5.0 out of 5 stars Great little pocket sized camera.
Published on 21 Jun 2011 by kaz

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft, soft, soft.
After reading two reviews, both from respectable sources, I thought this would be a good replacement for my partner's casio exilim s600 that had finally given up after many a year's good service.
It's got a great zoom range and doesn't have too many buttons to scare the keen, but amateur, photographer. It's also very light and small enough for your average handbag or...
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by f1larry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little pocket sized camera., 21 Jun 2011
This camera was bought as a replacement for my previous digital camera which was 6 years old. I already own a Canon DSLR & love that, but I still needed something smaller for nights out or to keep in my handbag. I did a lot of research & my particular requirements were that it was slim & pocket sized but also that it took good shots in low level lighting & at night, as this is where my old camera had let me down the most. I love this little camera. It fits in a pocket or small bag & it takes great shots in the dark. It has a large screen & for basic shots it is perfect. It also has a large choice of shooting modes which I am still learning about! I am really excited about this camera & it was a great deal with the good price offered by Amazon & the Canon £20 cash back! I would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a simple camera that takes good shots in all conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellect, but 1 issue., 28 May 2011
G. Stewart (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This camera is a very high quality point and shoot, it has some manual options but it really does just work well if you leave it on auto. Despite being a mostly plastic shell, its very rugged and tough, should withstand a few bumps without too much hassle.

The only down sides are that the screen is flush on the back, there are no raised edges to protect it so if you lay it down on its back, its the screen that is on the table/floor etc. Because of this, get a screen protector.

The main down side is its size, it is a very 'petite' camera with small buttons. My partner is very happy with it, but I have a little difficulty using the buttons to change flash etc. But my hands are the size of spades, so I am used to this.

One feature that is very good is the 'minature' option for photos, gives some really nice effects and is worth a go.

For the price, I am unsure what would actually be a better buy, this is a very good and responsive piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Camera Ixus115, 25 April 2011
Mr. K. Currie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great bit of kit! fantastic price and fantastic photos! great fun compact camera, its menu driven, yet easy to work out how to do things! (even easier if you have already owned a canon compact camera) plus points for this camere inc metal body, and I love the slow motion movies! also it can take minature effect shots and fish eye shots to name but a few! in fact give it a week and you should be taking some very good photos, and worked out where every thing is. If your not that adventureous - then simply slide the switch over to auto, and the camera takes the shot for you, but to be honest if thats all you want then there are cheaper cameras about. I love this camera its the best canon I have had so far and would advise any one to buy it. I bought a 16GB SD card for my one, and it can now take over 5000 photos! it dosent come with a card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera at a bargain price., 20 April 2011
Simon Hall (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera as a carry around to compliment my Nikon SLR. I have owned Canon IXUS camera in the past ( 90 IS) and was very impressed, therefore I decided to replace it with this as this one comes with a bit more of the latest technology than my old one.
First impressions were pretty good, although the build quality is slightly plasticky. The battery cover is quite flimsy for instance. To be fair though this is at the lower end of the IXUS range.
Now onto how it performs. I wasn't expecting it to rival the DSLR in overall image quality, and it doesn't however for a compact I find the image quality very good. The noise control is excellent, you can actually use the images take at 3200 ISO for smaller prints. The lens is pretty decent, delivery good sharpness across the frame, focussing seems to be pretty accurate. I have tried a Panasonic Lumix TZ-6 and a Nikon S560 in comparison, and the Canon has much better image quality than either of them.
Video quality is good, although it won't play on windows media player. You can zoom during playback, but this is only digital zoom, so if you zoom in too far picture quality degrades.
I would class it as an excellent buy. Canon are currently doing a cashback promotion on this model of £20, so in the end it worked out that it cost me £115 all in.
To finish off I would like to mention the service from Amazon. It was excellent. I ordered this camera on a Sunday afternoon, and used the free super saver delivery option. The camera arrived on the Tuesday.
Overall 5 out of 5, it does everything you could realistically ask of a compact, and isn't too expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars just right for me...., 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Canon IXUS 115 HS Digital Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I don't claim to be that knowledgeable regarding cameras but i admit i did do some research before choosing this particular model.

My needs are very specific: i needed a 'point and shoot' camera that could take good close up (Macro) photo's. Really, that was my only need. I didn't need all the other functions that are crammed into modern cameras. I just needed literately to set it to macro and take pictures at very close range with the absolute minimum of fuss - no light tents etc.

Armed with a 'suitable subject' and my memory card I visited several Camera shops and tried the 'in-house stock'....this camera without doubt came out tops for my needs - the fact it does other stuff aswell is a bonus. It out performed more expensive SLR types for macro work with its standard lens and settings.....its compact - powerful, easy to set up and use with both a full auto setting (where the camera does everything) and a more relaxed 'self set' where you can choose the camera settings and ASA rating - and most importantly when money is short its very reasonably priced especially from Amazon. I'm sorry i can't comment on its performance in other areas...video etc but this may help the customer who like me wants excellent and above all easy to take 'close ups' without having to spend a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good little camera for a very good price, 19 Aug 2011
J. van-Wijgerden (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera in NZ after my camcorder broke down and I needed very quickly a camera to record movies and take pictures that was not going to break the bank (budget @200 NZ dollars - got it for 254...).

I found this little camera a bit of a gem. The camera itself is small, but still feels quite robust and should withstand a couple of knocks. It takes very reasonable pictures and I like both the auto and program settings. I do own a DSLR as well and although it's nowhere near to the picture quality of a DSLR, it certainly is very acceptable indeed.

The zoom range is fine for most people and it has got some likable picture modes in the settings. The one I used most was the taking a picture handheld in low light ('Handheld Nightscene'). The camera appears to be taking three or so shots in very quick succession and combining these to create a picture. It worked actually very well and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of it. A little blur was visible, but certainly one had to look fairly closely at it to detect this.

Movie mode is a bit more limited and don't expect too much quality from it. I played a recorded scene by the camera on a full HD television and although the quality was okay, the movie itself was quite soft in appearance and the colours were a bit washed out. Saying that, I was filming in bright light with the sun right in front of the camera. I would not advice to use this as a replacement camcorder.... Overall though I thought it was certainly good enough and the quality won't distract you from re-living the memory.

Battery life was impressive as well. A Disneyland trip from 09.00 - 23.30 with quite a lot of video and pictures taken and the battery wasn't ever close to flat!

The time of the flash recharging after taking a picture is very good as well. I'd say it's less than 3 seconds and unless you want to shoot quickly, it's not a problem.

Overall, it is a great little camera that gives a lot of camera for the money you pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, 14 April 2011
Speedy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this after having bought a Nikon S3100, which had very poor picture quality. this camera looks great and the Grey is really nice, makes a difference from the usual black. Picture quality is superb and the HD movies are great quality and do allow you to zoom in. The Auto mode works really well so if you're in a rush to take a picture this will do it right every time. Great camera, great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 20 Jun 2011
This is a super camera. Very easy to use.(Im hopeless with anything technical)Good clear pictures and the zoom function is very good too. The video is also very good. In all a an excellent camera for a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 27 May 2011
I bought this camera for my girlfriend and she is thrilled with it, she especially loves the quality of the pictures you can take in low light conditions.

Good points:
The Canon IXUS 115 HS is small and fun to use. The auto mode produces excellent photos and there is a huge range of useful and fun modes to play around with. There are lots of great deals around for this camera so the value for money is excellent.

Bad points:
With all of the options to chose from, switching out of auto mode can be a bit daunting at first.

5.0 out of 5 stars cannon ixus camera, 9 July 2011
This is a great camera for a point and shoot, i bought this the day before i went away so kept it on the auto function as i didn't have the time to look at all the features.My pictures came out great.The digital zoom is good. The camera looks great in blue its very differant. i am happy with the look and size of the camera and would
buy it again