5.0 out of 5 stars Make it simple, as simple as possible, but not simpler., 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
This watch offers almost everything that an everyday person would ever want from a watch without the fancy, flashy and useless functionalities that usually come along with similar watches. Does everything and still, it is extremely easy to use. I have already bought two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I could want in a watch, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
This autumn I relaised that everything I use to tell the time (computers, phone, ipad, wall clock, alarm clock) all switched over to GMT automotically. Except for my watch. When the strap broke and the face got badly scratched I realised that it was time for a new watch - one that would finally have all the features I had been looking for over the years.

First it had to look good yet be easily readable by my aging eyes. Then it had to be able to set the time automatically. Dual time was handy for when I'm away abroad (so the hands display local time, the LCD shows the time at home). Other goodies, alarms, stopwatch, timer weren't essential but they all seem to come along with the package.

So I had five short-listed candidates on my wish list for Xmas and my very kind friends selected the Casio LCW-100DSe. On Xmas morning it was the last of my pressies to be opened. I had a pretty good idea it was a watch, but which one? As I opened the tin containing the watch I almost dropped it - the hands started moving by themselves as soon as the lid came off. That's so cool!

How does it feel the next day? Pretty good. I have large wrists and the strap is surprisingly generous, I would guess that many people would need to shorten it. The claimed waterproofing survived this morning's shower. The illuminated face made it easy to read at night.

So far, excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars The watch that does everything, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
I wanted a watch that was radio controlled, solar powered, sapphire glass, waterproof for swimming, looked stylish and, importantly, wasn't too thick. This seems to be just about the only watch on the market that ticks all my boxes, and I'm pleased to say it looks even better in the flesh. At just 9.4mm it doesn't look too big on my fairly slim wrists. The only slight negative is that the black watch face is very reflective in bright light. Great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio LCW-M100DSE-1AER Watch, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
Watch arrived promptly considering two extra days required. As I removed it from the container the hands set themselves to the time. Battery was on medium charge but the watch was set to Paris time, but was easily changed to London time, this automatically set it to Daylight Saving Time (DST), and was spot on to the second. This is the second solar/radio controlled casio for me, I left the last one alongside a magnet - won't do that again. The hands and the dial makings are part shiny chrome finish and in some ways make the watch very visible but in certain lights is a bit glary. The watch band is huge and I had to remove three links for it to fit my wrist. It's fairly easy to do with one of the cheap pin extractors, though I did need my watchmakers screwdriver to fully tap the pins out. There is no guidance with the watch on how to do this but You Tube had the answer. The are little arrows inside the watch band to show which way to remove pins & don't miss the little collar inside the male part of the link (once the link is separated this collar can fall out and it's very small). I've had the watch several days now and am very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars fits my requirements, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
I was looking for a durable, easy to read and low hassle watch and this fits the bill perfectly.
Plus points
+ saphire glass so very scratch resistant
+ solar powered so no battery changes for several years
+ radio controlled perpetual calendar so no need for ajustments at the start of a new month or when daylight-saving kicks in
+ clean face with little clutter and good contrast with hands
Negatives
- face and glass are a bit too reflective in direct light situations
- very difficult to remove strap links - get the special tool or go to a jeweler.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an excellent watch, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
It has all the functions one can expect from a modern watch for daily usage. It has a refined and elegant design, rather slim and light. And, of course, the strongest point is the wave receiver that makes it run synchronously with the GMT gauge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about perfect., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
A very clear to read display. Perfect time keeping with radio updating. Working solar charging to give a very long battery life. An effective alarm, stopwatch and timer. A very aesthetically pleasing design with no plastic/resin incorporated into the strap that spoilt other Casio designs. I would be suprised if anyone could fairly criticise this watch, particularly at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy and not to be missed, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
This watch by no means an excellent watch I have ever had as a solar and radio controlled. First you might think it is too complicated to set, not really very easy by going through the manual which is very clear and with no ambiguity. I have done everything asked to be done in the first place before wearing it on my wrist. It is just a straight a way and with no fiddling around at all. I am now turned everything (all my clocks) to radio controlled. The watch is very rigid and no plastic incorporated with the stainless steel case or bezel. the colour is beautiful and the design is wonderful. I did not find it very heavy but such a watch of multiple function is absolutely worth the money I paid.
Pleased with the watch so far. I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Gorrilla's can wear this....., 7 Sep 2013
Dr. Anoop Sahal "Draks" (Northwest England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
......straight out of the box!
The band is massive! Extra links are always welcome, but this requires link removal for human wrists.

The removal of links in this watch is VERY difficult and I say dangerous, unless you have proper tools.

The links are held together by pins which are narrow and fit into the link very tightly.

You could poke a pin out with a very narrow jeweler's screwdriver whilst balancing the link edge on, but the force required to push the pin out is massive.

This makes the risk of the link flipping over and of you stabbing yourself with the poking device significant. The risk of scratching the band is high too.

I suggest that when you order the watch you go to an auction site and order a small vice like device that grips the link safely and pokes the pin out safely by way of a screw driven poker.

Or you could pay a jeweler to do it. A local jeweler wanted £10 !

The vice cost me £3.99 delivered!

The watch is LOVELY.

I personally do not find the face too reflective. It seems to be a brushed effect finish.

The watch mass is substantive and gives an impression of HIGH QUALITY. The links are solid and enhance the feel of expense.

The solar cell is about 1.5 cm of the centre of the face.

Time keeping is accurate. Setting is easy.

The manual is in a tiny font.

Waterproofing is good and allows me to clean my watch in an ultrasonic water bath, keeping the watch clean.

The watch glass is some type of ceramic and likely to resist light scrapes.

The watch came in a trade marked metal tin and was packed in foam and a plastic bag.

The battery charge indicated mid level out of the box. It has not increased from this level after 2 days use.

I hope the battery replacement is easy when it eventually fails to hold a charge. The watch is likely to last a long time.

The AMAZON price of the watch is the CHEAPEST I could find anywhere on the net.

Delivery was 3 days before indicated.

This is a cutting edge, quality product that I feel will last years and years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like it, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch (Watch)
+ looks very elegant I think
+ good combination of features in a case that's not too big (width and depth)
+ accurate time sync
+ solar works well so far (summer)
+ lume is still readable after 6.5 hours in the dark
- strap links hard to remove. Jeweller can do it though, or be very patient. Be careful not to lose the inserts from the links.
- if you're a perfectionist, check that the second hand hits the centre of the markers BEFORE removing the strap. I've read reviews where their watch did perfectly; mine is a tiny bit off.

Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch