Format: DVD|Change

on 4 February 2013
Got this as I had seen some of the series when it aired on TV. It's a brilliant series on how some of Germany's WW2 War Criminals where chased and caught after the war ended. Has a minor irritation that it recaps things every now and then (probably where the original ad breaks would have ended), but this is a minor irritation. Excellent series and highly recommended to anyone interested in what happened to the Nazi's who made a run for it at the end of the war.
on 11 May 2011
(!!THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON THE FIRST EPISODE ONLY)

The price often paints a picture of what you are getiing here at amazon, when purchasing documentaries.

Ive bought ALOT of documentaries on WWII here at amazon.uk, and so I bought very good ones and also very bad ones.

I dont usually write reviews, but I decided that this DVD-set deserves one.
Besides no one else did one yet, so why not?

The price on this DVD-set is fairly low, which got me wondering what to expect.
Nevertheless I was positively surprised when I watched the first episode.

It features the "hunt" for Nazi scientist top one Werner von Braun.
Along with very interesting footage (both colour and B/W) you get interviews with the man himself (Werner von Braun) along with Albert Speer and others interesting for the investigation.

Many of these newer documentaries never features interviews of the people in question, so its very nice to see here, that they actually included it in the series.
Of course these interviews was shot in the 60s or 70s but nevertheless its very interesting to see what they had to say about it themselves.

I was sorry to see that no one had made a review of this yet, so to all of you WWII fanatics waiting for a feedback, I just want to say that I am very glad I bought it.

Picture is very good indeed, and sound very good too.
It has no subtitles, but again, the sound is very nice so you shouldent need them (unless your H-O-H)
Each episode runs for 50 mins.

TOP DVD-SET in my oppinion.
on 16 June 2011
I waited for this to come out on dvd after watching this series on the yesterday channel and thought it was one of the best I have seen. Highly recommended. Also as a companion piece read the book Hunting Evil by Guy Walters.
on 19 August 2011
I THINK I AM GOING TO FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO ADEQUATELY DESCRIBE THIS 4 DISC SET. IT IS BREATHTAKENLY BRILLIANT.-- I HAVE MANY MANY FILMS OF THE ATROCITIES COMMITED BY THE NAZIS DURING WW2, BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY THIS,-- THAT THIS SET IS THE BEST YET. IT IS SO COMPREHENSIVE & THOROUGH AND CONTAINS MUCH INFORMATION & FILM THAT I FOR ONE HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE.
IF YOU LIKE THIS TYPE OF DOCUMENTARY & YOU HAVE`NT GOT THIS SET YOU DON`T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING,---- I CAN ONLY REPEAT,--- IT IS BREATHTAKENLY BRILLIANT IN EVERY SENSE,-- AUDIO & FILM QUALITY INCLUDED.
This is the 2011 DVD set of the 13 part series that appeared on the Yesterday digital channel. It is well made and scholarly and throws some interesting light on the classic Nazi stories - Bormann, Eichmann, etc and lesser know ones - like the German rocket scientists who were spirited-off to the US and their murky pasts buried without question, or of the operation of the SAS after the Normandy landings. It combines archival footage, interviews and reconstructions filmed with modern actors.
it is remarkable for the first hand testimonies of soldiers and survivors on all sides. Hence, this series is an important historical document in its own right as many of those people interviewed are dead now or very old indeed.
Highly recommended
on 5 January 2015
These documentaries are among the best nazi films in my collection. Thirteen episodes in all documenting the hunt for the most infamous nazis of all including; Joseph Mengele, Goering, Himmler, Bormann, Heydrich, Eichmann & more. Each episode lasts 45+ minutes so over 10 hours of nazi hunting film in this superb boxset. Recommended to anyone with an interest in the second world war in europe.
on 29 January 2016
A good series but let down a little by the fact that some of the episodes felt very much like "padding out the series". Best episodes (IMO) are most definitely the Martin Bormann and Josef Mengele ones. Nazi history is just so fascinating so it's still a good addition if you're interested in such things. The DVD itself is well presented and with good menus although it is one of those infernal card gatefold cases so can't be replaced like plastic cases if it gets scuffed/damaged/etc.
on 22 January 2013
It still amazes that such things could have happened, and this is a good addition to the collection of anyone similarly interested in trying to understand how we can do the things we do to each other.
on 24 April 2016
One word, brilliant!!!!!! I saw the series on TV and it is extremely interesting and thrilling.Shows the capture of Eichman, Himmler etc and the ones that got away such as Mengele. A must for any history buffs,thoroughly enjoyable.
on 28 June 2013
13 episodes of almost an hour each has got to be very good value for money. Importantly I can now watch these good programmes with no adverts !!!!!!