4.5 out of 5 stars3,105
Colour Name: Black|Change

on 21 March 2016
Absolute crap. Box came tattered/broken and as soon as I went to put them on my head they snapped in half. Don't think these are legit Sony.
review image review image
on 2 January 2014
I bought two sets of headphones direct from amazon for my two children ages 8 and 12.
I was looking for
a) a good quality branded head phone
b) One which would survive everyday use by two discerning young adults
c) head phones which would not break the bank

So far these phones have meet all these criteria. The make quality is good and they feel robust but only time will tell. My daughters have used these extensively and have not complained about any discomfort or problems with sound quality - but when used to listen to One Direction sound quality may not be as big an issue when listening to Bach. I have tried them ocassionally and even for my big head they feel comfortable

Another key reason for buyng these was the colour. When asked to chose between these headphones and another brand thay both choose the "white" phones. There are a range of colours so i suspect most colour choices could be accomodated.

Since recieving these headphones I have had feedback from two work colleagues who told me that they also have this same model of Sony headphone and have found them excellent .

I have seen some reviewers comparing these phones with Sennhauser units. A bit unfair I think as these phones at teh price point I paid are oranges and the Sennhauser are very definitley a top grade apple which would probably refuse to work if you listened to One Diretion through them
on 14 September 2011
These headphones are the business. The sound quality is astonishing for the price and they fit so well. The headband is very comfortable.

These are worth every penny.

Also, the cable length is just right.
on 28 December 2013
There are probably enough reviews about this product but I wanted to say a big thanks - I bought the white headphones, they are great looking and seem robust. The cable is relatively short but enough for when you want to listen to a walkman, ipod etc. They are not long enough to listen to the tv from across a room but that's not why we bought them.
The sound quality is fabulous, rich bass sound and we cannot fault them. They are adjustable to fit adults and kids.
Finally, for the price, they cannot be beaten, I have used £60 pound + headphones and to be honest, these blow the others out of the water.
on 13 April 2013
Great value for money! Good quality sound and very classy, clean look. I am enjoying my head phones every day!
on 7 January 2015
I got these instead of other, more expensive headphones I had before. The previous ones didbhave an amazing sound but where fragile as an old Chinese bike.
These ones do have a slightly flatter sound (they are a few times cheaper) but the sturdiness is amazing. You put them on your head and they stay there. You play music or a book and you can enjoy it a lot. Then you can drop them in your baggage and let it be kicked around in the process of working, then repeat. Rain is not a problem, dropping them is not a problem, hitting your head on something is not a problem. Plus they are really light and very comfortable.
on 30 August 2013
I was a little skeptical about purchasing these headphones as in the past I have only ever used ear-phones as such. I thought it may be a little dodgy paying as little as £12 but thought it would be worth a go and my word was I blown away by these things!

How can anybody consider paying up to £150 for those dre beats when a pair of headphones like these are sitting on the market for as little as £12?! The sound quality is beautiful and you cannot hear anything from the outside world once these our firmly placed over your head. They are smart and fashionable too leaving me no problem with wearing these around the house or on the train either. They are super comfortable compared to those horrible ear-phones, fitting perfectly round my head with an adjustable length too.

Overall, these headphones do their job perfectly, for just £12 you get beautiful sound quality in a neat pair of comfortable headphones.
on 23 April 2013
Just received these headphones today and there is some sound leakage, if you have about half of the volume up, there is quite a bit of leakage. This was my main disappointment.

It is uncomfortable if you wear for long periods of time. But i'm sure it will adjust to your head in time as with my last pair of Sony mdr-v150's.

The ear-cups are quite bulky compared to my previous Sony mdr-v150 but i can get used to that.

The sound quality is good enough for the price paid.

Overall I strongly believe it is great pair of headphones for the price you pay. No complains.
on 28 November 2011
Got these for 12.99 a few months ago, seems to have gone up now. Anyways, bought these to temporarily replace my (dead) beats solos and when I looked at the mixed reviews here, I didn't really know what to expect, so the best surprise was when I hooked it up to my hp laptop that has Beats Audio and BLOODY HELL it was amazing! Almost on par with the Solos I had before! And that was more than twice the price of these headphones! Plenty of bass without distortion, as with the treble levels etc, and they look pretty good too and look very similar to my Solo headphones. So disregard all the negative reviews as these headphones are most certainly worth the price you're paying for, and I know I wont be replacing them anytime soon. If you're an audiophile, look no further.
on 4 April 2013
I have had a lot of discomfort with this product due to there being no cusioning on the part of the headphone that rests on my head and the product is made of a very cheap feeling plastic however sound quality is up to standard.