. Extremely pleased with my purchase, and still, Highly Recommend.

*UPDATE*
Still working perfectly! (Its 13/04/12 at the time of this update) sound quality has not changed at all, still no visible change ever. And they have been used everyday, outside and in. One of the best buys I have ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars These little beauties will blow your mind., 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sony Mid-range In-ear Headphones with Deep Base - Red (Electronics)
I have always used Sony headphones and for the price was expecting these to be decent but nothing spectacular. How I was surprised when i first used these little bombs of sound. The bass is deep and the treble perfect, they fit very comfortably and just sound awesome. It's now 5 months since I got them and they still look perfect and sound perfect if not slightly better. Considering I use them nearly everyday and don't look after them at all this has turned out to be one of the best 9.00 I have ever spent. These are well worth the money (not that you're spending a fortune) so grab yourself some, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sounds, 1 Jun 2011
I use these in a sony mp3 walkman, the sound quality is richer than my old jvc's and they are far more comfortable, even inside ear defenders. Plus they work as an ariel for the radio, improveing reception greatly. Can not, for the life of me, see why anyone would pay more for so called high end products. You'd need the hearing of a bat to find any fault with these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the gym, 5 Dec 2011
I needed a pair of earphones for the gym as my other Skull Candy earphones I think suffer from dodgy construction and I have always liked the reliability of Sony products. I do like the design of this product and they fit very comfortably in your ears way more than the generic straight cylindrical shape. My only gripe is the sound quality. The bass is decent and full but can distort and the treble sounds are rather hollow and lack clarity... Maybe I am going deaf. I did only pay 13 for them so I guess I got what I paid for and they are suitable for use in the gym and other such activities. I would advise on other earphones if you prize sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Sep 2012
At 61 yrs old, my first set of earphones, brilliant sound, even for someone who has worked in printing since leaving school, and has no doubt lost a lot of hearing. BRILLIANT

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 8 July 2011
After my old Sony headphones broke i opted the buy these, which looked good and are inexpensive. They arrived quickly and are very comfy, don't fall out my ears (unlike other headphones) and have great sound. It's early days, but so far so good for these stylish look headphones.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the creatives!, 13 Mar 2012
Llyr (Wales Ceredigion) - See all my reviews
Before these i had creatives Creative EP-630.

They just fit better in the my ears and so i get a much better sound than the sony's which becsue of bad fit had no bass at all. Going to get a second pair of creatives and send these back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 14 Jan 2012
I'm chuffed to bits with these headphones. Whilst I prefer having a small set of discreet headphones, I find most types of in-ear headphones a bit painful after a short period of use. A few months ago I manage to break my old headphones (that I loved). I found it really had to find a set that I could get on with. This is the third set I've tried and they're great. They don't hurt at all to wear, and stay in very well. Really happy. I'm tempted to buy a spare pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 23 Dec 2012
Amazon Customer (Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought these to replace the ones that came with my Sony player. The sound output is very low- half volume compared to my originals. The base output is pathetic. The ear pieces are tiny and fiddly to insert and pull out your ears.
The worst headphones I have ever bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, 9 Jun 2014
I got these as a replacement for my no longer available 818's and I am sorry to say that I am very disappointed that Sony have discontinued a perfectly good product. These, despite their claims to a good bass, I found to be horribly tinny and lacking in depth, also the stupid ear buds that they insist in using now, keep becoming detached and getting lost.