5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying......
Having attended one of th gigs for this final tour I thought the cd/ dvd set would be a good way to remember the band as they were.
Published on 28 April 2011 by Twells

3.0 out of 5 stars No Bandstand - so missing a lot
Published on 14 Oct. 2011 by Mr. M. A. Yates

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying......, 28 April 2011
Twells (,England, UK) - See all my reviews
The live cd is crisp, clear and gives a good representation of the band at their best. The only comment I would make is that the crowd cheering etc is perhaps slighty over done in terms of edited sound production- but then of course its a live album!
The live companion dvd is very good though- great image and sound clarity, with good production and some good additional bib's and bob's from the band members and fans.
If you like A-Ha you'll love it.
nb, best played loud.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Bandstand - so missing a lot, 14 Oct. 2011
I was really dissapointed to see the tracklist doesn't include the fantastic song The Bandstand which is definately one of the best tracks from the latest album. This song was included in the tour. I saw it at Wembley Arena and with Morten playing the drums at the end the energy of this song was amazing - probably the best song in the show! Everyone was up on their feet and loved it!
According to Wikipedia the song was on the general set list. It opened the Luna Park gig, and was also featured in the Ullevaal Stadium gig on August 21, 2010 which was the last concert... so it's very very dissapointing and suprising not to see it on the DVD. Maybe something went wrong during the gig? If so couldn't they have pulled the recording from another day? Somebody made a big mistake on this. Otherwise the concert is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 2 May 2011
This live CD/DVD just proves what all a-ha fans already knew - this hugely talented trio really did choose to bow out when they were at their absolute best. As a huge fan of the band since the very beginning I know that I will be listening to and watching this final offering endlessly. The only a-ha song that ever seems to get played on the radio is "Take On Me", which of course I love, but I don't think is their best song by a long way. So many people wrote them off as a lightweight pop band because of it, but might have been pleasantly surprised by their skillfull and mature song writing if only they would have been prepared to listen with an open mind.

I was lucky enough to be at one of their final UK concerts and was really looking forward to the release of this CD/DVD. On the whole I was not disappointed, the sound and picture quality are outstanding and the band are on top form delivering an excellent performance. Like many others I can't understand why "The Bandstand" was not included as it was so well received at the concert I went to. Also there aren't very many extras on the DVD - it would have been a nice touch to have included the photo montage that was shown during the concerts just before the band came back on stage for their encore, which was met by a mixture of laughter and tears by the audience as it evoked so many happy memories of the band's 25 year career, not to mention some of their more questionable wardrobe choices!

On a more positive note I absolutely love the stripped back versions of "Butterfly, Butterfly" and "Crying in the Rain", they are simply beautiful. Mags on piano, Paul on guitar and Morten's incredible, unique voice - so moving and emotional. With such an extensive back catalogue to draw from every a-ha fan will have personal favourites that they felt should have made the set list for the final concerts. For me it would be "Dark is the Night For All" and "Lifelines", but I can't fault any of the songs that they did play. They may be gone but they will not be forgotten and this final offering is a key part of their wonderful legacy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best souvenir after 25 years, 30 April 2011
Jose Luis Cartes Baguena (spain) - See all my reviews
Having been to their gigs in Madrid and Barcelona earlier 2010, this Oslo Dec 4th recording is awesome. The tracklist, including not only greatest hits (such as Take on me, The sun always shines on TV, Stay on these roads, The living daylights, Summer moved on) but algo longtime fan favourites (Scoundrel days, The swing of things, etc) works as a perfect example of their ability to build epic melodies over 25 years. Morten sings at his best and the band sounds as good as ever with the new drummer. The images on the screen behind them take the songs even further and the whole editing is quite seductive. The audience doesn't miss their chance to take their part in this final memorial to the band either, with great contributions on Hunting high and low and The living daylights. Specially remarkable is their rockier approach to songs like We're looking for the whales or Cry wolf, proving that A-ha is a great live band. Should you ever enjoyed A-ha, at any of their stages, you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 15 May 2011
I bought this deluxe edition as I am a great aha fan, I have been for 25 years ever since "take on me" released, I bought this as a special momento of the last ever aha concert and it is well worth the money, I love the concert it really gave you the feeling that , you were actually at the concert and the cds complement the set as you can hear the concert whilst on the move,

Its totally fantastic and had me smiling and crying at the same time, we will never get over aha ending on a high note, but this collection and all the other cd's and dvd's will help.

This is an amazing set,even if you just knew take on me buy this as it spans the 25 years of their pop history.

buy it and you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cd/dvd by the best band ever, 26 April 2011
Ms. Rebecca Wheeldon (England) - See all my reviews
Was so looking forward to the arrival of this dvd/cd and was not disappointed. A fantastic way to remember one of the best concerts ever no matter which venue you saw them at. A must have for a-ha fans :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Ending On A Moderately High Note, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ending On A High Note - The Final Concert (Audio CD)
Probably like a lot of people who have bought this album or who are considering buying it I'm a massive A-ha fan, having all their studio albums and two previous live albums. Whilst not taking away from the 'moment in history' aspects of this final performance, having listened to this a few times now, I'm not sure it adds much at all to the sum total of what I already had.Yes, the songs are great (weren't they always), but the overall performance, arrangements etc. are pretty average. I think they got their timing just about right; it's a fond farewell, thanks for some fabulous songs and great albums linked to great memories guys, but all the seasons move on.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia to the MAX, 4 May 2011
WOW! I ordered CD, DVD and Bluray and it arrived yesterday. Put the CDs in the car stereo on the way into work this morning and had got as far as track 7 (Stay on these Roads) when I arrived at the car park outside work. I wanted to stay listening in the car --- it is that good! Some of the notes Morten reaches are just incredible and the other lads are in spectacular form too. It starts off with "The Sun Always Shines on TV" and each track is good enough to stop you from scanning through the songs to get to the next. A must for any A-ha fan and a great gift for any other 80's kids. This is as good a live concert as I have ever heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a way to end!, 3 Jun. 2011
a-ha finaly ended their 25 year career in Oslo and if you weren't lucky enough to be in Oslo to celebrate the occasion, then this is the chance to do it in the comfort of your very own home. The DVD captures all the memories from a very special concert and the CD is the best live album I have in my collection of live CD's.

The band really did give it everything on the night, pure passion and belief in what they do (or rather did).
If you like a-ha then it does not get better than this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed, 20 May 2011
Mrs. Ruth Mann (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Having managed to get through the snow and traffic chaos leading up to the final gigs I'm pleased to have a reminder of just why I put myself through the stress. Being part of this historic concert will live with me forever and it's great to finally see how the big screens worked as I was fully focussed on the guys on the stage rather than the whole picture.

Slightly disappointed that The Bandstand wasn't included, but overall this DVD/CD will give you some spine tingling moments.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›