5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
2nd pair i bought,great sound, better than my £100+ Audio Technica ones, light weight, all round fantastic value, take up no space hardly, fold flat, the sound is a tad basey, i suppose, but suits me sir!
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by rich

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight but not so comfortable
Bought them for price and design. Sound is good, but they are not too comfortable on the ears. Had to buy another bigger and better pair.
Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by d.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: JVC HA-S160-R-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Red (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good, 16 Sept. 2011
perfect portable headphones, good sound/bass, light and comfortable, good price, got it very quick, looks very nice and seems good build

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-S160-R-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Red, 24 Jun. 2013
I bought these headphones after reading the good reviews on Amazon... and also as they're a great red colour.

These headphones for the price are just terrific. I have a few low cost headphones, including the brilliant Sennheiser HD201 Headphones, but I wanted headphones that looked okay (and didn't make me look like a bumblebee) wearing them going to/from work. These headphones look cool. They fit great, and are really comfortable to wear and don't slip off your head. They fold away flat too which is handy, and they have a sturdy cable that I think is just the right length - not too long.

Sound wise - fantastic. A little more bass heavy than the 'neutral' Sennheiser HD201 Headphones, but not too bassy IMO. For just over a tenner you would be silly not to get a pair. I am buying another pair of a different colour - just because I can.

I compared them with our boy's Dr Dre Beats. The sound definition maybe isn't just quite as tight and crisp ,and for sure looks wise, they just do not make the same statement, but as a listening experience they aren't a million miles away... And Good Grief, they are a ten times cheaper than Beats! Honestly - smashing wee cans. Do your ears a favour, get a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Lightweight, Great Sound, 19 Sept. 2012
S. Emberson (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased these at an airport departure hall, as I needed them last minute. I paid considerably more than Amazon, but they are worth it. I don't find bud style headphones cancel out enough background. These cancel out enough, but you can still have some idea what is going on around you which I prefer, especially when out and about. Red is cool. They are durable and lightweight and can rest around your neck easily if you need to remove them quickly as they turn flat to face your chest. I want to buy some more as I like the colours and the sound is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC folding head phones, 30 Dec. 2012
good product fit well and give a good sound. my 11 year old son uses them with his phone or Ipod and loves them. Good price and turned up quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Aug. 2012
This is my 2nd pair of these excellent heaphones,nothing wrong with rhe 1st just wanted a spare & at this price they are
affordable

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC red, 24 Dec. 2012
Exactly what I expected and wanted. Nice and light and bright colour so everyone in office knows they're mine. Maybe these ones won't disappear ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab! But not for kids., 4 Sept. 2014
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had my red JVC headphones for a good 3 or more years now. I've had absolutely no problems with them at all the sound is amazing on my laptop, Samsung phone, tablet and even occasionally plugged into the tv when I'm gaming (admittedly i have to sit fairly close to the tv, the cable is perfect length for phone, tablet and laptop though). Anyhow my nephew was bought the same ones but his didn't last long at all due to him being a kid and not knowing how to look after his things properly. Or mine as it happens since he borrowed mine briefly and somehow ended up breaking the left ear piece extension part so i really wouldn't recommend for "boisterous" kids.

I looked at different headphones to buy and some more expensive ones but why bother? I know these are brilliant i know they are much better than the £30 SkullCandy ones i bought my father at Xmas. It doesn't matter if they are cheap they are brilliant and comfortable and not a rip off like the more popular expensive ones. I'm not one for being fussy over what sounds come out of my headphones so long as they aren't tinny and can reach a good sound level for me i'm happy and these really are a solid sound you don't need your volume super high to hear great out of them at all. My new ones shall be gorgeous violet coloured but the red ones are gorgeous too. Definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, fit in coat pocket, 10 April 2013
Bought these to take to football - good sound and fit in coat pocket when not in use. Just the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC Headphones, 30 Mar. 2013
Very good quality of sound and very good value for money. I previously used the horrible things that you stick in your ears - and with me they would never stay in. These headphones were the ideal answer.