VINE VOICEon 1 December 2013
This is a nice-looking dress but the fabric is fairly nasty. My daughter couldn't have worn it all day at school as it was too itchy/scratchy. The 'bag' is tiny, certainly not big enough to keep anything substantial in nor is it big enough to be a replica gas mask bag. The beret is very much just a shower cap but no less authentic for that. It is cheap in price too though so hard to complain too much. However, one can buy a more authentic and more substantial (and much nicer) outfit here:
Evacuee Girl with Coat - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume
Also, it's well worth visiting the 'Resources for Teaching' shopfront (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A1LZV1LE44GCWX) for authentic replica extras.
on 19 January 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS! The material is poor and thin I have saw summer dresses thicker. I ordered this next day delivery and it didn't come and it says next day delivery and it never turned up I had to contact the seller to give me a refund but I wasted £6.00 on delivery. The bag is thin and made of felt the size of your palm. The hat looked like a shower cap and isn't worth 1 star.
on 20 February 2012
Had absolutely no time to make a costume for my daughter to wear. A friend of my daughter's mum had already bought this WW2 costume from Amazon. It was perfect. I couldn't have made it for less. Try this if you are a busy mum.
on 16 November 2015
My daughter bought this costume for my granddaughter. It is laughably bad. The dress is made of 100% nasty polyester but is by far the best part of the ensemble. The piece de resistance has to be the satchel which truly beggars belief. Made from felt with a tiny velcro fastening it resembles no satchel ever seen hanging from the shoulder of any schoolchild. Ever. True this 'costume' was inexpensive and you may well wish to purchase one to see its sheer mediocity with your own eyes but really no-one deserves to earn money from atrocities such as this. Make your own from painted newspaper it will serve your child better. Deserves no stars at all.
on 15 October 2013
fantastic product, lovely quality, we used a different hat as the other was a little small! she really looked the part.
on 6 January 2013
Bought this for my 7 year olds school trip, they will be visiting a war museum and have been asked to dress as evacuee's on the day.
This outfit is perfect.
My little girl can't wait to wear it.
Cheap and fast delivery too .
on 10 December 2012
loved this outfit as it was very authentic and well made worth the money easier than making something urself i wud recommend it 2 any one who needs a fancy dress outfit 4 the school dressing up day
on 18 May 2012
WHAT A GREAT FANCY DRESS BOUGHT FOR MY DAUGHTERS LEARNING DAY AT SCHOOL RE WORLD WAR II. GOOD MATERIAL AND GREAT PRICE BOUGHT AN ID CARD AND A GAS MASK TO GO WITH IT DAUGHTER VERY PLEASED TOO. WOULD RECOMMEND AS COULDN'T MAKE ONE FOR LESS MONEY. VERY VERY FAST DELIVERY TOO THANK YOU
on 11 April 2013
A lovely little outfit which my daughter loved wearing on a school trip to Eden camp. She actually looked like an evacuee. Only complaint was that the item was very thin and not a fantastic quality but for the price it was acceptable
on 12 April 2013
I read the other reviews and so purchased the item already dubious about the quality but what everyone said was accurate... the quality is diabolical!

The name tag that looks like cardboard on the picture is a piece of felt badly sewn to the dress with a teardrop shaped piece of silver material that the child can't relate to as what it is so it has no meaning as a name tag. Disappointing, as this is a key piece to understand in the curriculum if they are studying WWII at school.

My daughter likes the beret and the shape is cute but the fabric is so thin it is see-through.

The dress is paper thin and cannot be worn without something underneath both to keep them warm enough and also to protect modesty as, like another reviewer suggested, the dress gapes at the crotch and is also slightly see-through when held up to the light.

The bag I have instantly binned and even my daughter hated it as it was tiny and made of very poor quality fabric.

That said the counter argument is it's cheap and you get what you pay for and what do you want to pay for a one off use? I personally think you can get much better quality costumes in other genres for the same price and is it okay for one day?... For me personally, no. The weather is too cold and the material too flimsy for my seven year old to wear this as is. It is going to cost me extra money to replace the bag, put a better ticket on it and get something to put underneath. The beret will do. I may even purchase an alternative.