4.0 out of 5 stars logitech mk60 wireless desktop
very reliable keyboard and mouse setup.easy to install and works very well with longlife batteries included i well reccommend the product.
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by David A. Dewar

3.0 out of 5 stars It's half decent, but I'd advise different.
After using this keyboard for about a week and using it for general computer use mixed in with some gaming, it's half decent.

For the keyboard, I like the feel of the keys, the look, the media buttons seems to work fine except when in games curiously as opposed to a different keyboard I had. The mouse is also ok and is precise as I could hope...
Published on 5 July 2012 by John Shaw

4.0 out of 5 stars logitech mk60 wireless desktop, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop USB Keyboard Mouse Combo (Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars Altogether decent, 27 April 2012
OK so it isn't brilliant. It's not packed with features that are going to blow your mind. But at this price what do you want other than a functional mouse and keyboard combo. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
The set up procedure was flawless - even with the reciever in a hub. I've used other wireless combos that have a real hard time being recognised before windows is loaded so accessing the bios screen etc becomes a pain - even when you set the bios to recognise wireless devices. Often reducing you to attaching a PS/2 keyboard at first. Seeing as my old keyboard was totally dead I couldn't log into windows at all - had to just connect it straight away and turn the PC on. Anyway with this set simply plug in the wireless reciever and everything works immediately - it uses generic drivers in windows so no additional drivers or software to install. This was a relief.

The keyboard is very responsive. Basic but functional. I'm not a massive fan of 'softer' keys (and I count these keys as softer than I'm used to) but this is fine, inbetweener really. Unlike other keyboards I don't often end up hitting the wrong keys. There's one particular make of keyboard that when using I always turn the caps lock on when going for the 'a' button. I use that one at work. It drives me nuts. Thankfully this doesn't do it. There's an adequate depression on the caps lock to avoid that issue. The special function keys are very basic. I miss my Word/Excel quick access buttons from my old keyboard a little but not that much, and to be honest that old keyboard had faults this one doesn't.

The mouse. It's alright. Fairly ergonomic, comfortable anyway, if a little small but it is seemingly more responsive than my old mouse. I like them a little heavier usually but it's OK.

Battery life seems pretty good. Which is important to me.

I would give this product 3 stars, because the hardware itself is pretty basic, but for one detail. The price. It's a bargain really. I was thinking about buying a significantly more expensive model but thought I'd give this a try first and then if I didn't like it splurge a little on something high end. Don't really see the point now though. This does exactly what it's meant to. For some reason I'm reminded of the AK-47 or a Soviet made rocket or something. Not flashy, but to repeat... basic - but functional. And cheap. Real cheap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 28 May 2011
Wanted a basic keyboard/mouse wireless combo to get rid of wires. So OK the mouse feels a bit cheap compared with a Logitech M555 and it's not laser so loses a bit of precision but is perfectly usable for general purpose work on a suitable surface (not lined paper). Keyboard feels like a standard Logitech keyboard, now in a semi matt finish and with no perceptible lag on keystrokes. The dongle is about 3cm long and the range is more than 7m (out of the lounge and half down the corridor!). But here's the surprise it's 100% compatible with Ubuntu Linux 11.04, plug in, switch on, use, no drivers needed. Volume, mail, home, play even the calculator key works!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal., 20 Aug 2011
Andrew Ballard (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
With a price tag in the low 20s for the pair i was skeptical, but this is only being purchased as a stopgap so the price was just right. The keyboard does not feel cheap at all, no rattle and attention to detail such as rubber strips on the tilting feet and nice plastic with an understated look - the keyboard stays firmly put even under my heady handed typing. The action of the keys is good (for a membrane keyboard), and not overly squishy, and the keys have minimal wobble - nice. The mouse is acceptable also, clicking action is tight and firm, no loose clacking, and it lies perfectly flat. the scroll wheel has friction/indents, which i **much** prefer over the horrible free spinning type. I'm an 'experienced' gamer, and playing some Team Fortress 2 i am still happily making top of the scoreboard using this wireless desktop set. It comes with good brand GP alkaline batteries also, but i've replaced them with GP recyko (much like sanyo eneloop, etc). The dongle is small and stays out of the way, but with windows 7 is 100% plug and play, took 5 seconds to get working.

The keyboard also has 128bit encryption.

This is my first day of ownership so i cannot vouch for reliability, but build quality doesn't look to be an issue, i'm actually pleasantly surprised.

5*, because for the price it is very good value, and definitely recommended.

edit: still good almost a year on, though it's on backup to my steelseries xai/6gv2 setup now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Feb 2012
A. Wheatley (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This keyboard and mouse, like pretty much all Logitech products I've used are both excellent.
I bought it for work, but have now realised it's actually better than my Microsoft desktop I have at home.
The keyboard is a nice size, all keys are full size and laid out well, no annoying half sized enter/backspace keys or anything, yet it's also compact in overall dimensions so can be stored out the way easily when not in use.
The tilt is a good angle and there are even little rubber feet on the tilt legs to make it it doesn't move around on your desk.
Signal seems good, I haven't tested range but had no problems with the PC under the desk, unlike some I've used which will miss every few mouse clicks even when close.
All in all, a great buy. Doesn't everything most people will ever need, does it well and does it for a very low price. I'm considering buying another for home...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Mac and Linux, 7 Mar 2012
This works a treat on my old Mac mini as well as my rubbish Asus eeepc: just plugged in the Bluetooth dongle into the USB and away I typed and moused.
Little tip: plug the dongle in before switching on the computer to make pairing automatic.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's half decent, but I'd advise different., 5 July 2012

However, both devices seem to cut out on me every now and then for about 5 seconds at seemingly random times. It's hard to say why, is it the wireless? too much interference? Hell if I know but what I do know is that my old Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse didn't do this and it can really be quite annoying in games especially.

I'm hoping that one issue is down to user error or something so it can go away but if not, I'd advise picking a different wireless bundle (possibly the Logitech Mk300 which I previously had and didn't have these gripes, is more expensive however and non-spill resistant.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and good value, 9 Jun 2012
Does exactly what it says on the tin - it works well, even at distance and the mouse and keyboard both feel reasonably solidly put together.

One gripe - if you use Windows 7 64 bit operating system it IS NOT plug and play. I got it to work after a bit of googling on how to solve the problem, though help from logitech would be useful.

All in all a great value product, why spend more - there's not that much difference between this and a more expensive keyboard to justify a higher price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop, 26 Feb 2012
Received on time well packed plugged in the dongle and off we went with no problems. A excellent lightweight keyboard with a very good range distance fron the P_C. Difficult to reduce the 5 rating to a 4 just because there is no "Capital Lock On" indicator but because I do leave the lock on sometimes without noticing it I have taken the plunge and rated 4 rather than 4.5!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Connectivity, 28 Jan 2012
Clifford Thomas (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed to replace my HP wireless keyboard and mouse. The markings had begun to wear off and connectivity with my PC was a little erratic. The Logitech had received good reviews and was relatively inexpensive. The first thing I noticeboard was that the Logitech MK260 was much lighter and perhaps less sturdy than the HP. But the keyboard markings are embossed and I sense will be more resistant to wear and tear. The batteries appear to last longer too. However, The major plus is in the connectivity. The Logitech works flawlessly from all angles and at all sensible ranges. A great improvement.