on 7 November 2011
Very impressed with this backpack - my Nikon D40 with zoom lens fits neatly into the camera pouch leaving enough room inside for a extra lens or your lunch! There is a separate compartment for your netbook (I use it for maps) and small inner pockets for mobile/keys etc. I also manage to fit in a pair of binoculars and my GPS without any problems. A removable pouch is also included (they suggest it's for leads). There is also a reasonably large bottle holder on the outside. I have found the backpack very comfortable to wear. If you don't have a netbook and ignore the 'computer' aspect of this product, it makes and excellent walking/hiking camera bag. Good quality finish as well - recommended!
on 18 January 2012
I have been looking for a bag which would carry my 13" MacBook pro, Canon 600d and a few things like sd cards, usb cables etc etc. This looked to be perfect for me, and I have to say it is! The bag is very well made, the zips and pockets are strong and built to last. It fits everything in and still has space for more if I needed it. The pocket for the lap top fits my macbook like a glove...No moving about. I can also put my macbook in while it has a case on it...Still goes in the pocket no trouble. My camera feels safe, no movement while in the bag. This is the first bag that I have been 100% pleased with. I'm very happy.
on 4 March 2012
After loads of searching, ordering and returning various SLR bags, I settled on this. I am not disappointed. As you can adjust the camera section, It fits my Panasonic g3 compact system camera perfectly.

Cons:
No tripod holder - I resolved this by sewing a Velcro strap onto the side of the bag
It does need to be leaning against something in order for it to stand up.

Really happy with the bag, fits everything I need for a day out.
on 16 October 2011
This is a very compact backpack and I'm highly pleased with it for the price (I paid £25 on Amazon).
It functions perfectly as a daypack for sightseeing: padded compartment for a smallish SLR camera, guidebook or two, Kindle in the outside pocket and plus space for various other small odds and ends (eg extra lens) or even a light jumper.
It can be a bit small for to and froing for work, but I deliberately chose a smaller pack as I had found I had been carrying too much stuff.
My wide screen 15.6 inch computer only just fits in the pouch, and things get very tight indeed if i then want to take my camera. However I have recently bought a 12 inch netbook and this, plus camera and Kindle and small odds and ends fit perfectly guaranteeing I'll be using this combination next time I need to travel for work.
Minor disadvantages: only colour is black and it falls over when put on the ground (it has a sloped base)
on 13 April 2013
I have a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW that I use whenever I travel abroad but that is simply too bulky and heavy for everyday use. So for work I'd been using a Stealth Reporter D400 AW for my photo and video gear, and an Incase 15" Nylon Sleeve for my Mac Book Pro Retina (with an Incase 15" Neoprene Sleeve inside, just to be extra cautious). But the unbalanced and unsupported weight was proving too much for my back. So after watching and reading dozens of reviews, I purchased the Lowepro CompudayPhoto 250 Backpack. My main concern was if the MBPr would fit in the laptop compartment, as I had read some reviews where the authors' laptops didn't fit.

I am happy to say that my MBPr fits just fine in the laptop compartment, even with the Incase 15" Neoprene Sleeve (though with the sleeve it does feel a bit tight, but I will still be using it). I've also managed to fit the following into the bag:

In the camera compartment: A Nikon D300 camera with the Nikon MB-D10 Battery Pack attached (no lens attached to the camera). And smartly placed on top of it, my Canon LEGRIA HF-S30 video camera.

In the main compartment: My MBPr, and on the space adjacent to the camera compartment, a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 lens with the hood inverted. On top of that I just placed my Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 lens and my Nikon SB-800 speed light (folded in an L shape).

In the middle compartment: A Rode Videopro Mic (inside the mesh pocket), extra batteries for the Nikon, the Canon, the flash and my microphone, my Nikon's CF cards, my iPhone 5 in one of the phone/mp3player pockets (though it was obviously designed for a smaller phone like the iPhone 4), and the power chord for the MBPr.

In the external pocket: My Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones.

I also tried putting the Nikon inside the camera compartment with the 17-55 f/2.8 lens attached and it worked fine, but I had to remove the Nikon MB-D10 Battery Pack from the camera. With that configuration, I still managed to put the Nikon grip and the Canon video camera inside the main compartment, along with the 80-200.

As my previous Lowepro bags, the material and the build is 100% sturdy and high quality. Yet, it is not much larger than a school backpack.

As of now I love this bag. I might revisit this review in a couple of weeks, once I've used it on a daily basis.
on 7 June 2012
amazing backpack dose the job for enthusiast and professional photographer. it is very handy to grab your camera on the go.
personally, I used for both my handy-cam, DSLR and Macbook 15inch so I carry everything with me for fast production.
three things makes me buy this Backpack.
1- Decent space your essential equipments
2-easy access to DSLR
3- protection for gadgets

I would recommend this for photographer who likes to carry DSLR+Laptop seamlessly.
on 13 February 2012
This is my favourite photography pack pack, and I have a few. I love the slot at the side for easy access to the camera, plus all the compartments inside. I carry a Nikon dslr with 50mm lens, plus a small tripod, iPad, hard disk recorder, Nikon mic and assorted cables, headphones and batteries. Sometimes I throw in my 13 inch mac laptop. Quality build.
on 24 March 2012
Very nice bag for who does not have more than 2 lenses and wants to carry also the laptop. Very user friendly zips and quality materials!
on 24 July 2014
Another Lowepro bag to add to the collection. My Samsung laptop only just fits, it measures 375mm x 255mm x 22mm though the dedicated pocket is well padded.
The only slight criticism would be that the main compartment zips tend to snag on the weather protection top strip.
Also note that although there are numerous internal pockets this is main a bag for those wanting for safe transit of a laptop and associated bits and bobs who also want to provide dedicated storage of an SLR.
My K-7 with Sigma 50mm f1.4 with petal hood attached the right way round fits with bags of room to spare. My JVC Everio video camera sits on top (with a pad from another bag between to avoid scratches).
Great travel bag, even Ryanair allow it as a carry on.
on 20 July 2014
Had this bag at least a year, and I don't treat it very nicely. It gets stuffed with tools, clothes, laptops, whatever I need for work or just going out and about. Had the occasional zip snag issue recently, but I would say that was down to me overloading it.

Its designed to keep a laptop in it, which it does quite well. I originally bought it to keep my ipad in, as well as tools etc for work. The ipad fits really nicely in the pocket in the main compartment, so much so that you sometimes forget it's there. I also have a 15 inch laptop that I use sometimes, and although that fits, I think you would struggle with a laptop any bigger!

On the whole a great comfy bag.