on 22 December 2013
I know they are cheap and not to expect too much. But these are miles away from the Sony MDR-ED21LP earphones I've had in the past and liked. They don't make the ones I had before and these seemed the closest replacement. If you are, like me, looking to replace those, don't get these.

These are not as good as the ones that came for free with my Phone. Despite the small price I still feel like I've wasted my money.

Apart from the sound they just won't stay in my earholes when I move around.

I don't think Sony should put their name on products this poor. These should be unbranded and priced about £1.
on 22 July 2013
I wanted a cheap pair of earphones and came across this, seeing how it was from Sony I felt that it was going to be quite a good quality and durable pair of earphones.

Sound Quality: is not great, it's average. It sounds flat and there's a lack of bass. Though this isn't much of a problem for me since I was aiming for a cheap pair and expected this.

Build Quality: I can hear the wire from the right earphone moving, it's not much of a problem. You would need to focus on it to make it distract you. Though it makes me wonder if the headphones would last long.

Ear Pads: Nice, though not needed. When it comes to comfortability I don't feel as if it makes a difference. Looks wise, I feel like it makes the earphones look better, also if you have trouble keeping earphones in your ear the (little) added thickness from the pads may help secure it in place. The pads obviously catch dust easily, so you would have to make sure you store them in the right place. It was a slight struggle at first to put the pads on, but I soon figured out how to and I managed to put them on easily. Because of the reasons I've mentioned about the pads I've kept my ear pads off.

All in all I'm happy with the purchase and feel like £4.95 is reasonable pricing.
on 5 October 2014
These are terrible, really tiny sound - no bass. You have to turn them up significantly just to get a decent level out of them. The cable seems very cheap also. I have bought Sony headphones for many years and they have generally been of a good standard, these remind me of the free headphones you get with a cheap MP3 player.
on 11 June 2015
Hi. To be honest I bought this earphones as my replacement for MDR-E 818 which were very good. But this one I have to sadly say are really poor. I think that Sony audio equipment is very good in general and I have a few Sony electronics which I'm very happy with, but this earphones are well below standard. The sound actually is clear but there is no bass at all. I couldn't believe how poor this earphones are. This is massive step back for Sony compared to what was available before. If actually I wouldn't know that this is Sony I will think that these earphones are from Poundland shop. The only reason to buy them is to listen audiobooks or news in radio, but definitely not for the music.
on 28 March 2014
I agree with this review here http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2WP1YNNELJXUL/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004MMG34Y&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=560798&store=electronics

I've had to turn software equalizing for the sound to come out ok. I've never had to do that before
on 13 April 2014
you get what you expect for a cheap pair of earphones, the sound isolation is non-existent but its ok if all you want is just the music playing, also there is a lack of bass for these earphones but you shouldn't expect too much if you are paying less than 10 pounds
on 12 August 2014
These headphones are very cheap and as you can expect the sound quality from them is not great.
They are suitable for talking to people on Skype, but not for listening to music.
on 15 January 2016
The sound quality is good, though they do not go very loud. If to be used while running/cycling/etc you may find the wind noise drowns them out.
on 10 March 2015
Good headphones! I get through headphones like most people get through socks, and this is a great budget replacement. Happy days!
on 18 June 2015
Love these never go out without them..bought another set just incase i lose my first ones..perfect for the ears

See one answered question