5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
I bought this for my father to help him understand my three teenage boys.

The boys speak in what seems like a foreign language and this book was the perfect translator.

My 71 year old father now has a much extended vocabulary which is hilarious!

A must buy!!
Published on 18 Aug 2010 by Batney

3.0 out of 5 stars Urban slang
Bought this for my husband who decided he wanted to send emails to friends using "street" language. Unfortunately, this didn't really fit the bill and he was disapointed with it.
Published on 29 May 2012 by C. Ledingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 18 Aug 2010
I bought this for my father to help him understand my three teenage boys.

My 71 year old father now has a much extended vocabulary which is hilarious!

A must buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Off the Hizzle., 29 Dec 2005
The popular website turns into the eponymous book. In an age where keepin up with popular cultural terms is becoming increasingly difficult, this book manages to capture as much breath as possible while remaining light-hearted enough to not represent itself as an authority. This careful balance makes it a winner. I would strongly recommend it as a gift for 'the person who has everything' as it makes for intriguing can't-take-your-hands-off-it reading. No coffee table is complete without it. Any journalist is naked without it. And maybe parents would enjoy it just for the sake of understanding what their children are actually saying. One, Money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Urban Dictionary: Fularious Street Slang Defined Aaron Peckham, 13 Feb 2013
I am 70 years old. I bought this so that I could keep up with my seven grandchildren and have text a few of the phrases to them. They were 'well' impressed. I am up and poppin' now. I recommend it to all grandparents especially if you are on facebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Translating slang., 21 Mar 2014
I recently read a book by an American author, it made some reference to words and phrases which appear in here. Some of the slang and their translations are hilarious. The book was in good condition, exactly as described and very reasonably priced. Delivery was quick, overall pleased. I gave it 4 stars as it is not as up to date as the online version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 Dec 2009
P. Gyambibi-barnett (london) - See all my reviews
I got this for a friend's birthday and she loves it, however it seems to have more American slang than British slang but it is very current.

3.0 out of 5 stars Urban slang, 29 May 2012
C. Ledingham (London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars essential in modern living, 4 Dec 2005
By A Customer
Nowadays no one speaks english any more, more of a highly complex mixture of widely used "urban" words to form comprehendable sentences. The words used can vary widely from different parts of the country and can easily be adapted to include many new words for new things and habits. Just listen to your average skate "dude" talk and you'll see how easy it is to adapt to using such words. But be warned, you may find yourself using these words and phrases, although this may not be a bad thing, it may lead to "the degeneration of society as we know it"! Now we couldn't have that could we... ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Street slang, 20 Jun 2012
Ms. S. M. Walters (UK) - See all my reviews
Not what I wanted. I wanted facebook slang and letters of abbreviation. It is not even interesting, what more can I say..