on 8 November 2012
Although I have had a few puppies over the years since childhood, I bought this book on kindle as we have just got an Italian Spinone puppy, and it has been a while since my last puppy, as that one died 3 years ago at the age of 14 years. I found this book well written, clear and empathetic towards the new owner. I enjoyed it and I can now refer back to it if necessary. I have put into practice some of the author's suggestions and they do work.
on 2 July 2016
Book is quite short and doesn't have much information outside of common sense. Save your money and buy something different (or look on YouTube for Stonnie Dennis' puppy training videos - they were far more useful!)
on 22 January 2014
Found out a lot of information and have been using this new found knowledge on our puppy. He seems happier with me using commands and playing with him. We are getting there slowly with the toilet training but think we are making great progress.Thank you for all the information.
on 2 July 2014
Only small but this book had one invaluable tip on toilet training - the bell on the door! We managed after only a week to get out beagle pup to ring the bell to let us know she needed to go out, now she is perfectly toilet trained and it was so easy all because we read this!
on 12 February 2013
Easy to read and written so that anyone could follow the simple instructions and bullet points were useful. I was able to go to any section I needed to without thinking I had missed anything. I highly recommend it.
on 21 December 2014
I gave this book 5 stars because it gives you a load of information all about caring for a puppy. It gives you vital information to help you look after a dog and helps a lot.
I found that it doesn't take long at all to read and I could sit on the sofa and have it finished in less than 2 hours. I love this book and my dog was ( and still is ) behaving very well from 8 weeks too the age of now 2. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is either a first time dog owner or having trouble looking after a new puppy!
on 22 December 2013
Great book for the inexperienced puppy owner and also to refresh your memory for the experienced owner. Disappointed when the book came to an end as I could have read more all night. Wish I purchased the full version from the start.
on 20 May 2014
A really brief read but had some good snippets of advice. Would have liked some more activity information but it was the mini edition!
on 15 February 2014
Really enjoyed this book only a half hour read but lots of food for thought & some great skills given to understanding your puppy and training well worth a read for anyone with a new puppy.
on 1 September 2013
Would recommend for first time Dog Owners. Summary of puppy routines, communication and training techniques all very useful. Food tables also helpful too identify best quality foods,