5.0 out of 5 stars Cathy Glass you Star!
Another book by Cathy Glass, i'm a big fan and this once again is brilliantly written. As it is short, and one of the quick reads it also means you can read this book quickly and see if you get a feel for what Cathy writes if you've never read her books before!
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by blahdeblah

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quick read
It's quite nice to see the story from the other side,through the eyes of the child.Good read,not long enough for me.
Published 19 days ago by K black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathy Glass you Star!, 14 Sep 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Runaway, 6 Mar 2012
Lance Mitchell (Hampshire, UK, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dad's a Policeman (Kindle Edition)
Cathy Glass is a foster parent, so she writes this story based on experience.

Ryan never knew his Dad, but he has to tell people something, and that something is in the title. It transpires that his mother may not even know who his Dad was, as he and his much-loved brother, Tommy, were both conceived during drunken one-night stands. His mother is almost ALWAYS drunk.

Ryan is taken into care, and is separated from his brother. He makes plans and runs away. His best friend takes a risk to harbour him.

The pace is fast, and it is easy to read the whole story in one sitting.

I liked this even more as there were reflections of my own childhood. No, my mother was not forever drunk, and I was not taken into care. But my parents split up when I was very young, and I was forever running away. I like to think that those experiences enhanced my education.

This is a good story, and it could easily have been extended to show what happened to the various characters in the following years. Perhaps Cathy Glass will write that story some day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book, 7 Feb 2011
Ryan lives with his mother and younger brother on a run down council estate.
Ryan's mum is an alcoholic and can't look after them. Suddenly Ryan and his brother are taken into care and separated to live with different foster carers. The book is about Ryan's efforts to find his brother so that they can live together as before. Cathy tells the story in the voice of the 12 year old Ryan. Although the book is shorter than her memoirs it certainly packs the action in!
Very enjoyable and the update on Cathy's website is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a small book!, 28 July 2011
Good read but was a very short book, which is not what I am use to from Cathy but still a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing :), 19 May 2011
This review is from: My Dad's a Policeman (Kindle Edition)
when I first read the synopsis for this book i though "it's cheap so it's probably gonna be a bit on the crap side" but as soon as I started reading I couldn't put it down. Every turn of the page made me want to read more. It was a very touching story but also a very true story that i think many people could relate to. I would recommend this to anyone but think that maybe it's more suited to people over the age of 14/15 as it has some bad bits that I would recommend young teenagers or children read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 April 2013
The best author and person ever wonderfull Cathy glass read all of her books and just ordered don'ttake my bbaby reccomend anyone of her books

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but extremely quick, 15 April 2011
This review is from: My Dad's a Policeman (Kindle Edition)
First off i have to say i love love Cathy Glass books. I downloaded this to read over the easter holiday and realised it said quick read but it literally took about a maximum of 2 hours on and off. Really good but not as in depth or descriptive as some of her others. Would recommend for s short car/train journey perhaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars REMARKABLE, 15 May 2011
Mrs. Luckett Vansull (Isle of Wight uk) - See all my reviews
Remarkable book, once you start, you just can't put it down, real story written through the eyes of Ryan whose's mum drinks and unable to look after him properly. I felt a great deal of sympathy for Ryan who is a very intelligent and lovable boY, very well written

5.0 out of 5 stars So true., 30 Jun 2014
Relates to so many children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014