on 5 January 2016
The RAM arrived on time and worked first time without hassle when I connected it to my motherboard. There is one problem though - I used some PC programs like CPUID to check the specifications of what's inside my computer and it said that the ram was only running at 400mhz, not the 800mhz that was advertised. I didn't think it was a problem with the ram; I did thourough research beforehand and the sources said that my motherboard can use 800mhz ram (it's a very old motherbaord by today's standards) but for some reason it's only running at half that. Unless I misread the product information, it's probably safe to assume that either the BIOS or the motherboard wouldn't allow me to run the ram at 800mhz. Aside from the speed problem the ram works perfectly fine and is a good upgrade from the 4gb I used to have; It seems that 4gb of ram just won't cut it anymore to run a lot of games.
on 18 June 2015
One faulty dimm. Also slow CL6 "budget"/"value" RAM which wasn't clear in the description. And also low profile ram which the picture didn't match (picture showed full height DIMM). Not really impressed tbh.

To be clear - the fact its CL6 and low-profile isn't in itself a problem if that's what you expect - it's more that I like to know what I'm getting before I click buy so when descriptions are incomplete or pictures incorrect it doesn't give you confidence in the listing or Amazon in general.

If you're happy with budget ram, and assume the faulty DIMM is an abnormality, then this RAM may be fine for you. But I can only review based on what I received - sorry Komputerbay but it's a NO from me.
on 18 October 2012
I've been looking to upgrade my son's PC for basic school work and finding a buy like this for 2 gigs of memory was a definite addition worth the money. A good fast delivery and product was in excellent condition. would defiantly use again.
on 30 March 2016
I received the RAM within the estimated time, it worked immediately without resetting the BIOS as it's perfectly compatible with the ASUS M4A78 PRO motherboard I have in my system, and after checking it with an testing program the following specs are displayed:

" RAM type: DDR2
Total Size: 8192 MBytes
Dual Channel
CAS Latency (CL): 6 clocks
DRAM Frequency: 401.3 MHz
Manufacturer: Kingston

Individual Module:
Size: 2048 MBytes
Max. Bandwith: PC2-6400 (400 MHz)
Year 2015 "
on 19 January 2016
This memory kit provides a very good solution for upgrading some-what out-of-date old computer system. I've been running with this RAM kit for two months in my old PC and there has not been a single issue caused by the RAM since upgrade.

The PC I wanted to upgrade is almost 7 years old. I wanted to expand the RAM from 4GB to 8GB, due to upgrading the OS to Win10. It is very difficult to find DDR2 RAM sticks match with the existing ones -- to avoid any incompatibility issue, ideally the new and old ram sticks should be exactly the same brand/model, all at least the same voltage, frequency, and (maybe) timing etc. I reckon finding sticks like that is not easy, and often expensive. This 8GB RAM kit, on the other hand, provided me an affordable solution so I can simply swap the existing 4GB RAMs with these. True these rams are not as fast my old ones, in terms of frequency and timing, but IMO it is a very balanced compromise among RAM speed, size, stability and money.

I would also strongly recommend NOT to mix RAMs of different spec, as it may cause a lot stability issues, even for more expensive big brand product. And it does require some basic knowledge for upgrading RAMs, rather than just plug-n-play.
on 7 September 2015
I don't usually cheap out on memory but this was for an older system that requires DDR2 Memory and you always pay a price premium on older generation RAM because of low production.
I got this for nearly half the asking price of the bigger brands so I took a gamble and it didn't pay off as 2 out of the 4 memory modules were faulty.
I wasn't entirely surprised as the dirt cheap prices are indicative of poor quality control.
Komputerbay don't actually manufacture DRAM and mostly likely only re-work faulty memory modules from other suppliers which is why they're so cheap. You combine that with poor QA testing and you have yourself some hit and miss memory.
Even though the very low price is tempting I don't recommend taking the risk, the hassle that comes with an unstable system because of bad RAM just isn't worth it.
I ended up buying some Crucial memory which worked just fine.
on 23 January 2015
The memory that I purchased for my P.C. ie: 4x2gb could not be used as 8gb. My machine decided that it was too much to handle, but did settle for a 6gb setup and that has made a vast improvement to it's performance. Many thanks to the boys at Komputerbay for their assistance.
on 29 March 2013
This 2GB of RAM was added in addition to 2GB on my 2008 Cyberpower PC (Dual E8400 3GHz Vista), the orginal RAM was also DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400
The new RAM was added in slots 2 & 4 as original was in slots 1 & 3, the computer booted up fine, but after a few minutes on Mine-craft the mouse & keyboard both froze. I next tried new RAM in slots 1 & 2 and the old RAM in slots 3 & 4, the computer would not boot up at all, same with old RAM in slots 1 & 2 and the new RAM in slots 3 & 4.
I finally tried the new RAM in slots 1 & 3 and the old RAM in slots 2 & 4 and now it is working fine no problems at all.
In conclusion there must be slight difference in speed between new and old and without going into changing the CPU set up this is the best compromise, of course there may be something else that I have not tried.
on 3 June 2014
I ordered a 2GB stick of DDR2 RAM from Komputerbay and when it arrived I could see through the plastic packaging that there were scratches on the PCB (the stick didn't look new). After fitting it, it appeared it was DOA as well, so I emailed Komputerbay Support who told me the scratches were due to 'testing at the factory' and they apologised for the DOA, so sent me replacement RAM. When the replacement arrived, they'd sent DDR2 SODIMM, which was completely useless to me (and the email included the amazon receipt, so there's no excuse really for sending the wrong type). Bought because it was cheap and in stock, wouldn't recommend; go with a brand like Crucial and you won't have problems.
on 18 May 2012
I decided that I wanted to upgrade the ram in my pc to 4 gigs so Windows 7 had a bit more memory to use and I could more memory demanding programs.
The 2gb stick of DDR2 PC2-6400 800mhz ram came fairly quickly in the post and it fitted in the computer alright (the computer is a HP slimline, which are a bit of a pain to upgrade). I was then able to install the 1GB DDR2 Pc2-6400 800mhz ram that I removed into another pc which only had 1gb in it.
I was recommended to get this ram by a friend who had recently bought the dual channel kit of this ram for his pc so he could run and install Windows 7 64bit onto it.