5.0 out of 5 stars Michael, he's the MAN!
Another great book from Michael R. Hicks. This should be made into a film. It would be a best seller.

I would recommend this book to anyone. You don't have to be into SciFi to enjoy. Well written and keeps you wanting to read more. Can't put it down until it's finished. Just like all his other books. Keep them coming Michael.
Published 21 months ago by Danny

2.0 out of 5 stars ok book
While an interesting primice. I found it a bit slow getting to the point. Frankly decided not to finish it.
Published 6 months ago by Kevin Stall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Season Of The Harvest (Harvest Trilogy, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Very interesting. Can't wait for the last of the series. I had not read this author before but he backed his work with good and interesting facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars clever premise and a cracking read, 1 Feb 2013
Iam 40 and have an an awfull lot of Sci Fi, Asimov, Hienlen, Clarke, Hamilton and all the golden era classics.

This novel was well paced, a clever premise playing on the fears of gentically modified crops and little green men and had sufficent implausible actions scenes reminiscent of space opera but in a contemporary setting.

The opening novel is free and I suggest you give it a whirl and if you dont relate to ny of the characters I will be surprised.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

I shall not divulge plot details and the main premise but it is a good clean fun read

Book 2 bitter harvest is on my wishlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read!, 1 Feb 2013
This novel had me gripped from the start. The pace was fast and the story well told. Maybe some of the ideas are not completely new but that didn't matter as they were given a totally fresh makeover. The characters were completely credible and you wanted to know what happened next. I am not going to read book two just yet but I expect I will sometime in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first in trilogy, 31 Jan 2013
I was wary of this as it seemed to be a bit of a strange subject. However, well thought out and, interesting, and written to make you really feel for the characters...will be reading book 2 shortly

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't expecting much ... How wrong I was!, 14 Jan 2013
I couldn't stop reading this once I had started. Not only did it keep me engaged but I started to care about the characters, wanting to get to the next scene so I could assure myself that my favourites had survived. I felt some revulsion at the more gory bits and did, on one occasion, put my hands to my eyes so I wouldn't have to watch when it got a bit tense .... Silly me .. It's a book!

Really enjoyable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan 2013
Really enjoyable story not the typical here come the aliens plot but almost feasible. Good pace and good characters not too heavy for people who just enjoy a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season of the Harvest, 8 Oct 2012
I was extremely pleasantly suprised by this book. I couldn't put it down. To the point that right after completing reading it, I had to get the sequel before I could fall asleep.
Everything about this book had me hooked.
Anyone that likes Michael Crichton or Patricia Cornwall will love this book. At least that's my humble opinion

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining if a bit flawed., 5 Jun 2012
M. King (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
Okay so beasties looking to wipe out the earth isn't exactly a premise on which you can make any quibbles about realism and for the most part the book rattles along and is a darn good read.

Characters are engaging and for the most part act sensibly which helps this sci-fi thriller no end.

Writing is crisp and dialogue fun and again realistic within the scenario we find ourselves. The author does fall in love a bit with detailing the Titan base in full boring architectural detail.

The only real thing that spoilt the book for me was a presidential decision about a nuclear bomb ---REALLY...REALLY !!! Stupidest thing ever and something the story could have managed quite well without. There were also a few too many instances of one side mowing down another (with sobbing regret) and then everybody joining forces in peace and harmony. That didn't work for me I'm afraid.

But at its heart its a galloping beast of a story that isn't afraid to escalate the stakes over and over (unfortunately just to the point of silliness) and I enjoyed it for what it was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Season of the Harvest: Quite possible., 3 Jun 2012
'Season of the Harvest' kept me interested. If you like Sci-fi, then this would suit you. It makes you wonder how close we actually are to such a thing happening. Could be snapped up for a film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, 2 Jun 2012
S (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Season of the Harvest is an interesting technothriller. A seemingly crazy group purport that the world is being taken over by aliens. We follow an FBI agent into his investigation into a friends untimely death while he is at a research facility for genetically modified maize grains.

SPOILER ALERT
It's a tad convoluted as we see how this death was at the hands of shape shifting aliens who are attempting to take over the world by modifying human DNA through GM food. Our protagonist is soon torn between his FBI connections and his desire to investigate his friends death. The crazy people turn out to be less crazy than anticipated and hole up inside a bunker where they prove the aliens are real. They can take human form, but when electrocuted they revert to their alien appearance. It becomes clear that the aliens have an insidious presence inside not only the FBI but the White House as well, and the rebel group have to race to save the remaining safe seed stock in the worlds major seed bank vaults as the aliens attempt to destroy it and flood the market with GM stock.

It's an incredibly original title, and well worth a read but does require suspension of your critical faculties.