Published on 30 April 2012 by RhonArt

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really useful for European readers
A number of the processes rely on propietary products sold by Lhotka's own DASS. Since the formulation of those products are not revealed, it's not a matter of do it yourself but rather buy it yourself. Regrettably, for us not living in the USA, the shipping costs are hugely expensive, so we only can use those processes that use common substances like alcohol and gelatine
Published 12 months ago by W. De Winter

5.0 out of 5 stars "Digital Alchemy" an exciting new book by Bonny Pierce Lhotka, 30 April 2012
A very interesting book with lots of brilliant, creative ideas for printing on other materials than paper. However, I do find that some of the ideas "suitable for an inexpensive desktop printer" are not really all that suitable and most of the printers that can be seen in the book appear to be A3 size - which, for us "hobbyists" are not always within our preferred price range! However, the book is excellent and certainly gets those creative juices flowing, and has inspired me to get back a bit more to experimentation rather than just using "Photoshop" techniques. The results of her work are stunning, as are her images in her "Digital Art Studio" book, which shows techniques for combining Inkjet Printing with traditional Art Materials and was written in co-operation with Dorothy Simpson Krause and Karin Schminke. I shall keep my eyes open for further books by this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really useful for European readers, 26 Mar. 2014
W. De Winter - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars extend digital printmaking skills, 28 Feb. 2011
Mrs. S. Le Masurier (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a well written book with a lot of info, my only real criticisms are firstly that it is written for the US market and some of the products are not readily available in the uk, and secondly it is expensive!