4.0 out of 5 stars Good product
I bought this for 2 purposes : 1. to provide protection for the radio and 2. to make it easier to carry about.

Published on 19 July 2011 by Octiger

2.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit although very tight
I am afraid I returned it, mainly because I wanted a belt clip and couldn't fit the bits supplied to the case. The case itself was an excellent design and fitted very tightly. Not one to be put on and off frequently, although it may have stretched over time. The return and refund was very easy and trouble free.
Published on 19 Feb. 2013 by BMVMK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 19 July 2011
This review is from: iGadgitz Genuine Leather Case Cover Holder for Roberts Sports DAB 2 Radio - Black (Accessory)

As far as protection is concerned, I give it 5 stars. In view of the comment about the product being flimsy and not leather, I asked the supplier for info and was told that it's made from split leather. An Internet search will tell you all you need to know about this. Anyway, I'm happy that it IS made of leather and that it's well made. (Bought a camera case of similar construction last year and that's still in good shape despite having had a much rougher time than this radio case ever will.)

As for portability, I'm not quite so happy. I don't find the belt clip of any use - would have preferred a wrist strap, so I've threaded a camera wrist strap through a couple of the holes in the case. Don't think it will tear the leather, may fit a brass eyelet to be safe. And there's no hole to poke the aerial through - necessary on the train I was on at the weekend - so I'll have to make one with a hole punch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect!, 26 Feb. 2011
E.Meredith - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Before ordering this case I looked at the Tuv-luv case which is nearly twice the price, but I don't like the look of white stitching on black leather, so I ordered this one instead. So glad I did. Beautifully designed and made, I could not be more pleased.

It is made of soft, high quality, flawless leather, and has a hole in the top for the headphone socket. All the controls are exposed when the radio is in the case and it closes completely with a satisfying click when not in use, leaving the radio well-protected, which is just as well as I managed to drop mine three times on a hard floor before I had even turned it on. It has a marvellous strong clip on the back (removable) so you can clip it easily and quickly anywhere on your clothing.

It's elegance enhances the look of the radio and I thoroughly recommend this product without hesitation. It fits the radio perfectly, is well thought-out and looked as good as new after I got it wet whilst walking the dogs in the rain and had then been dried out near the aga. I am amazed at the price, it is a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 21 May 2011
Gail Ann Oliver (Mid-Glamorgan, South Wales United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Excellent item, quality product, very soft leather, well made, you can leave the belt clip off if you don't need to use it, very good fitting case, would highly recommended for Roberts Sport DAB radio.

2.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit although very tight, 19 Feb. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, 18 Sept. 2012
Item is not as advertised it looks to have a handy wire hook on pic! Speaker hole does not line up with radio belt clip too bulky, cheeply made with errors, can't understand who wrote other reviews! Returning it! Hampshire .

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall very good but no aerial hole, 21 July 2013
This is a nice case with a good finish that fits well. I feel pretty comfortable that the radio won't get a scratch or get damaged from being bumped. I always have my radio in a pocket and have no need to use the clip. This uses a little screw into the back of the case which the clip locks onto. This seems fairly solid but when clipped onto a belt I wouldn't have the utmost confidence that it couldn't fall off. As I'll never use it like that, it's not a problem for me.

The only gripe I have is that there is no hole for the aerial on the top of the case, ie when the front flap is flipped forward and covering the speaker, the aerial can't be extended. I need the aerial partially extended to get reception so I have to have the flap folded back which is a minor nuisance but doesn't really cause any problems, and doesn't significantly detract from a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Piece of Equipment, 14 Mar. 2013
P. F. Beddow "Pete" (England) - See all my reviews
This is an excelent case that seems well made. It fits the radio like a glove, all the holes line up well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - and item returned, 29 Aug. 2012
As a case to hold a portable item, a belt clip is essential to me - and mine didn't have one. Probably because the item packaging was partially open when it arrived. Other than that, this would have been a good buy. But gardening or DIY with this encased radio stuffed in a pocket would not have been good enough, so it had to go back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DAB case, 29 Dec. 2011
I researched this product and, like a fellow reviewer, also looked at a product at almost twice the price. As this was only a top up present for my husband, who absolutely loves his DAB Sport 2 radio, after reading the other reviews, I decided to purchase this one.

I was not disappointed when it arrived. The leather felt soft, but also strong enough for the purpose. My husband does lots of walking with our dog, so I knew the product would be used everyday, and would have to be robust enough for this. I was a little concerned when I looked at the size of the cover, as I feared the radio would not fit, but it fitted in beautifully, and you could access all necessary parts with ease. It has been used everyday since Christmas day, and is doing well so far!

I would recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine was too small for the radio to fit, 7 Sept. 2014
The case was so tight I couldn't actually get the radio all the way in it. I was afraid of damaging the radio so didn't push it any more, and believe me I tried quite hard. Returned the flippin thing in disgust. I imagine that it is designed to fit snugly, but a small variation in manufacture rendered the thing useless. Others appear to have been luckier, and its a shame because otherwise it looked like just the thing.