on 28 November 2011
this product arrived really quickly, lovely bottle and easy to use. I have been using it now for about 3 weeks on my face,neck, chest and hands. my skin feels amazing, i will never us moisturiser again!
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2012
I'm so impressed with this product - its amazing. I only use it for hair, but i really cant praise it enough in that department.
I have been dying my hair blonde for ten years and the damage really began to show. I used to have lovely hair!! It was so shiny and grew fast and dried quick just no damage at all and i was always complimented on it! Well i thought those days were long out the window..... I appear to have killed it.
I have tried everything and i mean EVERYTHING, i've spent hundreds of pounds on products that promised to make my hair nice, but to no avail, nothing worked and i thought i'd never have my naturally nice hair back again...well maybe i would if i stopped dying, drying, and generally making it look presentable for the next however many years. Who can do that really, i like to look nice so i couldnt possibly leave it natural for that long in the state it was in!! I was determined to find that magic product that would help me.
So anyway, i have tried everything over the years as i say, and spent an awful lot on false promises. I thought my next try would be a famous brand of oil that i wont mention the name of here, but after a browse around the internet for a while i realised you can get a more pure and natural version, and decided to go in that direction. Out of all the natural oils on here I tried Billy in the Tree purely because its got a nice bottle ...with a goat on it haha. Well, what can i say, i am blown away!! Liuid gold indeed!! I finally have my lovely, naturally soft, shiny, fast growing, fast drying, healthy inside and out hair back!!! After years of abuse and years of trying things that just didnt work!! Woohoo!
I can tell you that it does work a miracle - i brought this a few months ago (bottles lasts ages and ages by the way), so i'm not writing a review after a day or two, ive been using it for a few months now and the benefits dont fade away, there is no build up and your hair doesnt start to resist it after a while.
You can totally tell that its got no hidden nastys in the ingrediants, you can tell its just pure. Also you can tell that it is fixing my hair from within - as it doesnt not work if you havent used it for a week, the effect really has come from within my hair, if i dont use it for a while the healthiness of the hair that this oil has brought is still there, its not like a conditioner that makes your hair nice just when youve used it, its a permanant fix. Great!!
Just apply it all over your hair before you shower, i sometimes leave it for half an hour, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes directly before - it depends how much time i have really and i dont think it matters too much. I also put just one - two drops rubbed into my hand applied to the hair as a serum after drying, originally did this for frizzys but the more you use it the less ive need to do this as obviously there is alot less damage - so i harldy do it at all now. If you put too much on this way (as a serum) you will know about it and it may look greasy so just a tiny bit on the ends, but when putting it on before washing it doesnt matter if theres too much as it washes out a dream.
Oh one thing i will add too, my boyfriend asked me what i had done to my hair after day 3, he said it looked the nicest hes ever seen it....this is coming from a man who didnt notice when i dyed it a different shade haha! And also that was only day 3, i hadnt even really took notice of the effects myself yet, as i was a bit dubious.
Anyway its been a few months now, the effects seem to be a permenent fix for my damaged hair. Its fuller its shinier i have next to no split ends it doesnt break anymore it grows faster its just lovely i have a halo shine, first time since childhood.
If your reading this review then you are considering- stop now and buy it, you wont look back.
Oh one last thing, take a look at Billy in the Trees own website, it tells you about their business, its nice little site they seem like nice people - not a big faceless company, i like that :) x
99 comments|273 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2013
Since I have been using the argan oil my skin is so much softer, I don't break out as much. I use it all over my body, it's makes you feel good about your skin.... Thank you
on 10 June 2011
Discovered this product from Billy in the Tree, which was the most competitively priced, on line and I have been using this every day both for face and hands. It's a wonderful all round product which I would certainly buy again.
on 19 November 2013
Had used another much more expensive brand of argan oil before trying this. I was encouraged by the great price and the positive reviews. They were not wrong!

Billy in the Tree argan oil is superb value for such a top class product. It is a joy to use. My favourite way is to clean my face and then apply 5 drops onto wet skin- it spreads so well and when the water evaporates you are left with a sheer film of oil and young looking and feeling skin. I have never liked using a moisturizer underneath foundation as it always felt to heavy and oily. This technique solves the problem and I have already noticed improvements in my skin after just a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to trying the other blends that they sell.

Highly recommend!!!
on 10 October 2014
I bought 50ml bottle of Argan oil from QVC, costing £42. I was ignorant. When the bottle ran out, I looked on Amazon, where I saw exactly the same oil for £12 from Billy in the Tree. And it was 100ml. It is absolutely wonderful. As a moisturiser it is great, never "oily" and it is the same on my hair. The doggies' paws are treated to it when they get a bit dry. I really cannot praise Billy in the Tree highly enough. It is a pure, natural, non-allergenic product, without any additives - it is inexpensive, too. I was so angry with QVC for leading me up the garden path that I vouched never to buy anything from them again! Thank you Billy in the Tree for a first class product. Maggie
on 12 December 2012
Can't recommend this enough! A friend recommended it to me, really sorted out the dry and oily skin! Moisturisers out....argan oil in!!!
on 5 September 2011
The oil is fantastic. It soaks in easily and makes my skin feel really soft, no oily film as I had expected. the delivery was quick as well. I will buy this item again.
the only disadvantage is the smell: it smells quite nutty but I added a few drops of essential oil and it is ok now.
on 5 August 2011
Am so pleased to have found a company that are not asking over the odds for this gift of nature. Argan oil is the active ingredient in many over priced salon versions that stick in a bit of fragrance and charge almost three times the price at a massive mark up.
Had friendly reassuring response from Billy in the Tree to confirm my order, which arrived very promptly. Nicely yet not over packaged, this oil is a life saver for very dry coarse hair. This one comes with a dropper but am decanting into pump action spray bottle to mist my hair lightly with it after towel drying, as it makes it go further. It is better though to store the majority of it in the tinted bottle it came in to preserve it's shelf life, and you can always rub it into your hands then hair (conditioning the hands at the same time.
I leave this product in rather than rinsing, hence misting it, to keep it light, but i do have very dry thick long coarse n curly hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft, looking shinier as well as keeping the frizz at bay for a few days between washes.
Perhaps due to water repelling properties, I'm not sure how, but it definately does take much less time to dry my hair after using this too! If you're looking for a better value product than the Morroccan Oil from the salon, this ones worth atry for any frizz heads out there!
44 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2014
I like the oil but it needs to be mixed with other hair products. I do not like the dropper as it doesnt collect much oil. The bittle has a posh design but the oil doesn't spread well, I would not recommend for Afro-Carribean hair types unless your mixed. I will not buy again as it is over priced and low in quantity.