5.0 out of 5 stars SIX stars
As a performing musician and DJ I always want to capture "the" moment so, my criteria are; point and shoot, low light, hd video and stereo sound. Well this comes up trumps on all fronts. The most amazing thing is, the low light shooting in HD, there is no camera shake, not even shudder in images sweeping from side to side. And it beats my camcorder hands down. The fill in...
Published on 9 July 2011 by Johnyfish

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps it's a bit delicate?
I bought this to replace an excellent Canon Ixus 850iS which had suffered from the lens not retracting.

The first one I received was most of the time emitting a continuous tone from the speaker - unless one was recording a video - so I sent it back for a replacement which was processed without a problem.

The second one's fine - except that I've badly...
Published on 11 Sep 2011 by David Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but with reservations, 7 Nov 2011
D. J. Burrows "David Burrows" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon IXUS 310 HS Digital Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 4.4x Optical Zoom) 3.2 inch Touchscreen LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this camera because it was a Canon and for the f2 lens. It is a nice solid, largely metal camera which is nice to use, especially with the large touch screen. But it is unfortunately let down by the results. The pictures are overcompressed, causing lack of detail and the colours are unnatural at all settings. Video is however quite good if you can hold the camera still.

You can transform the results incredibly by installing the CHDK firmware (look it up on Google) which allows you to capture RAW images but you shouldn't really have to do this with a camera at this price level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 27 Aug 2011
I was about to purchase the 220 HS when i noticed the 310 HS had been released so i went for it... and i was not disappointed at all, this is a great compact camera, 12.1 mega pixels, giving brilliant pictures but the HD video with STEREO sound was the clincher for me... i used it straight away filming a friends band playing live at a local concert .. i then ran it through my TV that is linked to my AV amp...and WOW what a great video and terrific sound,,, so if you are looking for this type of camera seriously consider the Ixus 310 HS...my only small gripe is you do not get a memory card or case for your money..i got a case for 6.00 & and a 16Gig memory card for 14.00. i have also realized that if you want to shoot longish movies then the battery runs low quite quickly,,, so i got a backup battery for 5.00..

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this camera, 30 Aug 2011
I've owned a Canon Ixus 95 IS for more than a year now. It takes beautiful pictures and I like it very much.
When my mom asked me to find a camera for her I immediately looked for a new Canon and the IXUS 310 HS seemed like a good deal with good reviews, so I ordered it.
Few days later it arrived , I unpacked it and started taking pictures with auto settings, just point and shoot like most people who are not pro-photographers do. The pics looked good but I wasn't impressed considering the price of the camera.
So I decided to do an experiment and go outside to take 2 or 3 shots of the same subjects from the same position.
I took the best shots from each camera and compared them . Well I was amazed that the Ixus 95 pictures were sharper and overall nicer than the Ixus 310.
I showed it to my mum and she agreed with me. She doesn't care about fancy features and touch screen what she wants are good quality pictures. Immediately returned the camera. Refunded from Amazon so great service from them.
I would advise you look elsewhere unless you want to buy a digital camera that takes worse pictures than one half its price.
I have the comparison on flickr for anyone interested but can't post the url in here as it's not allowed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Problem with the Flash, 4 Feb 2012
Generally this camera is a pretty decent piece of kit and has a nice style to it. It has many good features and performs well in low light levels, which is just as well considering what it can't do.

The main problem I have found is that when using the flash in dark setting, like a club or bar, I found the bottom right corner is always darker than the rest of the picture. I experimented and found that the lens and telescopic casing actually slightly obscures the flash causing the scene being shot not to be sufficiently lit. Most children have played with their hands over a light and made shapes on the wall have realised that when you put one thing in front of a light source, it will create shadows - apparently no one in the Canon design team thought of that.

I visited the Canon support desk and they did nothing other than suggesting I increase the overall brightness of the picture, so no compensation and I am stuck with an unsatisfactory product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Ixus 310 HS, 28 May 2014
An excellent little camera which does all I asked for and more. Performs very well in low light situations. in low light situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 12 Jan 2014
I have been really pleased with this camera, great picture quality from such a small piece of equipment.. Would recommend it`s use to all average photographers for family and holiday snaps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately unable to make full use, 28 Oct 2013
The camera is fine,but the manual is in German. I have the disc but my computer is "dead" and so unable to to access instructions.I'll
There is nothing on the packaging to indicate it was intended for the German market.

The supplier was incredibly helpful with getting me to the English menu, but I am unable to move forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Canon Cracker, 17 April 2012
Having always had good camera,s I looked long and hard as to what would suit my needs for a compact camera I could put in my pocket and take with me at all times. The "Cannon IXUS 310 HS" has fitted the bill perfectly, it has performed better than expected with easy to use and understand touch screen controls. I would be happy to recomend it to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiot proof, 8 Feb 2012
This camera is compact but feels robust. As a non-photographer I found it easy to shoot good quality pictures and take videos. I then bought a camera case, which is rather necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars CANON IXUS 310 HS, 8 Oct 2011
M. Dobson "Mike D" (uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this model a little while ago, which arrived quickly. I am generally very pleased with its performance, which I have to say that apart from sticking it on manual in order to take quick burst frames, I use it onto auto. It has thus far produced very good, well lit and clear sharp images in most circumstances including indoor lighting. Though my last camera was an Ixus, it was very old and only 4MP, so this 12MP will obviously seem much better.I especially wanted this one for its wide angle shooting capability, it goes as far as 24mm, which I find a real bonus much of the times. I even find most shots in at this angle are sharp and look good.