on 29 March 2011
I saw this product and thought it would be ideal. Didnt really want a bar-end mirror on my MTB as i already have erognomic grips with built in bar ends (and i REALLY like those - they're well worth the money).

Didnt want a standard [olde fashioned] handlebar mirror as it would spoil look of my lovely modern MTB bike, i thought. So bought this item.

PROs

Fitting was dead easy.

Procuct is reasonable quality - though a bit pricey for what it is IMHO.

Image in mirror doesnt vibrate when riding - which is good.

CONs

But ... it is really quite difficult to see much in it when riding.

Even with the larger size that i bought, you have to move your head around in order to see anything much in this mirror. Its like a small, badly designed car wing mirror (with loads of blind spots) ... and with a leg in the way!!

And, unless you bend your leg outwards while pedalling, you wont see much in any case. And whilst looking all around the mirror to try to see what is behind you, you could hit somthing in front of you.

Got to the point where i just stopped using it.

For the record, it was adjusted carefully. I could make people behind me out, but they were small and it took too long to get a good look behind (lots of head moving - blind spots - small mirror)

Some people have said this is as good as the rear view mirror in their car. I drive on the motorway every day and would ditch this instantly if it was on my car.

Nice idea ... shame it didnt work (though I really wanted it to, BTW).

Will be taking it off at weekend.
:-(

PS:
If you have a saddle bag then this mirror is useless as the bag will be in its direct line of sight. My bag is tiny but I still had to take it off as it was blocking the mirror.
on 28 May 2012
I never got used to this mirror and gave up on it fairly quickly. On my bike the only viable mounting position was very low.
This meant peering down for some time whilst trying to make out vehicles through my legs. During this procedure I was in danger of hitting whatever was in front of me.
I also kept knocking it with my legs and then needing to readjust it.
I soon reverted to just looking over my shoulder.
From other reviews, it would appear that this is a personal thing. It may be perfect for you, but it soon made its way into my bin.
on 24 March 2013
By placing your right leg at the top of the pedal stroke you get a very clear and unrestricted view of whats on your tail
The wider option mirror is the better of the two.
on 20 December 2012
Excellent product
I suffer from a stiff neck and this gives me a good view of other riders when we are in a group and approaching traffic
on 21 December 2013
I already own a bike eye myself, which I find is brilliant especially the vibration free view you receive,hence I have purchased this as a present.
on 9 July 2014
From other reviews, these seem to be a "love-hate" product. Personally I think it's excellent. I have a stiff neck so looking behind was always hit and miss; it's great to have a decent rear view and this really does work. It's much better than bar end mirrors, which IME tend to wobble a lot and get broken easily.

Only provisos - you have to get used to looking at the right time (so you don't just end up looking at your own leg!) and you don't want a pannier on the same side as the mirror. With those small limitations, I'd recommend this to any roadie or tourist.
on 5 September 2013
The mirror gives a very restricted view behind and then only between legs! Would be improved by a more flexible mounting system.
on 16 May 2014
This mirror is excellent. It gives a good all round behind image and is unobtrusive. The image is large enough to determine clearly who is behind.
on 16 June 2014
bought this as where I live the roads aren't always quiet country lanes and on the main roads was getting neck ache looking back when attempting clearing and crossing a junction, easy to apply and line up needs slight adjustment when changing riding position but easily done, you have to wait until your leg is at top stroke on the pedal and the view behind you is given through the gap under your thigh, the mirror is slightly magnified which is a great feature and gives a clear view of the road and traffic coming behind it's design is non obtrusive and often you forget the mirror is even there great addition lightweight for what it is great purchase have recommended it already to other road cyclists that I know
on 15 June 2011
Does what it says on the label in terms of improving a riders safety.
Unfortunately I returned my first one after only a couple of months fair
weather use because moisture was getting in between the back of the glass
and the 'silvering' causing a permanent creeping stain/discoloration around the edge and
across part of the mirror face.
This was replaced but within a couple of months the same thing happened to a greater
degree, a major issue! Seems a problem with the glass to silvering bond.A shame.