5.0 out of 5 stars The best invention ever!
Published on 9 May 2008 by R. E. Oultram

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea and product but were disappointed
The bookcase is a very good idea. When assembled looks good in the nursery
and works well. When unpacking the bookcase we were very disappointed to find that one of the uprights had been split and glued back together. I also had to redrill some of the screw fixing holes as they were totally out of alignement.
We think it is overpriced for the finished product.
Published on 14 Jan 2009 by tjgzh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best invention ever!, 9 May 2008
R. E. Oultram - See all my reviews
This is a brilliant invention - kids books are so floppy and fiddly and differently shaped that a "normal bookcase" can't cope. This is why Tidy Books is such a great buy - it's also a brilliant use of space - very very slim, at the moment we have ours on the landing, it fits flat to the wall and my kids can just pick and choose the books when they want, giving them a lot of reading independence without all the mess of books all over the place!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Tidy Books Children's Bookcase (Clear, Lowercase) (Baby Product)
This is quite possible my favorite item purchased this year! I love it and so does my two year old son!! I like it so much I wouldn't mind one for myself!

The book case was really easy to put together in next to no time at all. It is very sturdy and well made, it is also a doddle (realy easy) to fix to wall. You can buy this case just plain with no alphabet, but I am so pleased I didn't, the lettering is bold and beautiful and adds a fantastic finishing touch to my sons bedroom, as well as being a real talking point!

The sizes and dimensions are great, with each shelf being set at different heights for different sizes of books, I have stocked the shelves and they are chocker (full) but I haven't counted to see how many it holds, although the seller claims it can hold up to 85 books.

The whole case is a little taller than my son which makes the top shelf slightly too high for him to reach, but as this product has clearly been made to last I have no doubts it will still be in his room when he is old enough to reach

Can't recommend this product enough, although very pricey, if it lasts as long I as expect it to it will be worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!, 23 Jan 2012
I have a tidy book bookcase and it is excellent. I was fed up with a untidy normal book cases and childs books everywhere I looked at home. I seemed to spend my whole evening picking them up. However, when the tidy bookcase arrived, things changed immediately, Not only can it hold loads of book of all sizes, the kinds love it! From an assembly point of view, it is a piece of cake, and the quality is excellent - take note, IKEA, this is how to make things! Really solid, no sharp edges, easy to assemble and fix. What more could you ask for?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bookcase!, 9 Mar 2012
This is a lovely bookcase, nice and slim so doesn't take up much room. It holds a lot of books so no worries there. Only thing is, to a 2 year old it looks rather like a ladder so beware of little ones trying to climb! You secure it to the wall so it's not too dangerous in that respect, I just didn't anticipate my son climbing to the top!
Very good quality and easy to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 17 Sep 2013
Good quality, very attractive and the children love sitting next to it to read their favourite books in our book corner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy Books - a product that lives up to its promise., 26 Sep 2011
G. J. Cooke Esq (London, England) - See all my reviews
My young daughter isn't yet two but she loves books. And she has a lot - all of them different shapes and sizes. The Tidy Books Bookcase is perfect - it holds a lot more than you'd expect without taking up a lot of space. Being a poor DIY man, I always order stuff I have to assemble with some trepidation but this was a breeze. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it!, 12 Sep 2011
Having discovered this bookcase whilst surfing several months ago i fell in love with todybooks instantly! I was taken by the design and knew that i wanted it for my little boy so we treated him to this for his first birthday !

When i was a child i loved books and to read so he has amassed a fair collection already! Whilst tidybooks are a little more expensive than your average bookcase i have to say they are worth every single penny! The appeal is that your child can see their books face on and its easy for them to see and choose their own books.

Since owning our tidybooks, my little boy has played with his books more frequently in the past 4 weeks than he had in the past year. He now freely goes to the bookcase and takes out his favorites and brings them to me! Its presence also serves as a great reminder to read to him and spend time special time together with his books aswell as a fair few admiring glances from family and friends!

It was really easy to put together and great quality too! You wont be disappointed !

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy Books Bookcase - lower case letters, 6 Mar 2011
We love this bookcase! Bought for my daughter's very tiny room and it's great - almost flat to the wall and fits loads of different sized/shaped books. Lower case letters are a nice touch too as she is starting to learn the alphabet and recognises mummy's letter, daddy's letter etc... I would recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 22 Sep 2010
Great idea but found that when I was putting it together that some of the holes for the screws were in the wrong place. you would think for that price they would get it right, I didnt make a complaint so I cant say about the service, just figured I had just about the same chance of getting another one with the same problem again. Anyway my child loves it, it make it easy for him to tidy the books back himself and doesn't take up too much space.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great purchase!, 27 July 2009
Mrs. J. C. Brookes (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bookcase to go in my 10 month old daughters playroom. I didn't want the usual sort of bookcase that takes up lots of room and intrudes on the space in the room. This bookcase has been brilliant. It was packed very well and was easy to assemble. It has also proven to be very sturdy as my daughter crawls over to it and pulls herslf up to stand using the shelves. I like the way it enables her to access the books easily as she is able to take them off the shelves herself,we havent yet been able to teach her to put them back! All in all a good bookcase that looks great!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›