Size: Large/X-Large|Colour: Dark Grey (India Ink)|Change

on 16 May 2013
Looking for a travel hat that would be suitable for both sun and rain. While on holidays there was plenty of sun, back home now and it shouldn't be long before it can be tested with the rain.
The hat is of good quality but the main reason for this review is how the product size is described. Small/Medium, what kind of size description is that? For the benefit of other potential purchasers the measuring tape has been dug out.
Small/Medium has an inside circumference of about 56cm / 22 inches.
Hope that helps.
33 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2013
This hat is extremely comfortable:lightweight and airy AND It has UV protection built in. It can be squashed flat then shaken out to its shape. I was concerned about the size, "small to medium" but it fits well and there is even a narrow band for "fine tuning". I thought that the strap might feel a little scratchy, but it is detachable for wearing if there is little wind. The whole thing is very well made and well designed. I am very glad that I bought it.
on 21 November 2012
Great product as you would expect from Berghaus. However take care of the sizing, I ordered "medium" I returned it for a large which is perfect as one can adjust the headband to suit different conditions, i.e. windy=tighter, ordinary=slacken off.
on 7 April 2012
Used this when I was working out in Ethiopia. Performed well and lasted. Good quality material, breathable and the best bit is that it can be folded and put in bags or pockets then returns to shape when removed. Recommended.
on 1 November 2011
I bought this hat for camping holidays, to double as a sun and rain hat. It is a good fit, and although the brim lacks shape, it should do what I need. Unfortunately I'm comparing it with Tilley hats which are a much better shape, but this one is good for stuffing in a panier bag on my bicycle, and keeping the rain from going down the back of my neck.
on 13 August 2014
I had been looking for a hat to wear whilst doing the west highland way. And when I seen this I new right a way this was the hat for me. There a few draw backs about this hat it can become very hot and sweaty and the brim can be a bit flimsy in the wind. But for the price you can't crumble. But on a positive note when the rain started my head was nice and dry. And when the sun was out at its highest my ears and neck were well protected. I shall be wearing this hat on my next adventure .
on 11 April 2013
This is good value and works well - I have a slightly than average larger head and have great difficultly finding hats to fit and look okay - and this is brilliant in every aspect - it even has a little detail that you can hook the string onto the top button of a shirt (at least I think that's what is for) so it won't fly off in the wind. For the money it is excellent value and packs away really small. Definitely worth buying if you want an inexpensive sun hat.
on 15 July 2013
Bought this hat for general use whilst out and about in the unusal summer sun we have at the moment. Nicely built hat and feels good to wear and comfortable.
on 18 April 2012
I must admit that vanity played a part in selecting this hat. They're not the most fashionable items, but this was the best I found, and was pleased with it as a product. It did the job by protecting my head in very hot desert conditions, and that's what it's there for!
on 25 July 2013
i would recommend this hat to any one.keeps the sun from your head and the glare from yours eyes. i love it.